Facial Eczema !

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think mine has returned in the form of little dry scaly patches on my cheeks. My cheeks are itchy too. I haven't used any new cosmetics on my face. The only thing I've been using is the ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Creme (with retinol) on my face at night. Maybe that could be it?

Anyway, I made an appointment with a dermotologist for next week. Maybe he can recommend a safe moisturizer for me to use at night. I used to go to this other dermotologist who gave me this creme that worked but then I read some bad stuff about it in the news. I forgot the name now since it was so long ago.

Does anyone here have eczema and if so, what moisturizer do you use on your face at night?

The word "steroid" makes me cringe.

What are the dangers of using a steroid cream? In the meantime, I am going to stop using the wrinkle creme and see what happens.

When my eczema was really bad, my derm gave me this one steroid cream. But I can't remember the name of it...it was in a small blue and white tube and it worked ok. But I also used Cetaphil cream(not the lotion) as a moisturizer and that was the only thing I could put on my face without making things worse. I used to get it really bad on my cheeks and around my eyes and on my neck. I had it on my arms too, but I haven't had any problems with my skin since I've been doing some internal cleansing.

OMG - Protopic ! That was the cream that I used the last time. I only used it 2 or 3 times - in fact I had a full tube. I threw it away because it expired. Now I know I won't be using that again.
icon_eek.gif

i have eczema but since i tan it doesn't make an appearance much. have you tried hydrocortezone creme? that's what i used when i wasn't tanning, and it worked.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i have eczema but since i tan it doesn't make an appearance much. have you tried hydrocortezone creme? that's what i used when i wasn't tanning, and it worked. Wow, really? When I used to tan my eczema got way worse.

Originally Posted by envymi Wow, really? When I used to tan my eczema got way worse. not mine. it helps it so much i know some derms perscribe UV therapy for excema.my excema goes away when i tan. ifi stop for a month or so it will come back (if i don't use my hydrocortezone creme right away)

Originally Posted by Amethyst I think mine has returned in the form of little dry scaly patches on my cheeks. My cheeks are itchy too. I haven't used any new cosmetics on my face. The only thing I've been using is the ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Creme (with retinol) on my face at night. Maybe that could be it?
Anyway, I made an appointment with a dermotologist for next week. Maybe he can recommend a safe moisturizer for me to use at night. I used to go to this other dermotologist who gave me this creme that worked but then I read some bad stuff about it in the news. I forgot the name now since it was so long ago.

Does anyone here have eczema and if so, what moisturizer do you use on your face at night?

The derm will definitly have a cream for you to use ,my mom actually had it although i cant remember the name.Hope it works out for you.

Come to think of it - my eczema usually only acts up in the winter. I don't know why its acting up now in the Spring - but like I said - could be that new moisturizer with retinol that I'm using (or was using).

Hey - maybe I can tan and write it off on my health insurance?
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst Come to think of it - my eczema usually only acts up in the winter. I don't know why its acting up now in the Spring - but like I said - could be that new moisturizer with retinol that I'm using (or was using).
Hey - maybe I can tan and write it off on my health insurance?
icon_lol.gif

LMAO now that's a thought.try using abit of hydrocortezone you can use the cheaper walgreens kind (that's what i buy if i need to buy it i've had one tube for a few years since i don'tneed to use it much)

it was probably brought on by the retinol, how long ago did u stop using it? maybe give it a little bit and see if it clears up on it's own

Last night was the first night I stopped using the moisturizer. My derm appt is next week. So we'll see what happens. I hate this - my face looks like I had a tan and I'm peeling except that I ain't tan.
icon_redface.gif

Have you tried African Shea butter? Try the unrefined. My goddaugher has ezcema. She's been on several creams. Shae butter mixed with almond oil stopped it and her skin is a thousand times better it looks so smooth. I've purchased it and its great not only can use use it on skin but on your hair.

As for a moisturizer, use shea butter or Mary Kay Extra emollient night cream. It's thick and is wonderful on your skin.

Originally Posted by bluebee

Have you tried African Shea butter? Try the unrefined. My goddaugher has ezcema. She's been on several creams. Shae butter mixed with almond oil stopped it and her skin is a thousand times better it looks so smooth. I've purchased it and its great not only can use use it on skin but on your hair.

Welcoming you to MakeupTalk!

So I went to see the dermotologist this morning and he thinks the retinol cream I was using caused the dryness and flaking / eczema. He gave me a 3-step regimen to use consisting of a moisturizer, wash and he also prescribed ACLOVATE.

Now I'm at work googling this cream to find out if its ok to use because we mentioned before - the other two eczema creams are not safe - Protopic and Elidel.

Has anyone used or heard of ACLOVATE? So far I'm not finding anything bad on it - but then who knows 3 years from now.

Thanks - I'm going to check it out. I always thought coconut oil was fattening or contributed to high cholesterol but I must be thinking of palm oil or something similar to that.
icon_question.gif

Maybe the coconut oil scent will remind me of my caribbean vacations.
icon_cool.gif

Latest posts

Back