Eyelash perming

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone had done this. If yes, how did your eyelashes look after it, and how long will they stay curl after the perming?
smile.gif

I have honestly never heard of this before....maybe some of the other girls on here have. Sorry, I'm not much help

I´m curious too.

I had no idea you could do that until I saw a salon that offered this a few weeks ago. But I read that they stay curled about the same time as the color are supposed to stay on after you have colored the lashes; about 6 weeks.

//Jenny

Originally Posted by tashbash I have honestly never heard of this before....maybe some of the other girls on here have. Sorry, I'm not much help Ditto!

It's pretty common in Japan I heard. I would never have the guts to do it though.. I don't wanna damage my lashes!

Hmm... I don't think I'd ever get my lashes permed, but I use a heated curler that does the trick!
smile.gif

Lash perming is fairly common in my area. Several salons offer the service. From what I understand it is similar to a hair perm, except milder chemicals are used. The lashes are curled around a tiny rod and and left to "set". The results will last for several weeks to months. Beware!!!! The way your lashes are set will be the way they look. I have seen some that don't look that great. Twisted and bent instead of curled upward.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby Lash perming is fairly common in my area. Several salons offer the service. From what I understand it is similar to a hair perm, except milder chemicals are used. The lashes are curled around a tiny rod and and left to "set". The results will last for several weeks to months. Beware!!!! The way your lashes are set will be the way they look. I have seen some that don't look that great. Twisted and bent instead of curled upward. Yes, i have read it that the lashes will look the way they are set. Someone told me that some of her lashes where curld and some not when she had permed it
tongue.gif
! Anyway thanks for the posts, bye!

Hi Lollipop, i have had my eye lashes permed. To be honest with you, i don't think it's something i could have done regularly.I found it rather uncomfortable having the rods removed.It can look very nice but it can also look like you have crimped your lashes and your stuck with for a few weeks.

I had my lashes tinted and permed and they did look good for a few weeks, but it is drying and you have to use the little (mascara type brush) to keep the lashes nice as when permed they can be fiddly.I wouldn't recommend if you have sensitive eyes or wear contacts.

Originally Posted by lollipop Anyone had done this. If yes, how did your eyelashes look after it, and how long will they stay curl after the perming?
smile.gif
I had once seriously considered going for it coz my sturbborn lashes won't hold a curl. I think u may only want to consider this if ur's a silmilar case as mine as eyelash perming might cause lashes to drop. Furthermore, when the curl starts to your straighten, it might look a bit strange as some lashes will straighten 1st while some will remain curled up still(its like hair perming). Also, if the therapist doing it is not experienced enough, your lashes might get burned! It would then take 'bout at least 6 mth to grow them back again. However, some that have done it are very pleased with the results because it does give straight lashes a nice curl that is sometimes not achievevable with eyelash curlers.

ive heard of this and although id really like to try it i think id be too scared incase something went wrong. Same with eyelash tints. Most salons offer this stuff so they must be somewhat popular but id rather just stick with eyelash curlers and mascara. x

I had mine done a few years ago, they looked great for a while then after a couple months they were falling out horribly!

I don't know if any one else had that problem. Initially thought it was great not to have to curl and they looked so good even w/o mascara!

Originally Posted by lollipop Anyone had done this. If yes, how did your eyelashes look after it, and how long will they stay curl after the perming?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aniger86 I had once seriously considered going for it coz my sturbborn lashes won't hold a curl. I think u may only want to consider this if ur's a silmilar case as mine as eyelash perming might cause lashes to drop. Furthermore, when the curl starts to your straighten, it might look a bit strange as some lashes will straighten 1st while some will remain curled up still(its like hair perming). Also, if the therapist doing it is not experienced enough, your lashes might get burned! It would then take 'bout at least 6 mth to grow them back again. However, some that have done it are very pleased with the results because it does give straight lashes a nice curl that is sometimes not achievevable with eyelash curlers. I have really straight lashes and would love to have this done, but it sounds too scary and risky to me. I'll bet the Japanese have it down pat and really know what they are doing though.

Originally Posted by butterflyblue I had mine done a few years ago, they looked great for a while then after a couple months they were falling out horribly!
I don't know if any one else had that problem. Initially thought it was great not to have to curl and they looked so good even w/o mascara!

Thank you for mentioning that after a couple of months that your eyelashes fell out from perming. Mine are very straight and I have one eye that I have a problem with the eyelashes falling out . I attribute that to my eyelash curler, but then again it is the same eye and the same spot so who knows? I do know that now I will never consider eyelash perming because of the possibility of them falling out. It would be nice not to have to curl them because the curl does loosen up in the summer when it is humid out.

my mother did this a month or two ago in chinatown, and when they finished, she had cute babydoll eyelashes. it was like $30 for a perm of 3 months, and ehh i dont think it's worth it.

I did eyelash perming before for a few months. I liked it, the only downfall was your hair comes out a little stiffer (I noticed) because I guess it gets so curly and might be from the chemicals also. They do come out nice tho. It stays for about 2 months.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby Beware!!!! The way your lashes are set will be the way they look. I have seen some that don't look that great. Twisted and bent instead of curled upward. What a nightmare!
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back