Quantcast

Eyeko Skinny Liner

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
946
Reaction score
110
I think I am the only one who did not like the Eyeko Skinny Liner. My sister gave me hers from her BirchBox because it was olive and she wasn't interested in the color. I loved the color and was happy to receive it from her. I tried applying the liner and found it difficult to work with but after several tries I was able to line my upper and lower lids. However, by the end of the day most of the eyeliner had disappeared. I used it 3-4 more times and then noticed hardly any product coming out of the end of it. I tried cutting the tip off and was able to get more product but now it is so scratchy it hurts to apply it and I'm throwing it away. 

I'm curious what others liked about the product. I had trouble with it staying throughout the day, the application, and the short lifespan of the liner. I did love the color, though. 

 
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
375
Reaction score
9
Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I am the only one who did not like the Eyeko Skinny Liner. My sister gave me hers from her BirchBox because it was olive and she wasn't interested in the color. I loved the color and was happy to receive it from her. I tried applying the liner and found it difficult to work with but after several tries I was able to line my upper and lower lids. However, by the end of the day most of the eyeliner had disappeared. I used it 3-4 more times and then noticed hardly any product coming out of the end of it. I tried cutting the tip off and was able to get more product but now it is so scratchy it hurts to apply it and I'm throwing it away. 

I'm curious what others liked about the product. I had trouble with it staying throughout the day, the application, and the short lifespan of the liner. I did love the color, though. 
Mine stays throughout the day, but I too am having trouble getting the liner to come out of the tip. It's as if the felt tip is clogged. Now that you brought this to my attention, I may try running the tip under warm water?

 
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
375
Reaction score
9
Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif


Mine stays throughout the day, but I too am having trouble getting the liner to come out of the tip. It's as if the felt tip is clogged. Now that you brought this to my attention, I may try running the tip under warm water?
Also, there is a plastic insert in the lid that allows the pencil to 'click' into place, well my plastic insert has come loose, so every time I remove the cap, the plastic insert is stuck to the top of the liner. I have tried putting it back, but it comes back out every time. I may have to glue it because I'm sick of black finger tips haha.

 
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
417
Reaction score
10
I haven't had any trouble with the purple Eyeko eye liner that I got in a previous Birchbox. Maybe I haven't run into any of the mechanical issues that have been talked about in this thread because I don't use it often. I would use it more if it was a different color (black would have been perfect).

When I did use it though, it was very easy to apply (this was my first liquid eye liner!), didn't smudge, and stayed on until I wanted to take it off. I also didn't experience any flaking. It was very pigmented as well so I didn't have to go over an area repeatedly to get a nice solid line (this is what I have to do with the Be a Bombshell liquid eye liner that came in last month's Ipsy bag).

 

kawaiisquawks

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
1,106
I got the Olive one from my Birchbox and while it works great on my top lid, it refuses to go on my lower lids no matter how hard I try.

 
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
946
Reaction score
110
Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Olive one from my Birchbox and while it works great on my top lid, it refuses to go on my lower lids no matter how hard I try.
Yes, the liner stayed on the top lid but faded fast on my bottom lid.

 
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
997
I'm loving the Be a Bombshell liner from last month's ipsy way more, but I do like the Eyeko. It's definitely one of the better liquid liners I've used, and if I hadn't gotten the BaB liner, I definitely would've felt like the Eyeko spoils me.

Mostly the Eyeko has the advantage of having more colours, though I'm wondering how much of a difference that makes. The purple looks near black on me anyway, so it's like.... what is the point ): Does anyone have multiples of the Eyekos in different colours, and do you think it's worth it to own multiples?

I don't have any problems with the staying -- I don't use primer either, and I put it on at ~9:30 this morning. It's about 9pm right now and I'd say it's about 80-90% in tact still. I don't usually line my bottom eyelids since I'm terrified of panda eyes lol (no it's a legit problem /o sob)

 

kawaiisquawks

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
1,106
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm loving the Be a Bombshell liner from last month's ipsy way more, but I do like the Eyeko. It's definitely one of the better liquid liners I've used, and if I hadn't gotten the BaB liner, I definitely would've felt like the Eyeko spoils me.

Mostly the Eyeko has the advantage of having more colours, though I'm wondering how much of a difference that makes. The purple looks near black on me anyway, so it's like.... what is the point ): Does anyone have multiples of the Eyekos in different colours, and do you think it's worth it to own multiples?

I don't have any problems with the staying -- I don't use primer either, and I put it on at ~9:30 this morning. It's about 9pm right now and I'd say it's about 80-90% in tact still. I don't usually line my bottom eyelids since I'm terrified of panda eyes lol (no it's a legit problem /o sob)
The Olive one looks black on me. When I first got it, I honestly thought that it had been packaged wrong and that they had put a black insert into an Olive pen, so I'd say that unless you have super fair skin, all of the colours will look nearly the same.

I used to get panda eyes but now I sweep some brown eyeshadow right under my eyeliner (I use black retractable eyeliner pencils from brands like essence/jordana because they're cheap and actually black) and it keeps it in place all day without smudging. Without it, it'd be halfway down my face within 4 hours.

 
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
780
Reaction score
5
I can tell a noticeable difference between black and olive. I have pretty fair skin though. The olive is definitely a dark olive.

 
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
946
Reaction score
110
I forgot about my Bombshell liner - I love that one - stays put and I find it easy to use. Perhaps my Eyeko was already starting to dry up when I got it. I'm fair skinned and the olive Eyeko did not look black on me.

 

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
10,116
Reaction score
112
Location
California, USA
Love both. The bombshell liner stays on longer but it makes my eyes itch a little too. The Eyeko doesn't.

 
Joined
Nov 5, 2012
Messages
33
Reaction score
2
I prefer the bombshell one instead of the eyeko. I too have problem using it, and had to try several times before it finally glided on nicely. The bombshell liner's way easier to apply.

 
Joined
Apr 19, 2012
Messages
5,713
Reaction score
126
I have turquoise and navy(new and haven't swatched/tried yet), olive and purple. I can definitely see a difference in coloring when applied. I also haven't had any technical issues or performance problems. I can apply and wear the liners for 12+ hours without smudging or fading. These are my fave liners at the moment.

 
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
946
Reaction score
110
I was able to pull the tip out and turn it around like the Marbella liner I received from Ipsy a few months ago. I lined my eyes this morning but the color became very faint - mine is just out of product. I used it approximately 10 - 12 times. 

 
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
162
Reaction score
1
It used to smear on me near the end of the day but I started priming my eyes and the eye liner stays on until I wipe it off. My liner hasn't dried out yet but I shake it before I used it, not sure if that really does anything.

 

Latest posts

Top