Quantcast

Face Illuminators

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Who knows a good skin luminizer. I am not impressed with Revlon's skin lights. What are some better ones?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hlmjmerk Who knows a good skin luminizer. I am not impressed with Revlon's skin lights. What are some better ones? Are you looking for powder, lotion, foundation, etc? I know of a bunch of different ones...

Reaction score
I am more interested in a nice lotion product. One that is not cheap but not the most expensive either

Reaction score
I know that you don't care for Revlon's Skinlights, but the line does have a Liquid Illuminator (Instant Skin Brightener) that is a definitely more subtle than the loose powder. They also have a Diffusing Tint Foundation that is very subtle, and smooths our features, along with adding a "glow." Both of these also have SPF 15 or 30 in in them. I've also found that the loose powder is good when you mix a little bit with your moisturizer - it creates its own illuminating lotion. A lot of people give rave reviews elsewhere about doing that! (Whatever you do, don't throw the powder away - you can always swap it!)

Also:

Urban Decay - Special Sauce

BeneFit - High Beam

BeneFit - Moon Beam

The Body Shop - Glow Enhancer (Edited to add)

I posted the following in another thread, in the Skincare topic, but it seems to fit this thread as well: https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=1205

The bolded ones are the lotions/liquids. The items at the beginning are scrubs and cleansers in that one brand.

Aveeno's Skin Brightening and Positively Radiant Line:

Aveeno Cleansers and Scrubs:

Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

Positively Radiantâ„¢ Cleanser

Positively Radiantâ„¢ Cleansing Bar

Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar

Clear Complexion Cleansing Mask

Aveeno Moisturizers: (These are lotions or liquids)

Skin Brightening Daily Moisturizer

Positively Radiantâ„¢ Daily Moisturizer

Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

Positively Smoothâ„¢ Facial Moisturizer

Nivea: (Also a lotion)

NIVEA Visage Simply Glowing Moisturizer

Neutrogena: (Includes a lotion)

Neutrogena Healthy Skin<SUP>®</SUP> Radiance System

Avon: (same here)

Luminosity Ultra

I've got a coupon for the Nivea Visage one, and plan on trying it asap. I can't wait to try the others, as well!

Hope that helps some!

Edited to add:

Powder-wise, there's also MAC's Pigment in Fairylite, which adds a nice glow, as well as one that I have and want to find a new home for, Elizabeth Arden Luminous Compact. It's a subtle glow, not really shimmery. Very pretty - I just don't use it. I know there are more...can't think right now.

Reaction score
Bare Minerals has some excellent loose luminous powders to use bare or add to lotion, foundation, etc.

Reaction score
Wow thanks so much!! That helps a ton. I am going to try to add mine to my moisturizer and I will let you know what happens. I will give some of the other's a try too.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hlmjmerk Wow thanks so much!! That helps a ton. I am going to try to add mine to my moisturizer and I will let you know what happens. I will give some of the other's a try too. You're so welcome! A little goes a looong way.

I've found these products in my never-ending search for good illuminators. I'll let you know if I find anything else in my travels!

I look forward to hearing the results of your powder/lotion mixture, whether good or bad.

Latest posts