Eyebrow color Vs. Hair color..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've read somewhere that you have to keep your eyebrows the same color as your natural hair color even if you dye your hair..What do you think?

But if you dye your hair and your eyebrows are natural, it will be very obvious you dye your hair! Think of all the dyed blondes you see with dark eyebrows, I think that looks silly .... if I dyed my hair a drastically different color than my natural hair color, I would dye my eyebrows to match!
wink.gif

I've actually heard that if you dye your hair, your eyebrows should be the same color or one shade lighter than your dyed hair for the best look...

Originally Posted by smallpuppy I've read somewhere that you have to keep your eyebrows the same color as your natural hair color even if you dye your hair..What do you think? I bleach my hair, and my eye brows are still dark. I have no idea how to dye my eye brows! I don't think I'm actually fooling anyone into thinking I'm a natural blonde, so I don't stress over my dark eye brows.

Originally Posted by girl_geek But if you dye your hair and your eyebrows are natural, it will be very obvious you dye your hair! Think of all the dyed blondes you see with dark eyebrows, I think that looks silly .... if I dyed my hair a drastically different color than my natural hair color, I would dye my eyebrows to match!
wink.gif

I've actually heard that if you dye your hair, your eyebrows should be the same color or one shade lighter than your dyed hair for the best look...

I agree I have natural black hair but I dye my hair medium brown and I dye my eyebrows the same color!

Yeah, I guess if you don't care if people know you dye your hair then it doesn't matter, it's just that I've personally never been a fan of the dark eyebrows with light hair look
wink.gif

your eyebrows should be slightly lighter than your hair colour
smile.gif
. Just take a look at some Rachel McAdams pics when she was in Mean Girls (blonde), and in The Notebook or others with the red/brown hair.

Originally Posted by Trisha general rule of thumb is
dark haired gals go one shade lighter on brows

blondes go a shade darker (obviously not very dark, but blonde eyebrows would be non existant so a taupe colour is most flattering).

xxx

So true!!
claps.gif
Thanks

I was wondering the same thing, do you have to match? I dye my hair and my eyebrows don't match at all. It's not like they stand out or anything but it looks ok. A while back, I got really obsessed with the eyebrow matching thing, and so I looked at people who had dyed hair and didn't match their eyebrows. I found out most of the celebs don't have matching eyebrows. It doesn't look too bad though. In some of her pictures, Brittney Spears does have matching eyebrows, but I found a few that didn't. I don't know it all looks okay and they all have eyebrows that don't match. I don't really tend to notice anymore, its not that obvious to me, unless I really look. I thought about dyeing my eyebrows, but it was too much of a hassle, so to me it doesn't really matter.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/att...tid=3572&stc=1

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/att...tid=3573&stc=1

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/att...tid=3574&stc=1

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/att...tid=3575&stc=1

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/att...tid=3576&stc=1

Originally Posted by girl_geek Yeah, I guess if you don't care if people know you dye your hair then it doesn't matter, it's just that I've personally never been a fan of the dark eyebrows with light hair look
wink.gif
LOL, and I've got dark roots the size of Texas too. This week two women at the office complimented me on my hair color. They thought the dark roots looked nice and that I had planned it that way. The dark roots personally bother me more than the dark eye brows, but I guess everyone has their own idea of good looks.
wink.gif

ditto!

Originally Posted by Trisha general rule of thumb is
dark haired gals go one shade lighter on brows

blondes go a shade darker (obviously not very dark, but blonde eyebrows would be non existant so a taupe colour is most flattering).

xxx

I've never really dyed my hair a drastic enough shade that my brows would look bad, but even when I dyed my hair a dark auburn, I kept my same brow shade that was dark brown. Now if I went blond, sure I'd dye my eyebrows, but otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about it...

I´m a pale freckled redhead with normally almost blond eyebrows so I dye my brows so that it doesn´t seem like I don´t have any at all. But when my hair is at it´s natural color I could go without coloring them in (but it looks better if i do). If I color my hair I HAVE do dye my brows or I look terrible no matter witch color I put on the hair it just doesn't look good, somehow the haircolor washes out the little color I have.

So I wear my brows darker then my hair (well not if I would dye my hair black of course) that just looks much more natural than if I keep my own brow color but I would never consider trying to "match" my hair color and try to dye my brows red or something.

//Jenny

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl LOL, and I've got dark roots the size of Texas too. This week two women at the office complimented me on my hair color. They thought the dark roots looked nice and that I had planned it that way. The dark roots personally bother me more than the dark eye brows, but I guess everyone has their own idea of good looks.
wink.gif
OMG! I know I get the same compliments from people when I haven't dyed my hair in 5 months..why would I plan to have dark roots? anyways people are weird sometimes..

I always dye my hair mostly darker, as I've been blonde a few time and it looked stupid as me eyebrows were too dark and I have no idea were I can get them lightened.

On some people darker eyebrows with blonde hair doesn't look too bad, but on me when ever I looked in the mirror my eyebrows were all I could see and hated it.

i agree with what trisha said, too.

i don't dye my hair, but my brows are black and my hair is brown. i think it looks dumb. i wanna dye my hair black
frown.gif

i've included a pic where my hair is right next to my brow.

lol. my eye brows are dark and myhair is a lighter. oh well. hehehe

people say to go to a salon to lighten your brows. you don't want to have some weird eye brow color going on. lol

hi

i wanted to know if anyone has used Natural Instincts by Clarirol. I wanted to use it, but im scared that it will take away my natural highlights. i love to change my hair, but im scared that when the color comes out ( it lasts for 1 month) that i wont have my natural highlights. does anyone know if it takes out your natural highlights?

mmk.

thanks

What if you dye your hair some weird color? In my punk days I dyed my hair all kinds of whacked out colors and would have never dyed my eyebrows to match my purple hair! LOL

But seriously folks...My hair is blond at the moment but is naturally deep auburn. My eyebrows have always been four shades darker than my natural hair color, so I make sure my brows are lightened up just a little. I cannot stand the dark eyebrow/pale hair look.

Well I think it depends on what hair color you have...hmm

When I had HOT red hair last summer... I did dye my hair RED..not hot red that would be scary but reddish.. now I have both my hair and brows a dark cherry color
smile.gif

My sister is a natural blonde & has brown eyebrows so I dont think its such a dead give away to have non matching brows. Ive seen people that have died their brows to match there hair color & it just looked fake to me.

I dont dye mine even though they are brown they arent that dark so I dont bother.

Latest posts

Back