Eyeliner Help/Suggestion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like to line the inside of my upper eyelid but don't like it when it smudges to the inside of my lower lid. Does anyone have any recommendations of an eyeliner that I can line the inside of my upper lid with without it smudging to my lower lid. Thanks.

Hi Lola! Wanted to welcome you to MakeupTalk.com. Altho I don't have your answer, others will very soon.

Welcome once again

Originally Posted by lola

I like to line the inside of my upper eyelid but don't like it when it smudges to the inside of my lower lid. Does anyone have any recommendations of an eyeliner that I can line the inside of my upper lid with without it smudging to my lower lid. Thanks.

Thank you. I just stumbled across the site and am so happy I did!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hi Lola! Wanted to welcome you to MakeupTalk.com. Altho I don't have your answer, others will very soon.
Welcome once again

Welcome Lola, you will no doubt get more welcomes! Thanks for joining. I am Reija, another admin here. We love our new users!

Make sure you visit the product review center!

Aloha & Welcome to MuT Lola! Not sure if you want a gel, powder or pencil liner, but I'd try a combo of Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner dusted w/a soft powder liner or eyeshadow to set.

maybe a waterproof kohl liner? since the eye area is always wet, it will always smudge, but maybe this could minimize it? And maybe if the inner lid is dryed somewhat first..? hmmm... now I wanna know too...

I agree with what destiny said.. Maybe try a waterproof Kohl liner it might help the problem. I think PRESTIGE do waterproof liners but i'm not 100% sure.

Let us know how you get on Lola.. Oh & Welcome to MakeUpTalk
biggrin.gif

Wow, thanks for all the nice welcomes to the board! What a friendly place!!!! I know this will become a fairly regular hangout for me.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will try them. I do have the Stila smudgepot eyeliner but I didn't know that it was okay to apply that to the inner rim. I will definitely give it a try.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Originally Posted by lola I like to line the inside of my upper eyelid but don't like it when it smudges to the inside of my lower lid. Does anyone have any recommendations of an eyeliner that I can line the inside of my upper lid with without it smudging to my lower lid. Thanks.

You're welcome Lola! If you need help with anything PM me or one of the other mods
biggrin.gif

Hey TRisha, do you think BB Gel Eyeliner is ok for inner rims too?? Or is it just the smudgepots?

But isn't Stila liner are sticky...?? or it's just me
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha If you want something that doesnt budge on inner rims, I recommend stila Smudgepot it DOES NOT move at all! x

You're welcome! We love our new users!

Wow, thanks for all the nice welcomes to the board! What a friendly place!!!! I know this will become a fairly regular hangout for me.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will try them. I do have the Stila smudgepot eyeliner but I didn't know that it was okay to apply that to the inner rim. I will definitely give it a try.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Welcome to Makeuptalk, Lola! Congrats on becoming a new member!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm Janelle, from NY - nice to meet you!

Being I wear contacts, I usually only just put eyeliner on my lash line, as it usually either disappears or gets on my contacts if I put in on the insides. Trisha works for Stila, so she has a lot of first hand information on their products. I would try their smudgepots, if that is what she recommends. Sorry I couldn't help you out more... but I just use an eye base, and a regular gel-like pencil
icon_redface.gif

I know that MAC makes WP kohls, so I will try that one... just caus I like mac..

Hi Trish! I just wanted to let you know that the Stila smudgepots did work very well for me. I don't know why I didn't think to try that earlier. C'est la vie. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Originally Posted by Trisha If you want something that doesnt budge on inner rims, I recommend stila Smudgepot it DOES NOT move at all! x

I missed this thread yesterday somehow. But YES, Stila Smudgepots, my holy grail of gel liners!! Easy to control, sets nicely and doesn't move. Glad it's working for you Lola!

(and welcome! where are you from?)

Hi Joyeuux,

Where am I from? Now you asked a hard question! I live in Texas now, but up until then spent all my life overseas. So I'm a hybrid of sorts.

Anyway, I have to say this is one of the best message boards I've come across.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I missed this thread yesterday somehow. But YES, Stila Smudgepots, my holy grail of gel liners!! Easy to control, sets nicely and doesn't move. Glad it's working for you Lola!
(and welcome! where are you from?)

Destiny, which MAC liners are waterproof? Coz i have a few of their kohl liners (SMolder, Phone Number, Teddy, Tarnish & Prunella) and they're all far from waterproof. They seem to disappear after 10 minutes of applying them on my lower inner rims! So let me know which ones you're talking about coz i'd love to try them out!

Thanks Trisha, i'll try the BB e/l on my inner rims tomorrow & i'll try and take a pic to show everybody how it turns out
biggrin.gif

@Laura

well, all I remember at this point is one of the SA telling me the difference between 2 liners they were selling. She said ones were WP, others not. I ended up takin the non-WP caus the colors were just much better. (phonenumber rules!) But my mom got one of the Wp ones, in some bright green color, and I remember her complaining that she can't smudge it, and she really needed a MUremover to remove it. So I have to check with her which one she has. I just went to MAC's site, and appearantly the powerpoint eye pencils are WP. But next weekend I will be going to my parents house and I will try the one my mom has, and I will let you know what's really going on. The MAC store is there too and I will check with them again (try the powerpoint). I really want to know. I hate it when Phone numer dissapers after like 5 min!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI there Lola! Nice to have ya! I have really oily skin number one, so it's hard for me to keep anything on at all. Usually if I want to shade in the upper rim of my eye, I use my mascara brush and smudge some of that stuff on there, it's always worked for me, but everyone is diff! Now I want to try those derned Smudgepots, I already added it to my wishlist on MUA. hahah!

Latest posts

Back