Exercise buddies?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm really trying to get back to doing regular exercise. I've been slacking off for a while. After getting in the car accident on Friday I was totally out of commission for a few days and I realized how much I actually like exercising when I'm well enough to do it. So now I'm feeling better and I need to start exercising regularly again. I have a Bowflex, a yoga mat, and dogs that like going on long walks around the neighborhood. Anyone want to be an exercise buddy? We can chat about exercise plans, how we feel after exercising, and other supportive things like that.

And I think I'm going to take the dogs out for a long walk now!

i'm in
smile.gif
i go to the gym though. or walk around a mall. hehe.

i'm in too ladies. the hardest thing to do is stay motivated even when you see progress. i'm also a gym rat, but i do workout at home too. when do we start?!

im in girls!!!!!i have been working out for a month now,i go everyday

this is a great idea!!!! its good to share this sort of motivation

Ok i went to the gym today,did 30 min on the treadmill on a incline and ,the machines for 30 mis

So far i had a fruit salad,and some turkey o nwhole weat bread.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i have a class tomorrow,sculpt and tone

Yay!! I love hearing about everyone's exercise!

Yesterday I was going to do some strength training and yoga, but it got too late without me realizing it so I never got a chance to work out. I did talk a nice hour long walk with the doggies.

Today I did yoga when I got home from work. I was going to do some strength training too, but during yoga I realized that I was soooooo tired and I took a nap instead
icon_redface.gif
I kept trying to tell myself that more exercise would make me feel so fabulous, but I was really just too tired.

I haven't decided what sort of exercise I'll do tomorrow. Walking probably

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl

I'm really trying to get back to doing regular exercise. I've been slacking off for a while. After getting in the car accident on Friday I was totally out of commission for a few days and I realized how much I actually like exercising when I'm well enough to do it. So now I'm feeling better and I need to start exercising regularly again. I have a Bowflex, a yoga mat, and dogs that like going on long walks around the neighborhood. Anyone want to be an exercise buddy? We can chat about exercise plans, how we feel after exercising, and other supportive things like that.

For the past few months, I have been running about 1.75-2.5 miles just about everyday. On an average of 5-6 days/week. I really hate running and that is why I don't run any further than that. But I really wanna get my cholesteral down. Good luck girls!

I'm in the gym every morning for 1-2hrs. I started off doing 30-45 min of cardio, but I had to cut back because I was getting a little too small. I mostly just do weights now-I try to do legs one day, then arms the next, but I usually end up doing full body workout everyday...I'm alittle obsessive about my gym time.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I'm really trying to get back to doing regular exercise. I've been slacking off for a while. After getting in the car accident on Friday I was totally out of commission for a few days and I realized how much I actually like exercising when I'm well enough to do it. So now I'm feeling better and I need to start exercising regularly again. I have a Bowflex, a yoga mat, and dogs that like going on long walks around the neighborhood. Anyone want to be an exercise buddy? We can chat about exercise plans, how we feel after exercising, and other supportive things like that.

I definitely need some help in the motivation dept. Count me in! I don't have any free time from the kids, but I've been trying to work out around them. More walks, some exercise dvds after they go to sleep, etc. I would like to lose 6 pounds to get back to where I was pre-kids. It is sooo hard. I went to a party at rollerskating rink with my son today, and rollerskated with him for over 2 hours. That's my exercise for the day!

Well, I attempted my rollerblades tonight! LOL
icon_eek.gif
I went to this 'park' near me and went around their paved trail which is about 1.5 miles long each time around... I did 2 laps - had my ipod on, but I was barely able to concentrate on music because I was trying not to kill myself on the hilly parts!
icon_redface.gif
Plus I had my low-cut socks on since I was out running errand beforehad in my sneaks' and I guess I should've worn higher ones, b/c my skates were killing me above the ankles...
icon_neutral.gif
The 2nd lap was a bit better... little more balance, lot less arm flapping to keep from falling LOL ;p;p I haven't been on those things in years, but it was fun... and I did work up a sweat & feel it in the legs. Hopefully doing this will firm me up!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I would so much rather do this everynight than go to the gym... I find the gym so boring. I like being outside and doing things - not reading closed captioned tv on a treadmill going nowhere.
icon_redface.gif
Now if I can only get the hang of the damn skates... we'll be in business!
wink.gif

Good Girl, Janelle !!! Keep it up!;p;p

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, I attempted my rollerblades tonight! LOL
icon_eek.gif
I went to this 'park' near me and went around their paved trail which is about 1.5 miles long each time around... I did 2 laps - had my ipod on, but I was barely able to concentrate on music because I was trying not to kill myself on the hilly parts!
icon_redface.gif
Plus I had my low-cut socks on since I was out running errand beforehad in my sneaks' and I guess I should've worn higher ones, b/c my skates were killing me above the ankles...
icon_neutral.gif
The 2nd lap was a bit better... little more balance, lot less arm flapping to keep from falling LOL ;p;p I haven't been on those things in years, but it was fun... and I did work up a sweat & feel it in the legs. Hopefully doing this will firm me up!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I would so much rather do this everynight than go to the gym... I find the gym so boring. I like being outside and doing things - not reading closed captioned tv on a treadmill going nowhere.
icon_redface.gif
wink.gif

I am in!!

i wanna surpise my bf after he comes back in august
biggrin.gif

so far i do cardio for 90min (i heard from Time Magazine that doctors use to reccomend 30min for a healthy lifestyle and instead of 60min of cardio to loose weight, now they reccomend 90min)

so far i am also obssessed w/ strength training my legs...

but sadly...

i am not a yoga fan -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> some one please convince me!!

i heard it's great for weight loss, but i am just not motivated. i am more of a Tae-boxing class sort of girl
wink.gif

Good job ladies and Tony!

I haven't done any exercise today. I was out helping a friend with some stuff, but I think I'll do some yoga after I read through MuT
icon_redface.gif

And Sugarsoul, yoga is fabulous when you find the right style. I like Iyengar yoga myself because it emphasizes good posture and proper alignment. There are about a million different styles of yoga. If you like a more intense work out you should try power yoga or Bikram yoga.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98

Well, I attempted my rollerblades tonight! LOL
icon_eek.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_neutral.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_redface.gif
wink.gif

Ohh this woulda been a sight!! lol just kidding Janelle
I did my routine 2 mile run today

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Ohh this woulda been a sight!! lol just kidding Janelle
I did my routine 2 mile run today

good job everybody!!!!!!!!!!!;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p ;p;p Lets keep it up!!!!!

so, on friday i walked a ton for hours when i went shopping. and yesterday i walked around a park a lot during a party. i took my neices on a lil hike up a hill. so i'm counting that. lol!

Originally Posted by Liz so, on friday i walked a ton for hours when i went shopping. and yesterday i walked around a park a lot during a party. i took my neices on a lil hike up a hill. so i'm counting that. lol! As long as it is more than you would do in your normal day to day life I think it counts! Did you end up shopping in SF?
icon_redface.gif
I didn't exercise all weekend. I was having tummy problems. I feel a little guilty. I did have a great yoga session today. I was going to work on my Bowflex while the b/f went grocery shopping, but he didn't go after all, so no Bowflex for me today.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl As long as it is more than you would do in your normal day to day life I think it counts! Did you end up shopping in SF?
icon_redface.gif
I didn't exercise all weekend. I was having tummy problems. I feel a little guilty. I did have a great yoga session today. I was going to work on my Bowflex while the b/f went grocery shopping, but he didn't go after all, so no Bowflex for me today.

I didn't exercise a bit yet today..I even went out for ice cream with my kids! Anyone near a Coldstone Creamery? Birthday Remix..my fav. Anyway, I did exercise last night on my little stepper thingy and my "Abswing." I actually put my abswing in my garage sale, and then thought I might be able to put it to use! I hope to exercise again tonight. I actually bought a scale today, and didn't like what I saw! My goal is to lose 10 pounds, baby! I have my 20 year High School Reunion (I can't believe it's been 20 years. scary!) next year, and would love to get back to my pre-kid size. How did Kelly Ripa get so damn skinny so fast?

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl As long as it is more than you would do in your normal day to day life I think it counts! Did you end up shopping in SF?
icon_redface.gif

Oh, I meant to ask you, suzukigrrl, how you like your Bowflex. My husband's thinking about purchasing one. Thanks!
redface.gif

i did an hour of hard cadio on the elyptical machine.

*note to self: don't wear non-black sweats when sweating so much. lol

Originally Posted by Nicolet Oh, I meant to ask you, suzukigrrl, how you like your Bowflex. My husband's thinking about purchasing one. Thanks!
redface.gif
Oh I love my Bowflex!! I wouldn't touch the weight machines at the gym because they were so intimidating, but Bowflex is so nice and user friendly. I bought the cheapest one, and I wish I would have just spent the money on one of the more expensive models. The cheapest model works just fine, but some days I wish I had a greater variety of exercises that I could do. It is so easy and convenient to use, but it DOES NOT have anything to give you a decent amount of cardio. The only thing is that you must have the motivation to work out at home. I know plenty of people that need to make themselves go to the gym in order to exercise, but I work out a lot more often on my Bowflex than I would if I had to go to the gym.

Latest posts

Back