Everything You've tried to Get Rid of Them....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i am so sick of my dark circles.

i have never had puffiness, just huge dark circles o___o

i know they are not hereditary because both my parents dont' have them. and i don't think i can add more hours of sleep cause it doesn't work!

any suggestions? i have tried benefit eyecon, did jack for me. and h2o eye cream, but it only allowed easier coverage for makeup.

any suggestions?
icon_sad.gif

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr valign="top"><td colspan="2" valign="top"> Dark circles can be caused by fatigue, poor circulation, extra-thin skin under the eyes, hyperpigmentation or illness. Treating the cause will help keep dark circles from coming back. In the meantime, consider the following coverup tactics:

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td>
step.gif
</td> <td> Steps: </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 1. </td> <td> Select an under-eye concealer that's one shade lighter than the foundation you're using. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 2. </td> <td> Understand that a pale yellow underbase helps hide blue or grayish circles, while a light blue or mauve underbase masks brownish under-the-eye bags. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 3. </td> <td> Dab concealer under your eyes gently, using a soft circular motion. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 4. </td> <td> Apply foundation up to the concealer and blend the two shades together gently, using a circular motion. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 5. </td> <td> Talk to a dermatologist about prescription bleach creams for chronic dark circles. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 6. </td> <td> Ask your doctor about vitamin-A derivative creams and in-office chemical peels that might help lessen the darkness of your circles.</td></tr></tbody> </table>

Originally Posted by ximmaspecial1x Very good info, but I wanted to add that sometimes dark circles are not something you should see just a dermatologist about. You should think about seeing a nutritionist too. Make sure you are eating right. The way you eat affects what your skin does. yeah i heard that having eye circles could be an indication of a slow liver, is that true?

Originally Posted by Marisol <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr valign="top"><td colspan="2" valign="top"> Dark circles can be caused by fatigue, poor circulation, extra-thin skin under the eyes, hyperpigmentation or illness. Treating the cause will help keep dark circles from coming back. In the meantime, consider the following coverup tactics:
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td>
step.gif
</td> <td> Steps: </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 1. </td> <td> Select an under-eye concealer that's one shade lighter than the foundation you're using. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 2. </td> <td> Understand that a pale yellow underbase helps hide blue or grayish circles, while a light blue or mauve underbase masks brownish under-the-eye bags. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 3. </td> <td> Dab concealer under your eyes gently, using a soft circular motion. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 4. </td> <td> Apply foundation up to the concealer and blend the two shades together gently, using a circular motion. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 5. </td> <td> Talk to a dermatologist about prescription bleach creams for chronic dark circles. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" valign="top"> 6. </td> <td> Ask your doctor about vitamin-A derivative creams and in-office chemical peels that might help lessen the darkness of your circles.</td></tr></tbody> </table>

any brands that u would reccomend for concealer?

I've had dark circles since high school, and they haven't changed even though I have changed my sleeping habits, eating habits, and medications over the years ... I've come to the conclusion that they will just always be there because my skin is so pale it's more transparent than darker skin! I haven't found an eye cream that works so I just try to cover them up ... however I'm having a hard time finding a concealor that's the right color, most are too dark (so my circles just look orange, like wearing too dark of foundation), or I actually have one that is too light (amazing for my pale skin!) Right now I mix two kinds to get a better color but it's still not my favorite .... I was recommended to try Max Factor Panstick, and while I do think it has a great consistency for covering dark circles, the lightest shade is much too dark for me!
frown.gif
Prescriptives Camoflauge Cream also had a nice consistency, but again it was too dark for my skin and my circles just looked weird ...

I´m in the same boat. mine don´t seem to be hereditary either cause my mum´s are much much lighter than mine.

I highly recommend Bobby Brown Color Corrector+Creamy Concealer!!! you use the skin-colored (light pink) corrector under the whole eye area first. then I personally apply the concealer (yellow based) to the deppest part of my circles and slighty blend inwards with a concealer brush.

I always used to make the mistake to apply concealer to my whole undereye area wich ended up lookin unnatural, cause the concealer is one or two shades lighter than my foundation. but the circles are only really dark under the inner eye corners (at least on most people).

but the prescription bleaching cream sounds interesting-might have to ask my dermatologist. but I think this would be a last remedy. I plan on trying Chanel´s eye serum for dark circles whenever I run out of my eye cream (which will be in a week or two) and I´ll write a review on it once I (HOPEFULLY!) see results!

I think thats totally true about the liver. I am 34 years old and I now no longer have terrlble dark circles. From about the age of 20 thru 27 my under eye circles were so bad I looked like I had black eyes a lot of the time. During that time I was always on a diet and used to like to go out dancing and drinking with my friends(usually every thurs fri and sat nights). I completely think it was poor nutrition/lack of vitamins and too much partying. Although I never was a hard core drinker (just a few drinks enough to catch a little buzz well maybe sometimes a big buzz) I think the dieting + drinking + lack of sleep makes for some mean dark circles.

Originally Posted by sugersoul yeah i heard that having eye circles could be an indication of a slow liver, is that true?

some dark circles you can not totally get rid of because you were born with them. always wear a sun screen.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=502 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=124>
n_47.jpg

t_dem.gif
</TD><TD width=27>
plus.gif
</TD><TD width=124>
n_478.jpg

t_soin_j.gif
</TD><TD width=27>
plus.gif
</TD><TD width=124>
n_479.jpg

t_soin_n.gif
</TD><TD> </TD><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width=124>Gentle Foaming Cleanser

AND

Toning Lotion (combination/oily) </TD><TD width=27> </TD><TD align=middle width=124>Bright Plus Hydrating Brightening Lotion SPF 20

AND

Bright Plus Total Brightening Essence </TD><TD width=27> </TD><TD align=middle width=124>Bright Plus Repairing Brightening Night Cream </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Originally Posted by sugersoul i am so sick of my dark circles.

i know they are not hereditary because both my parents dont' have them. and i don't think i can add more hours of sleep cause it doesn't work!

any suggestions? i have tried benefit eyecon, did jack for me. and h2o eye cream, but it only allowed easier coverage for makeup.

any suggestions?
icon_sad.gif

mine are bad too. but their getting better, problem is i am not sure exactly what is making them bettter so here is a list of things i started doing lately.

drink tons of water

on face and eyes i use

obagi clear

camila oil

renova

epidermx microdermabrision (be careful around eye area be very gentel and keep moist)

dermabutter by epidermx

ronald and field eye cream

makeup

derma blend (this is kinda expensive but it does work, the coverage is heavy and even though they advertise it dose not enhance fine lines , i think it does)

vitamins and such

milk thistle

grape seed

dmae

alpha lopotic

all b vits

all antioxidants

above all avoid the sun like a vampire

ts

A friend of mine told me that drinking a lot of soda can cause you to have dark circles. I never thought of that but I do drink a lot to try to keep up with my kiddos. So I have been drinking more water and have noticed a BIG difference in mine.

Originally Posted by sugersoul i am so sick of my dark circles.

any suggestions?
icon_sad.gif

product2.jpg
http://hylexin.com/

I was trying to find something for myself and came across this product, havent tried it yet but it's suppose to be good......It might be worth a try, but it's pricey
icon_sad.gif

Yeah soda's badddd. I used to get CONSTANT stomach aches everyday and ever since I stopped drinking soda, all of my stomach aches dropped. I didn't even drink that much either. Same thing happened with my sis. Sorry my dark circles are hereditary so I don't know much about getting rid of them. My foundations are always yellow based ('cause of my undertones) so I find that it covers them really well. I just mix a bit of moisturizer with it so it isn't too harsh on that area.

I agree with Arielle about the Bobbi Brown Corrector + Concealer! I use a pink toned corrector to get rid of the purpleness... then a concealer overtop. The MUA at BB did it for me and I liked it. Get to a counter and have them match up colors for you, I found they were quite helpful.

I also tried the Mac peach corrector and it was good, just a little runnier than the BB concealer.

Hylexin is starting to get noticed by beauty editors. I've seen it reviewed in Glamour and another mag, can't remember which one. Anyway, both women said that they were skeptical, but it really worked. But is it worth the price...? Don't know...I guess if you've got the money, go for it.

Latest posts

Back