Eyelash curlers (Heat or Regular)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you tend to use heated or normal ones?

I'm thinking of getting some but not sure which type to go for. I was out looking for a concealer the other day (let's not talk about my hideous hereditary under eye circles!) and a MA curled my lashes to take the attention away from the undereye area - and it worked! So now i have to invest in a pair, but before doing so i thought i'd ask here first.

Thanx!

I personally like Kevyn Aucoin's curler the best after trying several curlers. It seems to be the only one that doesn't pinch & creates a curl on the first crimp. I'm not sure where in the UK you are, but if you have access to his line, check it out.

200.jpg

Two others you might want to check out are MAC & Shiseido. I also find these to create an easy curl w/minimal to no pinching. Some might recommend Shu Uemura, but I didn't see the hype behind it.

HTH!
smile.gif

i've tried shu's and it went right back to sephora. i've heard raves about shiseido's and kevyn's was voted the best curler by allure.

i personally LOVE my max factor. it works SO well. no one i know has ever even known they had their own curler.

hm...I´ve never used an eyelash curler before.

is it just for people with kinda straight lashes? mine are naturally curled up, so would it make ANY difference for me???

I've used Shu and Shiseido. The curler is too small even for my asian eyes. To be fair, I dont' have the smallest asian eyes, but it doesn't curl all my lashes at once, so I had to buy a corner eyelash curler. I'm using Shiseido right now but will probably buy the Kevyn Aucoin next.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I bought a heated eyelash curler before, but I hated it! I could hardly get to my lashes because of the shape of the curler.

I use a Revlon curler, but the one with rounded pads, since apparently that is the key to a good curler.

You could, however, heat your regular curler with a blowdryer for a few seconds. Just be careful, not to overheat it, always test with your fingers and by slightly placing it on your cheeks.

I do this, and it works great!

does anyone know if i can buy pads separately? after a year or so, my curler's pads aren't working as well and need to be changed, but it didn't come with replacement ones.

TrishA, can you recommend a gel based mascara?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I like the Shu, though they arent the "wonder" product everyone claims they are!!
Bhav I bought some heated eyelash curlers from Superdrug (they are bright pink and by some random make called "Lashfantastic" and they were £3! So give them a try, I like them! And you can't really go wrong for £3!!

Also just an FYI, that gel based mascaras will hold a curl better as they dont weigh the lashes down!

T x

For which curler? I know that Shiseido sells replacement pads, 2 for about $3. Shu doesn't because you're supposed to throw it away after the replacement pad they provide.

Originally Posted by Jennifer does anyone know if i can buy pads separately? after a year or so, my curler's pads aren't working as well and need to be changed, but it didn't come with replacement ones.

Originally Posted by wongy74 For which curler? I know that Shiseido sells replacement pads, 2 for about $3. Shu doesn't because you're supposed to throw it away after the replacement pad they provide. max factor's the one i have. you're supposed to throw away a $16.50 tool after the pads? give me a break!
maybe i could buy shiseido's. i could see if they're the same size. thank you!

I think Shiseido's could fit the Shu; they're about the same size. But this is OT since you have Max Factor. For future reference though...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer max factor's the one i have. you're supposed to throw away a $16.50 tool after the pads? give me a break!

Originally Posted by wongy74 I think Shiseido's could fit the Shu; they're about the same size. But this is OT since you have Max Factor. For future reference though...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL i was like, did i say i had a shu? what's wrong with me? LOL thanks for that, though!

Originally Posted by Jennifer max factor's the one i have. you're supposed to throw away a $16.50 tool after the pads? give me a break!

I think I have a maybelline one... honestly I don't even know - it's a few years old... Maybelline has replacement pads (in drugstores) you should check to see if they're the same... probably are
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle hm...I´ve never used an eyelash curler before. is it just for people with kinda straight lashes? mine are naturally curled up, so would it make ANY difference for me???

It is actually good to use one. It helps to open up your eyes to make them look bigger.
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I think I have a maybelline one... honestly I don't even know - it's a few years old... Maybelline has replacement pads (in drugstores) you should check to see if they're the same... probably are
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i'll look! THANK YOU!

Thanx for the recs everyone! I think i'll look into the Superdrug heated curlers, and also look for a gel based mascara.

My lashes are pretty sad looking, so I curl my lashed with a regular ol' $2 drugstore curler because I figured they'd all work pretty much the same. But my lashes wilt not long after. I've even tried blasting it with the hair dryer to heat it up, but doesn't make a difference in the end.

I'm wondering if maybe the heated ones would work better for my type of lashes. There are two different heated versions I've found (see attachments). For those of you who have used either, how would you compare them to the traditional lash curler?

I've never used a heated eyelash curler so i cant comment, sorry!

But i did do a SEARCH for you and found the following threads

Heated Eyelash Curlers

Heated Lash Curlers

I'm gonna close this thread now because we're tying to cut back on duplicate threads! Feel free to ask questions on the threads that i have posted links to!

Latest posts

Back