Eyebrows- What are your favorite products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are the best products to keep your eyebrows looking great? And where do you get them waxed/shaped? I tried the Anastasia stencils but the smallest one was too big for my eyebrows because my face is so small.

I HATE my eyebrows!! I keep telling myself I'm going to spend the money to actually go to Anastasia to get my eyebrows done (or at least so somebody at her salon, since I understand it takes forever to get into her, IF you can get in to see her, being a nobody and all!) It's only 40 bucks, which is a lot for eyebrows, but a lot less than I thought they'd charge. On the other hand, they say your eyebrows can 'make or break' your face, so if that's the case, then 40 bucks is well worth it. Ever since my "eyebrow girl" moved away several years ago, I've gone from place to place. Maybe that's half my problem! The last person to do them was actually trained by Anastasia, and she did a really good job. And it wasn't 40 bucks! I think I should start going to her consistently, and maybe she can get these ugly brows back into shape over some time! She gave me an Anastasia stencil, but I actually haven't used it. I have stencils from the Senna brow kit that I keep using. (I LOVE the Senna brow kit! It's pricey, but also worth it!)

I would love to get my eyebrows done at Anastasia!! I just don't wanna drive to Beverly Hills or wherever her salon is at. I thought they would charge a lot more than $40 too. I would actually be ready to pay that once and then keep up the shape myself. I just need somebody to give a nice shape to my eyebrows that I can keep up.

Originally Posted by WearThePinkRibbon

I HATE my eyebrows!! I keep telling myself I'm going to spend the money to actually go to Anastasia to get my eyebrows done (or at least so somebody at her salon, since I understand it takes forever to get into her, IF you can get in to see her, being a nobody and all!) It's only 40 bucks, which is a lot for eyebrows, but a lot less than I thought they'd charge. On the other hand, they say your eyebrows can 'make or break' your face, so if that's the case, then 40 bucks is well worth it. Ever since my "eyebrow girl" moved away several years ago, I've gone from place to place. Maybe that's half my problem! The last person to do them was actually trained by Anastasia, and she did a really good job. And it wasn't 40 bucks! I think I should start going to her consistently, and maybe she can get these ugly brows back into shape over some time! She gave me an Anastasia stencil, but I actually haven't used it. I have stencils from the Senna brow kit that I keep using. (I LOVE the Senna brow kit! It's pricey, but also worth it!)

And click on Stores and Events, and there is a list of stores that have Anastasia "counters" with the waxers trained by Anastasia! If you live near San Diego, she has a salon in La Jolla... Oh, and I just check the website..looks like the prices went up! It's $55 the first time and $45 thereafter (with Anastasia herself...) her site is www.anatasia.net

Arch, most of the clear mascara products I've purchased say they can be used for both eyelashes and eyebrows... I tried to compare a tube of clear mascara to a tube of product sold as an eyebrow fixative, and they didn't really look any different. So I tend to think it's the same thing with a different name!

Bump.. What do you girls think are the best products out there for keeping eyebrows in good shape?

my current favorite is a pencil..MAC eyebrow pencil in Lingering

before that I used MAC Concrete or Kid to fill them in. I always thought powder looks more natural but on me the pencil looks way more natural.

and to keep them in place? I used to use clear mascara...but now I just dip my fingers into hair wax and use that for my brows. sounds weird but it works & saves money for an extra product

I get my brows done at a salon but I don't get them waxed only tweezed. They are out of whack from the person I use to go to (and her waxing), so one is higher than the other which is why I don't define them because to me it makes it look worse.

i use vaseline to fix them in the desired position if i just leave them natural. i have NYC's browser kit but im thinking of looking into stilas one because they seem to have colours that would be better for me.

I use everything from www.eyebrowz.com , they have a huge stencil collection ( the best I've tried) I use their brow powder and their brow gel to set everything , when I run out I use mustache wax lol it works fine but it gives a sheen to my eyebrows which I dont like. I really really rec. their products their powders are really good , the colors are really natural and it doesnt smudge or flake off. Right now I use their Jennifer lopez and their angelina jolie stencils . They also have a guide on their website how to change your brow shape through brushing a certain way , you can make them thinner or thicker without plucking
smile.gif

I used to use Smashbox Brow Tech in Brunette and/or NYV Browser in Brunette, but I really didn't like how dark they made my brows... I started using IMAN's e/s in Stardust Brown and I really like this one better...

I think I will use this shadow for the time being until I can find one this color without sparkle... I also really want to try LORAC's tinted Brow Wax...

And I am a plucker, I pluck my lashes VERY carefully, I actually contemplate the hairs I am going to pluck before I do it, so that I won't mistakenly pluck the wrong thing. I am so anal about my brows!

I had them shaped once and I totally regret it. The only thing I mess w/ is the inner corners. To define the color I use Isadora's Color and Shape Eye Brow Gel. It's very easy, very quick!!

I've become very good at tweezing my own brows and getting the desired shape. I think there is a tutorial here that shows how to use brow sets and gels to achieve a better brow, but I can't view it because I don't have enough posts.
icon_cry.gif

I am very obsessed with my brows!!! I wax them myself every 2 weeks and dye them black. I also use Benefit BrowZing to fill in the little areas that need help. I take a lot of pride in how my brows look, it's a requirement for my job too.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby I am very obsessed with my brows!!! I wax them myself every 2 weeks and dye them black. I also use Benefit BrowZing to fill in the little areas that need help. I take a lot of pride in how my brows look, it's a requirement for my job too. I too use Brow Zings and its the best product that I have found. I tweeze my eye brows a lot. I haven't had the courage to get them waxed since I am afraid that I won't like how it will look.

Im not that picky. Ill use a brown e/s and mix it on theback of my hand with some random chapstick...then the color stays on and holds in place, but they dont get hard and icky...

Latest posts

Back