Fav purple shadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'd really like to try purple e/s next. What are your favs?
confused.gif
Feel free to post your fav purple looks too!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tiel6 Hi all!
I'd really like to try purple e/s next. What are your favs?
confused.gif
Feel free to post your fav purple looks too!
biggrin.gif

I really like MAC's plum e/s. Its from Madame B's collection. If you want some purple e/s looks, look at Trisha's website. She has a wonderful collection of different looks.

Trish i really do just LOVE all your pics. You can wear any colour e/s & it still looks fab on you.

Tiel6, the only purple e/s i have are MAC Mauvism Paint & MAC Trax (which broke in my palette recently
icon_cry.gif
). I plan on getting MAC Creme De Violet soon though as i've heard its beautiful although not as pigmented as other MAC e/s.

Originally Posted by Laura Trish i really do just LOVE all your pics. You can wear any colour e/s & it still looks fab on you.
Tiel6, the only purple e/s i have are MAC Mauvism Paint & MAC Trax (which broke in my palette recently
icon_cry.gif
). I plan on getting MAC Creme De Violet soon though as i've heard its beautiful although not as pigmented as other MAC e/s.

i totally agree with laura on that one trisha can wear any color because hers eyes are gorgeous!!!! i love the first eye pic trisha has, that color is beautiful...i love purples now that i have been experimenting......i just bought Christian Dior 5 color palate in gris with a lovely purple in it, but its matte not shiny....

Originally Posted by Trisha Its such an eye poppingly (is this a word? No!!) beautiful shade isnt it?<NOT p sure if that sentence even made sense!! LOL<> I love all your Shadows...Whatever you put on your eyes...
icon_smile.gif
it looks perfect....I have some purple wet shadows...I like them so much...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
But I can' wear them...Cuz i did one time at messed my eyes
icon_sad.gif
. since then i never wear them but i do collect them....
icon_biggrin.gif

I love Violet Pigment, too! I'm thinking I should have probably got that instead of Tan. I do still have some sample left of Violet, though.

My other favs are MAC Digit (really useful pale lavender that's good to pair with other purples), MAC Creme de Violet (really eye-catching and rich and looks amazing blended with dark purple), MAC Parfait Amour (pastelly bright blue-toned purple. Another eye-catching shade), MAC Nocturnelle (nice rich deep red-toned purple), Stila Cassis (my HG purple crease colour of the moment. Dark shimmery blue-toned purple), Urban Decay Asphyxia (really pretty light bright lavender with blue shimmer), and MAC Idol Eyes (haven't worn this much but I vow to wear it more because it's a really pretty and unique lid shade - pale greyish lavender with pale gold shimmer/glitter).

No same thing....I don't know whenever i try to shades with wet like urs...MAC one but it just never work for me...It melts after a few minutes
icon_sad.gif
any recs why??

Originally Posted by Trisha Aww thanks!! x Are your eyes OK now??

Originally Posted by Trisha I was telling Naturally that I dont use my e/s and pigments wet really, so all my looks you see me post are done with the eye MU dry.
I think an e/s primer/base would be really helpful to you, I use Urban Decays Primer Potion and my e/s stays on 12hours plus!!

Thanks I will try those Shades...let c if they can help me...Again appreciated ur suggestions..
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My favourite purple e/s is NARS Nightfairy, it's a fab shimmery lilac which I line with NARS Lulu e/s which is a really deep plum colour.

Thanks you guys! I'm gonna head over to MAC tomorrow and see what I can find.
biggrin.gif
If I happen to get anything, I'll post it.
wink.gif

Thanks Scarlette!!

Ok, here's what I got -

e/s

Parfait Amour

Digit

Trax

Beautiful Iris

(Was gonna get Au Contraire but they were sold out)

Paints-

Mauvism (wanted the other purple paint but they were sold out; Matisserie I think is the name?)

Tan Ray

l/l in Subculture

4 brushes -

#219, 252, 266, & 311 I'm not sure why #311 isn't on their site.

Haven't tried the e/s yet!

Originally Posted by Tiel6 Thanks Scarlette!!
Ok, here's what I got -

e/s

Parfait Amour

Digit

Trax

Beautiful Iris

(Was gonna get Au Contraire but they were sold out)

Paints-

Mauvism (wanted the other purple paint but they were sold out; Matisserie I think is the name?)

Tan Ray

l/l in Subculture

4 brushes -

#219, 252, 266, & 311 I'm not sure why #311 isn't on their site.

Haven't tried the e/s yet!

Nice haul! The light purple one from the MAdame B. collection is really pretty IRL... liked that one... might p/u a purple today too
smile.gif
You guys have created a monster!!!!
eek.gif

LOL!! Hello, my name is Jenn & I'm a makeup addict!
icon_lol.gif

Thanks! I really wanted the Au Contraire & Matisserie but they were out. I'll look at the one from Madame B again.

Thanks Trisha! I wore the purple e/s yesterday! They looked better than I thought they would.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm gonna put up some pics soon!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tiel6 Thanks Trisha! I wore the purple e/s yesterday! They looked better than I thought they would.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm gonna put up some pics soon!
wink.gif
Cool! I actually picked up 2 e/s's today, and they are both purple-toned. One is crystal... which is a light purple (frost) and Mothbrown - which looks more purple than brown... (another frost)
7209379.jpg

**Moth Brown**
55_1_b.JPG

(Couldn't find a pic of crystal - but it's on the MAC site if you wanna check it out.)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back