• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! (part 2)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to share something I learned about L'Occitane and their codes...if you have anything in your cart that is a sale item, their website WILL NOT allow you to use a code.  They refresh their codes monthly, so today is (according to a CSR) the last day to redeem any of the January codes.

So, if you used a January code already, like TRAVEL5, and try to use another one, PRECIOUS, but PRECIOUS is OOS and their website redirects the promo TRAVEL5 to replace it...you will have to pay for it after you go to checkout (changes from $0.00 to $38.00).  I had this example yesterday and did a live chat with the CSR.  She said for me to place the order, then she would 'fix it.'

When I clarified what 'fix it' meant, that she would remove the charge, she said yes.  I further asked (been burned before) if she could 'fix it' even though I had already used TRAVEL5 and she said ooooooooooohhhh, that must be why the system was charging you.  No, you can't redeem it again and no I can't waive the charge on it even though PRECIOUS is out of stock (and for those of you familiar, I redeemed NEW also...no more promos left!).

Short story long LOL if you want something on sale, and can't use a promo code - buy it now because tomorrow there are new promos (apparently) and you can't use any promo code with a sale item.  I did a full order of everything I wanted on sale, and left out anything reg price to see what is in store starting tomorrow - she said they had lots of fun things coming up due to Valentine's Day!  Yeah!!

Today is not my day for good communication, I hope that made sense!

I just got an email from Ulta with another 20% off code - did anyone verify/disprove that we can still doublestack coupons?
Yes, some have.  I am apparently banned.  And I'm having a hissy fit over it.  Not my day! Use one mailed code with one emailed code...and you should be good to go!

Omg! I wear 32 inseam!! Actually 31 is probably perfect but they never have that.

28 is above my ankles.

Crazy long torso! Lucky... Clothes must look really good on you.
lmao I have a pair that are 32 that I bought accidentally, if I don't roll them up twice then I might as well not bother wearing socks  :laughno:

I live in skinny jeans and girlie band tees when I'm not working. I basically have to stick with more fitted clothes because of my proportions. I struggle with looser fitting clothes. Straight/boot cut jeans? lol no chance. I like skinnies the most anyways so that's no big deal unless it's work pants. It makes me really sad that I can never wear floaty clothes or dresses though since I think they're gorgeous. My chest kind of catches the fabric and makes the rest of the dress/top puff out like a tent and it ends up looking ridiculously unflattering on me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, some have.  I am apparently banned.  And I'm having a hissy fit over it.  Not my day! Use one mailed code with one emailed code...and you should be good to go!
I got hit with the same banhammer for doubling up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I could check out with one code with no problem but couldn't with 2. It all added to my cart fine, but once I tried to check out they had ~issues~ processing my payment.

I got hit with the same banhammer for doubling up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I could check out with one code with no problem but couldn't with 2. It all added to my cart fine, but once I tried to check out they had ~issues~ processing my payment.
i'm scared to try. i doubled up last time and had no problem. i don't want to get to payment and have it blocked. i want to use a visa GC + CC to buy, so i essentially have to buy an ulta GC for it to work first. I'm not going to buy if i don't get 40%... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm shocked! I got it to work, and just got a Foreo for $129! I punched it in just to see what would happen, then when it worked I was so astonished I hit "purchase" without even really thinking about it. So much for that no-buy. How am I going to explain this one away?

I'm not using my Ulta code, so here it is up for grabs- since we are so close to expiration.

2Y6XZ5GFV0Q

i won't be using my ULTA code so if anyone wants it just PM me! 

Hey all I have 2 50% off codes for Julep. I will post them here. Please just post if they are taken:

NEWOSVL1EJCW

NEWNSV7T6DP8

They expire today 1/31/15

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the correction. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  Sorry to see you go. Hope you will visit us again some day. Thank you for being part of MUT! For the record, we do not access PMs, read them or delete them that's why they are called PMs. We ask that you follow the rules of MUT however when using your PMs but they are for your benefit.

Reactions: MET
not everyone is leaving :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  we have been online since 2003 and will continue.

Reactions: MET
Okay. I made the "Make your own Vitamin C" thread. It needs revision probably, but I posted it now because I wrote it all out once and then lost it ;( :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. i'm about to go to bed, but I'll be available in the thread or the other place (I think I can go ahead and say the place on FB we went to) to answer any questions!

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/135737-making-your-own-vitamin-c-serumstoners-so-great-for-your-skin/
Thanks for doing this!  I've started to make my own serums and am looking forward to seeing how you do yours.

Could we possibly start a MUT REFUGEES forum on Facebook? I really need this enablers thread to continue somewhere else. Could someone please start this????

@renofab...it is! See my signature =)

Could we possibly start a MUT REFUGEES forum on Facebook? I really need this enablers thread to continue somewhere else. Could someone please start this????

I am on mobile and, for some reason, can't request desktop to see signatures for crying out loud. Help! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back