Quantcast

Favorite blog widgets?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I like Disqus for comments. it makes it so much easier :D /emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Yay you made it! :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use Disqus on my Tumblr, but I not on my Blogger blog. I can't figure out how to use different handles when I comment.

Reaction score
I did make it :D /emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks to you :D /emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I find it so much easier to work with Disqus than with the blogger comment platform :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I find that the comments are way better organised and easier to find. Also you can track the ip, and there's the email adress already there if you need it for giveaways or smth :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh and I also love Rafflecopter for giveaways :D /emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score
I used to have a more political type blog years ago and it was on blogger, everyone else moved over to wordpress and said it was so much better. So what did I do when I wanted to start a beauty blog? I went to wordpress and it kinda sucks for beauty blogging since you can't use a lot of the plug ins liked linked within. Actually you can use it if you have your own platform, but I can't afford that! *sigh* I just can't win!

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to have a more political type blog years ago and it was on blogger, everyone else moved over to wordpress and said it was so much better. So what did I do when I wanted to start a beauty blog? I went to wordpress and it kinda sucks for beauty blogging since you can't use a lot of the plug ins liked linked within. Actually you can use it if you have your own platform, but I can't afford that! *sigh* I just can't win!
I thought about making the Wordpress move, but I feel like i would lose followers. I find it harder to follow WP blogs than Blogger blogs.

Reaction score
Im so happy I added Linked Within on my blog. I realize I constantly am clicking Linked Within posts on other blogs. And see that people do the same on my blog!

I also am obsessed with labels. It is so helpful when a blogger takes the time to clearly label their posts. Other obvious RSS feed links (some blogs dont have it and I hate having to manually subscribe) and a Search box.

Rafflecoptor is the absolute best! I am so happy when contests use it and will be using it for any giveaways I host.

Reaction score
Unfortunately anything that requires me to install it, I can't use since I am only able to use my work laptop right now. I'm hoping once we move and I get my main rig up and running, I can fiddle with my blog more.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im so happy I added Linked Within on my blog. I realize I constantly am clicking Linked Within posts on other blogs. And see that people do the same on my blog!

I also am obsessed with labels. It is so helpful when a blogger takes the time to clearly label their posts. Other obvious RSS feed links (some blogs dont have it and I hate having to manually subscribe) and a Search box.

Rafflecoptor is the absolute best! I am so happy when contests use it and will be using it for any giveaways I host.
Yes! I noticed in my stats how much it sends people to other posts.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I found one I like better for Wordpress, called Related Post Thumbnails. It is customizable, and it works!

GirlyEnthusiast

Mastiff Momma
Reaction score
Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found one I like better for Wordpress, called Related Post Thumbnails. It is customizable, and it works!
That's the one I use :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love it.

Reaction score
I've had some difficulty with installing linked within but I after reading all these comments, I think I may have to give it another go....

Petitepralines.blogspot.com

Latest posts