Fading blusher??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always find that a couple of hours after putting on blusher, it starts fading until it looks like i haven't got any on at all.

It's not really practical for me to keep re-applying, so what would you suggest using under it to keep it in place??

Thanx!

I'm in the exact same situation girlie.. I've tried everything.. Cream, then powder blush on top. Powder blush, then loose powder, then powder blush again but they always fade. I'd welcome any tips too girls
biggrin.gif

It's really annoying coz when it fades, i look really ill as there's no colour!

Have you ever tried stains like Benetint, or ther NARS colour washes? They stay put all day on me, although they don't apply to well beacsue I have dry skin. Apparently they're much better for oily.

Originally Posted by Trisha I have oily skin and this doesnt happen with my NARS/MAC blushes.
Do you use a primer under your fndt Bhav and Lau??

Also this is the order I do my MU

Fndt > Loose Powder > Blush Colour

I find they dont fade and I only need that initial app in the AM, no touch ups required.

Good suggestion dude!

Originally Posted by Lealabell Have you ever tried stains like Benetint, or ther NARS colour washes? They stay put all day on me, although they don't apply to well beacsue I have dry skin. Apparently they're much better for oily. Nope havent tried stains but i'll keep the ones you mentioned in mind! Thanks Lea
biggrin.gif

Hey Trish,

Yup i use LM Primer on my face first, then foundation, loose powder then blush.. Although sometime i put bluse on before loose powder, then more blush again. They're just not lasting. (MAC, NARS, EL etc..)

Thanx for the suggestion Lea. Will look into them.

Trisha - i have the Smashbox Primer but i don't use it! I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens. Cheers for the tip!!

I use Ultima II's "Under it All" MU Primer... works nice... sometimes I'll even dab a bit of my Hush CCB on cheeks first...
icon_wink.gif

Thanks for those tips Lyssa! Think i'll have to try out BeneFit Benetint.. It sounds like it would work for me. The pics of it look scary though!

I tried the Smashbox primer under my foundation this morning and i think it's made a difference. My blusher is still noticeable! Thanx for the tip Trisha!

Dam, what the hell is wrong with me so!!! I'm not super oily on the cheeks at all plus i use a primer, blotting sheets & MAC Blot Powder & its stilll gone after 4 or 5 hours... Or maybe its just my imagination

do cream blushes not work either? maybe if you put cream blush on first, then your foundation, it might work...?

There was a tip in this months Glamour in the UK about using cream blush, then putting a powder blush on over the top in a similar colour to ensure staying power, maybe you could try that. I have to big up benetint though, I've had mine about 4 years now and it's still going storng. I don't use it everday and it does take a while to get used to the application, but once you have it stays put all day. The NARS colour washes do the same, but they come in 3 different colours Pussycat (v. similar to benetint), modesty(purpley in the bottle, but comes out a nice berry shade on your face) and Blow-up (which is a bit more neutral).

Latest posts

Back