Eyeliner Question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies.
smile.gif

I've found that no matter what kind of pencil I use (I've tried Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Maybelline, and Physician's Formula) my liner always wears off in the inner corners of my eye. I've even gone as far as buying a liquid eyeliner which I use just apply in the inner corner and blend it into the pencil, but the same thing happens. I apply it up on the lid far enough so I don't think it's something I do. Is it the products I'm using or ??? I'd love to use liquid liner, but I haven't found one that works for me (I couldn't draw a straight line close to my lash line if my life depended on it.)

Hiya Leadfood, first of all WELCOME TO MAKEUPTALK! I'm Laura from Ireland. If you need any help with anything on here just shout and either myself or one of the other mods will come to your rescue!

About the eyeliner problem.. I dont think its the products you're using that's the problem. I think you are one of billions of girls around the world that has this problem. My MAC Fluidlines stay on for abour 4 hours on my lower inner rims but its gone in a matter of minutes from my very inner corners because that's where everyones tear duct is. If you ever do find a product that sits there & doesnt budge please leave me know coz i'd love to know!

Originally Posted by Laura About the eyeliner problem.. I dont think its the products you're using that's the problem. I think you are one of billions of girls around the world that has this problem. My MAC Fluidlines stay on for abour 4 hours on my lower inner rims but its gone in a matter of minutes from my very inner corners because that's where everyones tear duct is. If you ever do find a product that sits there & doesnt budge please leave me know coz i'd love to know! Well, it's good to hear that I'm not the only one!

Originally Posted by KMEFH My suggestion - MAC fluidlines

&

Bring a pencil with you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've heard very good things about Fluidlines, both here and in magazines. I don't think I'm good enough with makeup to put liner on via a brush, though.
icon_sad.gif

Oh dont think that, it really is easy Leadfoot. Might need a little practice at the start but if you've used liquid liner before then the gel are just as easy to apply with a brush
biggrin.gif

using a brush isn't so bad. i'm not good at pencils at all! lol. so i prefer using a brush.

you're not actually drawing a line, at least i don't. i just dab the color into the lash line.

welcome to MUT!

i've always had that problem, but this is how i solved it: i stopped right before where it gets all messed up. i haven't had the problem since. makes sense, right?
biggrin.gif

I also have to go with either the Fluidlines... or Powerpoint pencils. But usually on the inner corners I go a little toward outside where there is more skin for it to grab onto. The Kiss Me liner is supposed to be really good ... another vendor at the trade show I was at - so I saw a demo... this stuff did not move no matter what the girl did to it!!! I was shocked! More durable than fluidline, if you can believe that one! (It's a liquid liner though) and they also make this mascara that will not flake, rub off, or budge - even if you rub your eyes or cry. No raccoon eyes either... the mascara makes little 'tubes' around your lashes that wash off... so it's not like regular mascara where you 'paint' it on... very interesting... but the eyeliner looks awesome! I got some for my mom (K*O* on here) and I guess she likes it! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Welcome to MUT. I agree with everyone that has recommeded the Fluidlines. I suck with an pencil eye liner but the Fluidline works great.

Let me add my welcome. Clinique's new cremeliners stay on a looong time for me. I'm not sure if they would last through your tear duct problem; I think you're kind of working against nature trying to protect your eyes there.

Originally Posted by Leadfoot I've heard very good things about Fluidlines, both here and in magazines. I don't think I'm good enough with makeup to put liner on via a brush, though.
icon_sad.gif
I thought that too, given how inept I am with pencils. But the fluidlines are actually easier for me to apply accurately with the brush and they are more forgiving if it isn't perfect as opposed to a hard pencil line. They are definitely worth a try---they last all day! However I've never tried them on the lower eyeline.

Originally Posted by CWHF However I've never tried them on the lower eyeline. They are really good - they last pretty much all day... lightens up a little towards the end of the day color wise - sometimes looks like a dark gray instead of the BOLD black I put on in the am... but still stays on.
icon_wink.gif

Great topic! I have the same problem, but I always blamed myself, b/c i have an obsessive habit of trying to remove eye "boogers" from the inner corner of my eyes!!! (GROSS, I know, but bear with me here)

I've actually decided the only thing I can do is carry Q-Tips and eyeliner with me, so I can wipe any offending goopiness with the Q-Tip then reaply my eyeliner if needed. A pain in the butt, but I can't have people seeing gross crud in the corner of my eye now can I?
rolleyes.gif

BTW I have ben experimenting with liquid eyeliner, I've been wearing makeup (and lots of it) for years but was always leery of liquid e/l. I do find it stays on better and stays intense. But I haven't get the true hang of it yet so if i'm in a hurry I tend to just reach for the pencil...

What about that Benefit product, Shelaq? It's supposed to make any type of makeup budgeproof. Anyone use this? I wonder if there are any reviews? Going to check...
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Great topic! I have the same problem, but I always blamed myself, b/c i have an obsessive habit of trying to remove eye "boogers" from the inner corner of my eyes!!! (GROSS, I know, but bear with me here) me, too!!! i'm like, WHERE ARE THESE COMING FROM LOL!

Originally Posted by glamslam What about that Benefit product, Shelaq? It's supposed to make any type of makeup budgeproof. Anyone use this? I wonder if there are any reviews? Going to check...
icon_biggrin.gif
Jessica if you cant find reviews i'm sure Scarlette will be able to help you because she's an MA for BeneFit!

i got powerpoints because they're supposed to be waterproof. so i got them to use for my lower rims

Originally Posted by glamslam What about that Benefit product, Shelaq? It's supposed to make any type of makeup budgeproof. Anyone use this? I wonder if there are any reviews? Going to check...
icon_biggrin.gif
Welcome to MuT, Leadfoot!
I use She-laq quite often and it is an excellent product. It does exactly what it says it will do... stuff stays put EXCEPT for the inner corners. I've used it there (but have to be careful cuz it got onto my eye once.... a bit unpleasant) and it helps the e/l last a bit longer, but still I do not get a full day's coverage. By the end of the day the e/l is pretty much gone. Again, it WILL last longer when using She-Laq, but its not totally budge proof. At least, that is my experience with it. After reading the responses to this thread, I think I am going to try the e/l by Blinc. If its as good as the mascara, I'm sure it will be excellent for helping the e/l remain on the inner rim. HTH!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back