Ephedrine based weight loss products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I know this is bad, but I am so happy that the ban on ephedrine is overruled for now. I know it's not good for me, and I don't use it much, but I have to admit that I rely on it during crunch times when I can't sleep too much. I also like it when I've been pigging out and gained a couple pounds- I exercise and take one pill a day and the weight is gone in a matter of days. I know it's generally unhealthy to use it in the long term and want to make it clear that I used it very infrequently.

I also want to add that I think ephedrine can be a good thing if you know how to use it wisely. Honestly, those who died from heart attacks using ephedrine were taking too much- they were ODing on the stuff, abusing it. And I'm sure there can be negative effects if used regularly over a long period of time- but the instructions say you're supposed to stop periodically. The FDA can't prove that ephedrine is dangerous, that's why their ruling was overruled and probably won't be reinstated. There are many things that are dangerous if abused, but that doesn't make them dangerous in and of themselves.

I used ephedrine regularly for about 2-3 years from like 2000 to 2002. I used it regularly because I was a bit chubby and wanted to lost some extra pounds, which I lost quite fast with diet, exercise, and a boost from the ephedrine. I had no problems except one time where I took too much (and I do acknowledge that it was my own stupid fault)- my heart was beating out of my chest and I vomited. I firmly believe that, if taken properly, ephedrine can be safe and effective.

I think the biggest problem with ephedrine manufacturers is that on their labels, they advise people to take too much right off the bat- the FDA should focus on that. Rule of thumb if you're going to try to take ephedrine- take one pill and see how it affects you. It should kick your butt and make you feel like you have a big caffeine buzz. You should only up the dose if you don't feel anything. And IMHO, you should only use it for a month, tops and then take a break for a month.

With all that said, I found the brand I used to use available online. If you are interested, google "Thin and Slim Naturally." And if you're going to abuse it, don't even try to use it.
icon_evil.gif

A good tip for any supplement, especially cleansers or weight loss or fat burners...3 weeks on, 1 week off. Most places will recommend if you're taking something that has a serious impact on your body, you should only take it for a few weeks. Then you should rest from it before you start taking it again. I personally don't like ephedra based products or anything else that makes me get the jitters. I did find something that works to burn fat without the spun-out feeling, it's called System-Six with Xenodrol. I've had good results with it helping to get the last bit of flab off my stomach and I never felt weird or tweaked out on it.

Does the System-Six with Xenodrol give you extra energy? Nowadays, I only use ephedrine for energy boosts during finals... for the jittery feeling! LOL!

Oh they're letting it back on the market? hmmmm.... although I didn't like the side effects (racing heartbeat, lightheadedness) I did like the results... 50 lbs. in about 4 months. That was on Stacker 3 w/ Ephedra.
icon_wink.gif

yeah. i like xenadrine with epedrine too. i was lucky to save a bottle. lol. i only take it on days i don't go to the gym. if i take when i do go to the gym, i feel like my heart is going and my blood is pumping like crazy. and i only take 1 pill a day when i do take it. if i take more, like 2 at a time, i'd be nuts. and if i take 2 through out the day, i'll never be able to sleep at night. do you know when the band was lifted and if companys are gonna come out with stuff?

Originally Posted by wongy74 Does the System-Six with Xenodrol give you extra energy? Nowadays, I only use ephedrine for energy boosts during finals... for the jittery feeling! LOL! I think it does give me energy, but the same company has products that are specifically for energy boosts. I like their products alot. I've used several different supplements from them and I've had results that I wanted. You can either look for Irwin Naturals or the sister company Nature's Secret. I like them both.

Holy cow, I would be scared to take anything that would make my heart race like that!
icon_eek.gif
I don't even let myself have more 2 or 3 pops a week and I don't drink coffee!

yeah, some people can't handle stuff like that. i used to do drugs, and if i take too much of something, it makes me feel a little like the times when i was on those drugs (speed or x), and i would feel a little freaked out. partially because i don't like how i was when i was on drugs, and it makes me sick when i think about those times.

I am another person who is GLAD those drugs have been banned! They are very dangerous and addictive.My friend took a heart attack within 2 weeks of taking diet tablets.

I have learned there is no quick fix and weight that comes off fast goes on just as fast. Slow and steady is my moto

So since it isn't banned any longer. Where can you find it? I've looked at Walgreens and CVS and everything is Ephedra-free.

i don't know when the ban was lifted, so i guess it depends on how long it takes to manufacture the products and stuff

You may want to check online for the brands that you like. Many of them aren't manufacturing the pills again until they know that the FDA isn't going to be able to ban them again. The site I go to says that the pills are only available for a limited time.

I have never had the pills make me aggressive or anxious. If they did, I wouldn't take them either!

Originally Posted by Liz i don't know when the ban was lifted, so i guess it depends on how long it takes to manufacture the products and stuff

Originally Posted by wongy74 Ok, I know this is bad, but I am so happy that the ban on ephedrine is overruled for now. I know it's not good for me, and I don't use it much, but I have to admit that I rely on it during crunch times when I can't sleep too much. I also like it when I've been pigging out and gained a couple pounds- I exercise and take one pill a day and the weight is gone in a matter of days. I know it's generally unhealthy to use it in the long term and want to make it clear that I used it very infrequently.
I also want to add that I think ephedrine can be a good thing if you know how to use it wisely. Honestly, those who died from heart attacks using ephedrine were taking too much- they were ODing on the stuff, abusing it. And I'm sure there can be negative effects if used regularly over a long period of time- but the instructions say you're supposed to stop periodically. The FDA can't prove that ephedrine is dangerous, that's why their ruling was overruled and probably won't be reinstated. There are many things that are dangerous if abused, but that doesn't make them dangerous in and of themselves.

I used ephedrine regularly for about 2-3 years from like 2000 to 2002. I used it regularly because I was a bit chubby and wanted to lost some extra pounds, which I lost quite fast with diet, exercise, and a boost from the ephedrine. I had no problems except one time where I took too much (and I do acknowledge that it was my own stupid fault)- my heart was beating out of my chest and I vomited. I firmly believe that, if taken properly, ephedrine can be safe and effective.

I think the biggest problem with ephedrine manufacturers is that on their labels, they advise people to take too much right off the bat- the FDA should focus on that. Rule of thumb if you're going to try to take ephedrine- take one pill and see how it affects you. It should kick your butt and make you feel like you have a big caffeine buzz. You should only up the dose if you don't feel anything. And IMHO, you should only use it for a month, tops and then take a break for a month.

With all that said, I found the brand I used to use available online. If you are interested, google "Thin and Slim Naturally." And if you're going to abuse it, don't even try to use it.
icon_evil.gif

Ephedrine is overruled??? (Where??) I can't find anything around with that still in it...Its always ephedrine free...What are you using? & Where are you buying it?? I'd like to get some too, hey summer's coming - need a jump start!!! lol
tongue.gif

It's available at a few places if you google it, but the brand I use is Thin and Slim Naturally, available at

*edit* http://www.tsn2000.com/p-tsne.htm

Originally Posted by K*O* Ephedrine is overruled??? (Where??) I can't find anything around with that still in it...Its always ephedrine free...What are you using? & Where are you buying it?? I'd like to get some too, hey summer's coming - need a jump start!!! lol
tongue.gif

I was using a few diffrent products that had ephedrine in it and it never made my heart race or gittery, nothing at all, just hyper and lost the pounds big time, glad to see we can have the ephedrine back. Summer time and I need to get the belly flat. I am still using all the same products as before just minus the ephedrine and it sucks. I think my body is used to diet ype pills cause I can take about 3-4 a day (not at all one time) and it never phases me and I am semi-small to begin with. Thank you for posting this I will be going to the store tomorrow.

Originally Posted by wongy74 It's available at a few places if you google it, but the brand I use is Thin and Slim Naturally, available at *edit* http://www.tsn2000.com/p-tsne.htm

Thanks for the Link Jess, I just ordered it.... :icon_love

No problem, Karen! Remember--- just take one until you don't feel its effects anymore... should be awhile before that happens! Actually,I don't think I've ever taken two of the TSN at one time.

Originally Posted by K*O* Thanks for the Link Jess, I just ordered it.... :icon_love

Originally Posted by wongy74 No problem, Karen! Remember--- just take one until you don't feel its effects anymore... should be awhile before that happens! Actually,I don't think I've ever taken two of the TSN at one time. Nah, I wouldn't take more than one anyway...Even when I tried those Stacker3's I never got any side effects from it - it didn't make me jittery, nor my heart race, like some folks say it does to them...It made Janelle feel weird when she tried them...I can't see why tho, the way she drinks coffee - you wouldn't think it would phase her, but it did....
TSN just emailed me - they're processing my order and its going out this week!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Nah, I wouldn't take more than one anyway...Even when I tried those Stacker3's I never got any side effects from it - it didn't make me jittery, nor my heart race, like some folks say it does to them...It made Janelle feel weird when she tried them...I can't see why tho, the way she drinks coffee - you wouldn't think it would phase her, but it did....
tongue.gif

Good! I'll be trying some of that!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

TSN are a bit stronger in comparison to others that were on the market- I know that it was stronger than Xenadrine, Ripped Fuel, Hydroxycut... but IDK about Stacker 3.

I'm sure you already know what to do
wink.gif
,so this is more of just a general comment. I'm just making sure that anyone who reads this thread knows not to take two at once- esp of TSN. I can practically guarantee that anyone who takes two TSN at one time will be bugging out
icon_eek.gif
, to say the least.

I just love all of you :icon_love and want to make sure you are all safe.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Nah, I wouldn't take more than one anyway...Even when I tried those Stacker3's I never got any side effects from it - it didn't make me jittery, nor my heart race, like some folks say it does to them...It made Janelle feel weird when she tried them...I can't see why tho, the way she drinks coffee - you wouldn't think it would phase her, but it did....
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back