Eyeshadow primer/base

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the Mary Kay triple action eye cream for this purpose. It dries to a fine powder. I live in a very hot, humid climate & this stuff holds everything in place all day! Highly recommended.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I also use Art Deco eyesadow base. Is really good but ppl say that Lumene is even better.

Originally Posted by ALLY2383 Has Anyone Tried Laura Geller Primer Products I Think It's Called Spackle? I Have Never Tried Anything From Her Before But I Was Up Watching Her On Qvc In The Middle Of The Night And It Looked Good. She Comes On Again At 9 Cent Time. I am using Laura Geller eye primer and lip primer. It is a fantastic product and the eye primer works. I have tried many but this one is the best of all of them.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe I tried MAC paints in untitled and my makeup literally looks the same at bedtime as it is first thing in the morning. Goodness,do you wear a make in bed?

Originally Posted by eightthirty Any recommendations? I half-heartledly tried the Isadora makeup (after removing a full face) and I can already tell I'll need something to set it. If my regular routine doesn't hold it....I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?I see some reviews, but none that struck my fancy.

Melissa

To be honest with you I personaly didn't like at all Urban Decay potion,I applyed on eye lids but after 3 hours there was line on horizont.But I#ve used Marbert Eye Base and this one works like cement
icon_cheesygrin.gif
no honestly,it creamy texture but then it dryes and shadows stay on forover 10 hours for sure(I ones went a seep with shadows on to see wath it will look like in the morning,to my surprise shadows looked as if I just applyed them on)

I have been using UD primer potion for almost 3 months and I love it. I only use very little so it won't look chalky. I even swam after I put on e/s everyday! Some washed off by the sea but there was still enough left to show my pretty eye mu
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by spazbaby My favorite is Urban Decay Primer Potion. I've also tried Benefit F.Y. Eye and Clinique Touch Base. The Clinique Touch Base is my second favorite, and I recommend the shade called Petal Shimmer because some of the other shades are oily but this one isn't.
F.Y. Eye creased really bad on me, no matter how little or how much I used. Never found a happy medium. Plus it is a strange melon color that may not blend well if you are on the fair side like me.

I asked a Sephora sale boy today about UD Primer Potion today and he said it creased badly. He suggested FY Eye and swore it didn't crease. Since I could see even in the store that the UDPP was settling into the creases on the inside of my wrist where I tested it, I went with the FY Eye.

Please let us know how this works for you...

Originally Posted by Ayacalypso I asked a Sephora sale boy today about UD Primer Potion today and he said it creased badly. He suggested FY Eye and swore it didn't crease. Since I could see even in the store that the UDPP was settling into the creases on the inside of my wrist where I tested it, I went with the FY Eye.

Originally Posted by ALLY2383 Has Anyone Tried Laura Geller Primer Products I Think It's Called Spackle? I Have Never Tried Anything From Her Before But I Was Up Watching Her On Qvc In The Middle Of The Night And It Looked Good. She Comes On Again At 9 Cent Time. I haven't tried her Spackle, though I want to, and I'm sure I will some day. I do have her Eye and Lip Spackle. I use the Eye Spackle every day. It works alright. I work in a hot laborious job and it will keep my eye shadow (BE Clear Radiance just to lighten up my dark eyelids) on. It does crease a bit after awhile though. It's not dry and chalky. It's actually somewhat moist, a little thick. I like it better than my Tony and Tina Herbal Eye Shadow Base.

urban decay primer potion will help your e/s last all day and night if you need it to.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Ayacalypso I asked a Sephora sale boy today about UD Primer Potion today and he said it creased badly. He suggested FY Eye and swore it didn't crease. Since I could see even in the store that the UDPP was settling into the creases on the inside of my wrist where I tested it, I went with the FY Eye. I have tried FY Eye and it worked but then they changed the formula. Maybe its back to the original formula. I love UDPP!

UD PP does work wonders! it lasted all day when i was walking around SF and yesterday when I went to the gym and sweated for 2 hours. lol

you only need very little. if you use too much, then it will crease

I've been using Lancome Aquatique for my oily eyelids. Garden Botanika and Paula Dorf's eye bases did nothing for me. Now after reading all of the raves for UD, I will have to try it because Aquatique, while making a huge difference from the other brands or using nothing at all, does not get me through the day.

I've used several things for a base...

- L'oreal Quickstick

- Almay Bright Eyes Cream e/s

- MAC Paints

I like them in that order.
smile.gif
I know MAC Paints are popular (and I adore MAC!!), but I find them a bit dry...

Is UD primer potion coloured?Cause I would like something with a bit of color,as I have some small capillaries visible on my lid,but I also want it to make the e/s stay put.WOuld MAC paint work better?

icon_eek.gif
$40 is too much for UD primer. It is only $14 at Sephora!!

Originally Posted by Charmaine It's not really colored, if you have dark eyelids, that's not going to cover it up. MAC Paints will work better. Bare Canvas is a great one, I hear. It just depends on your skintone. UD PP costs a lot less that 40 USD when you buy it from Sephora. Those people are trying to rip you off...can you buy it from anywhere else other than eBay?

NO,I can only get in on ebay. On UD site it says it is sold out,so that's prolly why the prices on ebay are crazy.

My skintone is NC 15.

Latest posts

Back