Face Moisturizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the best face moisturizer for Combination skin? I have been using DDML (Clinique - I use to work for them, so I had tons of the stuff) but now I noticed that my skin is rejecting it. LOL I would like to try a new one but don't know where to turn.

HELP!

icon_confused.gif

At the mo, im using a sample of Chanel's Hydra Serum & im loving it.. My face is soft after using it.. You should ask for a sample at your counter to try it, im sure they'd give you something!

Daytime: I really like Olay Complete for sensitive skin. It has an spf 15 and is fragrance free. It's light enough for combo skins, which is a plus! There is also a version for combo skin, but it's loaded w/ fragrance and that was too much for me.

I can't recommend any night time products, even though I'm combo too. I use Awake Skin Renovation and I love it, but I don't make any assumptions people other than me will spend $100 for 1oz of night cream!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by laura127 At the mo, im using a sample of Chanel's Hydra Serum & im loving it.. My face is soft after using it.. You should ask for a sample at your counter to try it, im sure they'd give you something! Thank you. I will do that tomorrow.
icon_smile.gif

Both Oil of Olay and Neutrogena have excellent products for your skin type. It's nice that they aren't so expensive either! tc

Originally Posted by Californian Both Oil of Olay and Neutrogena have excellent products for your skin type. It's nice that they aren't so expensive either! tc Ummm.. yeah, budget is very important to me right now, even though I don't mind spending money on a good product, I prefer to save my pennies.

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki Ummm.. yeah, budget is very important to me right now, even though I don't mind spending money on a good product, I prefer to save my pennies. I hear ya. There are lots of products that are just as good as the high end ones. Neutrogena and Oil of Olay make some of them for skin!

2nd to Neutrogena and I'm also liking ROC Retinol night moisturizer for night time and I know they have one for day time too with SPF15 but I haven't tried it yet.

I really like the Oil of Olay for daytime too! I really like the SPF 15 one, but not sure about the SPF 30 one yet. Doesn't seem to absorb as well into my skin. For nighttime, I had a sample of Origins nightamins that I really liked. They make a cream and a lotion formula, depending on how dry your skin is. It left my skin really soft, but is on the expensive side, so I haven't bought a full-size container yet! Origins is usually pretty nice about giving out samples, so you should be able to try it out for a day or two.

I'm using neutrogena righ now too (combo skin), and it seems to absorb well and I'm happy with it.

I've been thinking about investing on a better skincare line, but trying to save my pennies also for now.

My skin is oily but I just wanted to offer my two cents anyway.

At night, I use Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel. It is cheap and works as a great moisturizer. It really clears up the skin and gives you an extra glow.

In the morning, I would cleanse my face as usual and use Lancome Pure Focus Moisturizer. It moisturizes while giving your face a matted look. I love it and have been using that brand ever since I bought it a year and a half ago.

I have combo skin and I use DDF Photo matte sunscreen spf 30. It totally mattifies my face for the whole day and leaves it so smooth, and it's packed with antioxidants too. It's definately the best moisturizer, IMO. For drugstore brand, Biore makes an oil-free mattifying moisturizer that also works really well, but it has no SPF in it. That's why I stopped buying it =/.

Anything with shea butter works for me but some are allergic. I was having eczema flareups and this Loreal moisturizer with shea butter cleared it up. I believe it's been discontinued.

I use Olay complete spf 15 for daytime and Olay Total effects for night and I have used DDM by clinique and hated it,although I have normal/combination skin it made my face so greasy yuck
smile.gif

If your looking for just a simple, budget moisturiser try Nivea's Oil free lotion- it creates a gorgeous smooth base for make up, or alone without causing an oil slick

If you want a sunscreen moisturiser, I use Sunsense Daily Face SPF 60 which is sutiable for oily, combo and acne skins and eliminates the need for make up as its a tinted, make formula although both moisturiser or make up can be worn

Latest posts

Back