False Eyelashes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey I'm Kirsten and while I've been observing for a while I've never actually posted.... so this is a first. Anyway, I'm getting kinda fed up with my short little eyelashes so I was wondering if anyone here uses false eyelashes? I have no idea how to use them, what kind to choose or anything, but I'm curious. If I were to use them it would be for a night time semi-dramatic look. Any suggestions?

Hi and Welcome to MUT, Kirsten! I am Jen from Texas. You have found a very fun and friendly place.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm sorry but I've never used false eyelashes. I know someone will pop in here and give you their take on them.

I used to use the regular false lashes, but if you're not used to putting them on they're a pain. I now have someone do eyelash extensions on me. They last about a month on me, but they can last anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months on most people. I'm not sure if they do this everywhere, but alot of salons here in CA are starting to get their people trained to do extensions.

Hello and welcome,

I don't use flash lashes that often to be honest and wouldn't know who does the best ones. What I used to find worked well was cutting a full length set in half and just using them on the outer corners. I'm sure someone will have better advice than this though.

Not very sure about going in for extensions though, sounds a bit scary.

I use them a lot, i prefer to use the individuals though. There are different kinds of individuals, the easiest for u are probably the med length flare variaty. Ardell makes a good lash and glue, i like the black glue in the tube. Depending on how u wash your face, they can come off easily at night or wear for a couple of days. The best way to apply them is at the base of your lash and not actually on the skin of your lid, and the best look is to ad a few sets of flares on the outer corners of your upper lashes, resulting in a cool cat eye look. Apply, curl all real and fake lashes together, then put on mascara! Have fun!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Welcome to MakeupTalk! I'm Janelle from NY. I am another non-lash user... although I'd like to try them someday to see how they look!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I know we have several members here that use them... Here's a thread you might want to read... Click!
tongue.gif

I don't like to use my falsies much since i am a dork and can't figure them out lol but there IS a website to explain it a bit. Click Here

Hi Kirsten-

Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco. I am not really into falsie eyelashes since I have never been able to put them on the right way. But I am sure a lot of girls here can give you some recommendations.

Anyways, I just wanted to welcome you and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

icon_biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back