Father's Day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since Father's Day is coming up, here is a review of some of the latest, most popular men's cologns from askmen.com

Here's what's popular at the fragrance counters, straight from the designers:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="99%" align=center border=0><!-- TOP ROW --><TBODY><TR><TH vAlign=center align=middle width="35%" bgColor=#737373>NAME

</TH><TH vAlign=center align=middle width="65%" bgColor=#737373>DESCRIPTION

</TH><TH vAlign=center align=middle width=95 bgColor=#737373>BOTTLE

</TH></TR><!-- ROW 1 --><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="35%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Hugo Boss

Hugo

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="65%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Although not relatively new, this fresh scent is a mix of fruity fragrances such as green apple, and outdoor scents such as pine needles, lavender and jasmine.

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=95>

</TD></TR><!-- END: ROW 1 --><!-- ROW 2 --><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="35%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Dolce and Gabanna

D&G

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="65%" bgColor=#eeeeee>This fragrance also provides men with a fresh smell, perfect for those nights out when you want to attract the ladies. This blend of citrus, lavender and tobacco is subtle yet recognizable.

</TD></TR><!-- END: ROW 2 --><!-- ROW 3 --><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="35%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Male

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="65%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Not only is the bottle of this fragrance impressive and a decorative item in itself, Gaultier's provocative and original fragrance is a blend of lavender, orange blossom, cinnamon, musk, and vanilla.

</TD></TR><!-- END: ROW 3 --><!-- ROW 4 --><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="35%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Gianni Versace

Versace Blue Jeans

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="65%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Packaged in a tin can just like Gaultier's "Le Male", this blend of citrus, rose, lavender, cedar, musk, and vanilla provides men with a fresh, clean smell. Although not feminine, your girlfriend may like this one for herself as well.

</TD></TR><!-- END: ROW 4 --><!-- ROW 5 --><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="35%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Issey Miyake

L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="65%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Almost similar in scent to Versace in terms of its "woody" smell, "L'Eau D'Issey" is an aromatic blend of tangerine, nutmeg, tobacco, sandalwood, musk, and blue water lily.

</TD></TR><!-- END: ROW 5 --><!-- ROW 6 --><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="35%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Calvin Klein

Contradiction

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="65%" bgColor=#eeeeee>Calvin Klein and popular fragrances have become anything but a contradiction. If you're tired of sharing "CK One" with your girlfriend, or if you want a change from your Calvin Klein "Eternity", give this fragrance a try. Like Versace's "Blue Jeans", this scent has an oriental wood odor, and is a spicy blend of lime, clementine, wood and ebony.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme, smells really good. I also bought Black by Kenneth Cole for my hubby and he really liked it.

Originally Posted by shoediva L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme, smells really good. I also bought Black by Kenneth Cole for my hubby and he really liked it. Funny you should say that because when I went to the store, Black (Keneth Cole's) was absolutely one of my fav's- I liked it A LOT!!! For my conservative father-in-law, I bought Tommy H. (gift set) which is very clean smelling, a bit spicey, and not too sweet.
My own father got a cool fishing pole that can be used for both flyfishing and regular lake fishing. It's changeable and retractable and fits into a back pack. He also got a new leur (sp?) and a special fish cutting board. What can I say? He loves fishing. He is the one who's going to really NEED cologne after all!

How do you spell 'leur', I am too lazy to look it up. Heh.

124banner5.gif

Originally Posted by shoediva speaking of fishing, here is a website with some other fun Father's day gifts; http://www.wishingfish.com/fathersday04.html Congratulations ShoeDiva!!! You win the
124banner8.jpg
hhhot.gif
Post of the Day!!!

I love the crash pack (for those fathers who are a bit accident prone) that I saw on the web url you listed. LOL!

I agree with Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, I love this one! Also, Gendarme is outrageous! A client that comes into my Spa wears this and I swear one of these days I'm gonna take a bite out of his a$$! In other words, its a HOT, HOT, HOT mens cologne!!

Originally Posted by Tinydancer I agree with Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, I love this one! Also, Gendarme is outrageous! A client that comes into my Spa wears this and I swear one of these days I'm gonna take a bite out of his a$$! In other words, its a HOT, HOT, HOT mens cologne!! HAHAHAH. I know exactly what you mean!!! I love a good smelling man. Their cologns smell better to me than women's fragrances. I guess that's the point. I've been known to bite men who smell good too. Don't worry, they forgive easily and the bite marks go away in a week or so depending on how good the cologne smells.

i got B-O

he has spoken

Originally Posted by Californian

HAHAHAH. I know exactly what you mean!!! I love a good smelling man. Their cologns smell better to me than women's fragrances. I guess that's the point. I've been known to bite men who smell good too. Don't worry, they forgive easily and the bite marks go away in a week or so depending on how good the cologne smells.

Hey Cali, after searching for a Father's day gift left and right, I decided to take him to see Stomp http://www.stomponline.com/ . He has mentioned on a few occasions that he would like to see it, so I'm gonna surprise him. Hope he likes it. Keep you posted.

Originally Posted by shoediva Hey Cali, after searching for a Father's day gift left and right, I decided to take him to see Stomp http://www.stomponline.com/ . He has mentioned on a few occasions that he would like to see it, so I'm gonna surprise him. Hope he likes it. Keep you posted. Good and unique choice! I've heard Stomp's really fun to watch!!! I love the idea. My father is more of a mozart dude so he wouldn't appreciate it, but I sure would. I can do Stomp or Mozart. I can get in a fun groove with Stomp's eye and sound-candy.
My dad got that retractable fishing pole, 5 bottles of bait (lol), a special cutting line knife, and a special whirly-bob leur... or and some black licorice. I hope he likes it.

My parents divorced when I was 13 so I don't know him as well as I "should," but it's nice to get him a little something for all of the things he's done for me. He taught me how to play softball and soccer when I was little and I had a blast! He also took me fishing and to McDonalds. McDonalds is a good thing when you are a kid.

Anyway... off on a tangent again.

Later Shoes!

LLbanner4.jpg

Some men colognes are awesome but I hate nothing more than a guy wearing too much cologne. The same goes for women wearing too much perfume. If the person leaves the room and the cologne/perfume stays in the room then they are wearing way too much! My favorite men colognes are Jean Paul Gaultier and Hugo Boss.

Latest posts

Back