Ephedrine based weight loss products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Good! I'll be trying some of that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
lucky that you share stuff with your mom! lol

Originally Posted by Liz lucky that you share stuff with your mom! lol Well, this time she's going to have to share with me!
wink.gif
lol
And good advice Jess about the amt. of pills. Now even if I get 'used' to something like that and it has absolutely no effect on me... I rarely take more than one. I get too nervous. Even though some of the bottle directions say take like 3 pills 3x a day - I won't ... I might take 1 in the am... and one in the afternoon at most. I never do what they say.
icon_redface.gif
I guess that's why I don't see such good results as someone else might that takes a lot of pills.... but I'd rather know that I'm not harming myself or overdoing it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Thanks for the Link Jess, I just ordered it.... :icon_love Karen, did you recieve your TSN yet? If so how's it coming? I just ordered some today.

Originally Posted by ooonitsreekooo Karen, did you recieve your TSN yet? If so how's it coming? I just ordered some today. Nope not yet, they said they were processing it - so hopefully maybe by next week they should come....lol...you ordered them too? We'll have to all post our weight loss each week...and give ourselves the incentive !!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, this time she's going to have to share with me!
wink.gif
lol
And good advice Jess about the amt. of pills. Now even if I get 'used' to something like that and it has absolutely no effect on me... I rarely take more than one. I get too nervous. Even though some of the bottle directions say take like 3 pills 3x a day - I won't ... I might take 1 in the am... and one in the afternoon at most. I never do what they say.
icon_redface.gif
I guess that's why I don't see such good results as someone else might that takes a lot of pills.... but I'd rather know that I'm not harming myself or overdoing it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

How is that stuff with the tummy area? I wanted to try ephedra products but my husband gave me a lecture on how you can get a heart attack. Im sure if you just use not abuse them you will be fine,Ihave just ten pounds that i would love to shed but they are so hard to go.I am going to try the slim pills ,thanks for the info.

My aunt died in November 2002 at age 52, after a double lung transplant which she needed because of a severe case of primary pulmonary hypertension, brought on 5 years after taking Redux (the re-marketed version of Fen Phen) for less than 30 days under a doctor's care. Last December, her daughter, my cousin, got married without her mother there. This December, she will graduate college without her mother there. I don't have kids yet, but I know for SURE that I don't want to miss out on the big events in their lives. I'll never take a diet supplement to lose weight.

Jess,

I had not heard the ban was overruled. I haven't seen any ephedra based products in the stores yet . When did this happen?

Originally Posted by wongy74 Ok, I know this is bad, but I am so happy that the ban on ephedrine is overruled for now. I know it's not good for me, and I don't use it much, but I have to admit that I rely on it during crunch times when I can't sleep too much. I also like it when I've been pigging out and gained a couple pounds- I exercise and take one pill a day and the weight is gone in a matter of days. I know it's generally unhealthy to use it in the long term and want to make it clear that I used it very infrequently.
I also want to add that I think ephedrine can be a good thing if you know how to use it wisely. Honestly, those who died from heart attacks using ephedrine were taking too much- they were ODing on the stuff, abusing it. And I'm sure there can be negative effects if used regularly over a long period of time- but the instructions say you're supposed to stop periodically. The FDA can't prove that ephedrine is dangerous, that's why their ruling was overruled and probably won't be reinstated. There are many things that are dangerous if abused, but that doesn't make them dangerous in and of themselves.

I used ephedrine regularly for about 2-3 years from like 2000 to 2002. I used it regularly because I was a bit chubby and wanted to lost some extra pounds, which I lost quite fast with diet, exercise, and a boost from the ephedrine. I had no problems except one time where I took too much (and I do acknowledge that it was my own stupid fault)- my heart was beating out of my chest and I vomited. I firmly believe that, if taken properly, ephedrine can be safe and effective.

I think the biggest problem with ephedrine manufacturers is that on their labels, they advise people to take too much right off the bat- the FDA should focus on that. Rule of thumb if you're going to try to take ephedrine- take one pill and see how it affects you. It should kick your butt and make you feel like you have a big caffeine buzz. You should only up the dose if you don't feel anything. And IMHO, you should only use it for a month, tops and then take a break for a month.

With all that said, I found the brand I used to use available online. If you are interested, google "Thin and Slim Naturally." And if you're going to abuse it, don't even try to use it.
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby My aunt died in November 2002 at age 52, after a double lung transplant which she needed because of a severe case of primary pulmonary hypertension, brought on 5 years after taking Redux (the re-marketed version of Fen Phen) for less than 30 days under a doctor's care. Last December, her daughter, my cousin, got married without her mother there. This December, she will graduate college without her mother there. I don't have kids yet, but I know for SURE that I don't want to miss out on the big events in their lives. I'll never take a diet supplement to lose weight. Sorry to hear that spaz... it's scary to hear things like that about things dr.'s give out & say is safe...
icon_confused.gif

Was the overruling made public and if it was, I'm sure it was very hush hush? Besides the link you provided, is there anywhere else that you know of to get the products? I tried google, but haven't come across anything. I have a male friend that will be shocked by this news.

The overruling was made public. It was on every major news website. I think maybe it just wasn't a huge deal to most, so it wasn't front page news.

If you google "ephedrine xenadrine," you will get a bunch of sites that sell ephedrine based products, but aren't necessarily the original name brands.

Originally Posted by Sofia Was the overruling made public and if it was, I'm sure it was very hush hush? Besides the link you provided, is there anywhere else that you know of to get the products? I tried google, but haven't come across anything. I have a male friend that will be shocked by this news.

Originally Posted by K*O* Nope not yet, they said they were processing it - so hopefully maybe by next week they should come....lol...you ordered them too? We'll have to all post our weight loss each week...and give ourselves the incentive !!!

Definitely! I recently lost 10 lbs of my college freshman 15, but this took 6 months to do and I can't seem to lose any more. I still want to lose about 15 more... hope this works! Will keep everyone posted.

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Hi Jess, The TSN has arrived !! I took one yesterday around noon - no problem... no side effects with me - but then again, I'm not normal !!
biggrin.gif
As the weeks go by, I'll give you my progress report...lol Ya know, the older you get, the harder it is to take the weight off - However, I'd like to get down to my fighting weight of 100 lbs again. My jeans are a size 4, but I'd feel more comfortable in a size 2 ~ Thanks again Jess xx
wink.gif
Originally Posted by wongy74 No problem, Karen! Remember--- just take one until you don't feel its effects anymore... should be awhile before that happens! Actually,I don't think I've ever taken two of the TSN at one time.

You should be getting them any day....mines here !!! Originally Posted by ooonitsreekooo First update... my "order has been shipped and will arrive within one week." YAY!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* You should be getting them any day....mines here !!! I got them a few days ago! I've been taking them for 3 days (only one pill in the morning until I get used to it) and I lost two pounds! I'm impressed! Hopefully this continues.
P.S. If anyone is still looking to buy Ephedrine products w/out ordering them on the internet, I saw them at my local Gold's gym. This might be an option for you!? Who knows...

Yeah, they're good - I don't weigh myself...I just judge by the way the jeans fit!...lol

Originally Posted by ooonitsreekooo I got them a few days ago! I've been taking them for 3 days (only one pill in the morning until I get used to it) and I lost two pounds! I'm impressed! Hopefully this continues.
P.S. If anyone is still looking to buy Ephedrine products w/out ordering them on the internet, I saw them at my local Gold's gym. This might be an option for you!? Who knows...

Oh, I'm luvin' em....doing good...it really suppresses the appetite, and doesn't make me jittery (Never had any problems with ephedra based pills)- I only take one in the afternoon before lunch, and I'm fine...don't crave anything - I do drink a lot of water (always did) which helps too... The only thing I do find with the pills, is that about an hour or two after, my mouth is dry - sorta like you have a wad of cotton in it...but that's not a bad side effect....if you wanna call it that..

Originally Posted by Liz how are you liking the pills so far karen?

Back