Ephedrine based weight loss products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great, Karen and ooonitsreekoo!
icon_biggrin.gif
My ephedrine has been keeping me awake at work!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Oh, I'm luvin' em....doing good...it really suppresses the appetite, and doesn't make me jittery (Never had any problems with ephedra based pills)- I only take one in the afternoon before lunch, and I'm fine...don't crave anything - I do drink a lot of water (always did) which helps too... The only thing I do find with the pills, is that about an hour or two after, my mouth is dry - sorta like you have a wad of cotton in it...but that's not a bad side effect....if you wanna call it that..

I'm glad these are working for you guys! I took xenadrine about 5 years ago for weight loss/energy. I definately felt so much or energetic...they made me jittery. Of course I always took the maximum dose (worked up to it) but still, I was never big (maybe 140, just trying to drop a bit of fat) so I don't think I ever should have taken the max. amount.

Well I never had a bad experience, but it did end up causing me to have really shallow breathing. Like I'd try to take a deep breath and it would just not go down into my lungs if that makes sense. I tried all sorts of inhalers/allergy meds since that's what my doctor thought was causing the problems, but when I stopped taking the xenadrine, it went away.

So I don't think I'd ever take them again, but they definately worked. Sometimes when I get lazy and put on 5-10 lbs I know that it would get it off within a week or 2, but I'm too scared to try it again
frown.gif

I'm glad these are working for you guys! I took xenadrine about 5 years ago for weight loss/energy. I definately felt so much or energetic...they made me jittery. Of course I always took the maximum dose (worked up to it) but still, I was never big (maybe 140, just trying to drop a bit of fat) so I don't think I ever should have taken the max. amount.

Well I never had a bad experience, but it did end up causing me to have really shallow breathing. Like I'd try to take a deep breath and it would just not go down into my lungs if that makes sense. I tried all sorts of inhalers/allergy meds since that's what my doctor thought was causing the problems, but when I stopped taking the xenadrine, it went away.

So I don't think I'd ever take them again, but they definately worked. Sometimes when I get lazy and put on 5-10 lbs I know that it would get it off within a week or 2 with xenadrine, but I'm too scared to try it again
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I'm glad these are working for you guys! I took xenadrine about 5 years ago for weight loss/energy. I definately felt so much or energetic...they made me jittery. Of course I always took the maximum dose (worked up to it) but still, I was never big (maybe 140, just trying to drop a bit of fat) so I don't think I ever should have taken the max. amount.Well I never had a bad experience, but it did end up causing me to have really shallow breathing. Like I'd try to take a deep breath and it would just not go down into my lungs if that makes sense. I tried all sorts of inhalers/allergy meds since that's what my doctor thought was causing the problems, but when I stopped taking the xenadrine, it went away.

So I don't think I'd ever take them again, but they definately worked. Sometimes when I get lazy and put on 5-10 lbs I know that it would get it off within a week or 2 with xenadrine, but I'm too scared to try it again
frown.gif

While this is only my first experience with ephedrine and I've only been taking it for about a week, I don't think you should be so worried about taking it again. It seems like the side effects you experienced were because you were taking the maximum dose (?). Like Karen, my mouth gets dry after a couple hours. I also get a little bit jittery, but not enough to effect my daily activities. I take one pill in the morning when I first wake up (8 am), and one in the afternoon (3 pm). I only have about 10 lbs to lose until I reach my normal weight of 100 lbs. (I'm very a petite 5' 3" girl) It's been five days and I've lost 3 of my 10 lb goal. Anyway, I don't really know where I'm going with this... but I think if you stick with the min. dose you should be OK.

Well I was able to find a diet/exercise plan that is effective for me so I don't really feel the need to lose weight anymore, but if I did, then I might try out the lower dose. I think I prefer doing it without pills though just because then I know I can keep it off and it's not just the pills. But I'm really glad everyone is seeing results AND being safe about it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Gypsy I think the address has changed b/c I cant pull it up. Anyone know of any other sites I can order a bottle from
icon_question.gif
I just clicked on the link above and it worked, but I went and found another. http://www.thinandslimnaturally.com/...slim_info.html It seems to be cheaper on the site I just found.Hope that one works for you.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 Does the System-Six with Xenodrol give you extra energy? Nowadays, I only use ephedrine for energy boosts during finals... for the jittery feeling! LOL! Girl, i have tried so many damn GNC weight loss pills it's not even funny. 

Xenedrine (the first time it came out, and it's new Rx kind): gives me energy and after 6 month's it doesnt work no more. i usually don't take it for two weeks, and go back on it again so that my immune system doesnt build a tolerance towards it. however, as soon as decided to quit, i gained back all my weight.

(by the way, during the time i was on Xenedrine, i lost 25 lbs, in a month, excercised 2 hours a day, even after i stopped taking it. however, i still gained back the weight despite my excercise. i was 16 at that time.)

HydroxyCut: (i have tried the most recent one, and the old formula as well): let me tell u this, maybe it's me, but Hydroxycut has extreme polar effects on different pple. me and my friend decided to take it. she lost 5lbs in 2 days without excercising, she had a bleeding nose, and she was hyper all day long. For me, i felt nothing, no nausea, i excercised constantly everyday, and didn't loose a single pound. 

Lean System 7:

I lost 30 pounds in 2 months by excercising 2 hours a day and taking it religiously. it even had a website with a forum dedicated to this weight loss pill! however, just like Xenedrine, i gained it all back (without changing my excercise habits) after i stopped taking it.

Total Lean:

this helped me loose weight fast, but it fluctuated alot! everytime if i miss a dosage, i would not loose weight or i gain back 2 pounds. i excercised, ate a healthy meal, never touched junk food, and yet, as soon as i stopped taking it, but continue my healthy habits, i gained back all my weight. 

conclusion:

for all those who want to try diet pills. try not to. i wouldn't reccomend it, because it messes with your metabolism so bad, that after your off it, your metabolism is dependent on diet pills, so you have to excercise EVEN MORE and EAT EVEN LESS to make up for the diet pill abscence. i think excerciseing more than 2 hours a day is too hard to fit in.

by the way, all these are not ephederine based, but made with plants that work the same way as ephederine.

i had no side effects what so ever except for i had high energy to carry out a continuous 2 hour workout session.

my appetite was curbed and that's about it.

right now, i am trying to loose weight without diet pills, although it's the harder way out, i am so sick of popping pills. i have been on and off diet pills for nearly 3 years.

be careful everyone!

thanks for reviewing all of those pills for us!

so do you think the pills helped with the weight loss or was it the working out 2 hours a day that did the most work?

Originally Posted by sugersoul by the way, all these are not ephederine based, but made with plants that work the same way as ephederine.
i had no side effects what so ever except for i had high energy to carry out a continuous 2 hour workout session.

my appetite was curbed and that's about it.

right now, i am trying to loose weight without diet pills, although it's the harder way out, i am so sick of popping pills. i have been on and off diet pills for nearly 3 years.

be careful everyone!

Great review of those pills.I wanted to take supplements to lose weight but i lost 15 lbs just by watching what i eat and excercising.I dont deny myself anything but i dont over eat,when im full i stop,before i would just eat to eat.I had to teach myself that food is for nourishment not recreation,lol

Originally Posted by Liz thanks for reviewing all of those pills for us!
so do you think the pills helped with the weight loss or was it the working out 2 hours a day that did the most work?

hahah i think if i didn't go on the diet pills, the 2 hours of working out a day probably would of worked by itself!
smile.gif

but since i decided to take the diet pill, i worked out even harder, burned more calories within the 2 hours, so when i got off the pill, my metabolism slowed down, and the 2 hours didn't seem enough -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

but this summer, I VOW TO LOOSE WEIGHT FOR GOOD!

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Great review of those pills.I wanted to take supplements to lose weight but i lost 15 lbs just by watching what i eat and excercising.I dont deny myself anything but i dont over eat,when im full i stop,before i would just eat to eat.I had to teach myself that food is for nourishment not recreation,lol congrats on loosing the 15lbs girl
smile.gif

did u focus more on strength training or cardio?

Originally Posted by sugersoul Girl, i have tried so many damn GNC weight loss pills it's not even funny.
Xenedrine (the first time it came out, and it's new Rx kind): gives me energy and after 6 month's it doesnt work no more. i usually don't take it for two weeks, and go back on it again so that my immune system doesnt build a tolerance towards it. however, as soon as decided to quit, i gained back all my weight.

(by the way, during the time i was on Xenedrine, i lost 25 lbs, in a month, excercised 2 hours a day, even after i stopped taking it. however, i still gained back the weight despite my excercise. i was 16 at that time.)

HydroxyCut: (i have tried the most recent one, and the old formula as well): let me tell u this, maybe it's me, but Hydroxycut has extreme polar effects on different pple. me and my friend decided to take it. she lost 5lbs in 2 days without excercising, she had a bleeding nose, and she was hyper all day long. For me, i felt nothing, no nausea, i excercised constantly everyday, and didn't loose a single pound.

Lean System 7:

I lost 30 pounds in 2 months by excercising 2 hours a day and taking it religiously. it even had a website with a forum dedicated to this weight loss pill! however, just like Xenedrine, i gained it all back (without changing my excercise habits) after i stopped taking it.

Total Lean:

this helped me loose weight fast, but it fluctuated alot! everytime if i miss a dosage, i would not loose weight or i gain back 2 pounds. i excercised, ate a healthy meal, never touched junk food, and yet, as soon as i stopped taking it, but continue my healthy habits, i gained back all my weight.
conclusion:

for all those who want to try diet pills. try not to. i wouldn't reccomend it, because it messes with your metabolism so bad, that after your off it, your metabolism is dependent on diet pills, so you have to excercise EVEN MORE and EAT EVEN LESS to make up for the diet pill abscence. i think excerciseing more than 2 hours a day is too hard to fit in.
Awesome reviews! Very helpful!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I definitely prefer the ephedra-based Hydroxycut over the non-ephedra formulas. I've never had a problem with ephedra, per se but I didn't abuse it like some users I've encountered.

I don't think ephedra is dangerous, it is the users who consider it a miracle pill/shortcut to weight loss. Those people, like my cousin, who would take 6-10 pills a day, no water, no food, no exercise, no calorie changes, and expect to lose weight in a heathful way!
icon_eek.gif

I'd love to get my hands on the old hydroxycut!

i'm lucky i still have half a bottle of regular xenadrine! i take one a day every so often. usually when i remember.

Liz! You are very very lucky! If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought at least 2 cases of the stuff. The only non-ephedrine product that I've found to come close to offering the results of Hydroxycut is Lipo-Six. I am very interested in trying the Lean System 7, though. Heard very good things about it!

yeah, that's why i don't take them so often. and one pill really lasts all day for me.

Originally Posted by Liz yeah, that's why i don't take them so often. and one pill really lasts all day for me. I totally understand. I only take about 2 of the Lipos a day. I'm going to finish this bottle and then maybe try the Lean System depending on the results I get from lipo!

Originally Posted by Liz i'm lucky i still have half a bottle of regular xenadrine! i take one a day every so often. usually when i remember. yeah i still have some of my old weightloss pills as well..sometimes it's so sickening to take it tho
icon_sad.gif
makes me sick to think of having to take pills everyday!
but now i rely on abusing my body w/ excercise
smile.gif

Back