Favorite Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is your favorite foundation? I've used MAC Studiofix and Laura Mercier powder foundation and I'm starting to think that they are making my skin breakout. I've been getting blackheads on the chin area and I don't normally get them that much. I've read that if you have a breakout prone skin you should use a foundation powder because the sponge collects bacteria easily. I'm looking for a liquid or powder foundation to try for a combo skin. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your post! I've never tried the Sonia Kashuk line but will keep this product in mind next time I go to Target.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GiseleB

I don't really wear foundation because I don't like the feel of it on my skin. But, my favorite tinted moisturizer is Sonia Kashuk Hydrotint in Medium. This stuff is awesome and I can't feel it on my skin at all. It also has teeny tiny shimmery particles that just make you look glowy- but it doesn't look tacky or anything! I would highly recommend this to anyone!

I know we've talked about mineral cosmetics before, but I gotta say mineral foundation is worth a try, especially if you find regular makeup causing breakouts. I will never, ever ever ever ever use any other foundation anymore...not even tinted moisturizer! (Cause you can make tinted moisturizer with your minerals!)

I think you should try it!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Thanks for your post! I've never tried the Sonia Kashuk line but will keep this product in mind next time I go to Target.
smile.gif

I highly recommend checking out mineral makeup if you wanna wear powder foundation.
smile.gif
I really like Aromaleigh, esp. the Pure Powder. It provides about medium coverage if I apply it with a flocked sponge. It lasts most of the day, and doesn't break me out. HTHS!

I use a few, it depends on how my skin is acting. Body & Soul has great foundation, excellent medium/heavy coverage. Paula Dorf Moisture Foundation - Great medium coverage, it contains tiny little moisture balley thingies, great when your skin is feeling dry. Chanel Teint Lift Eclat - Great medium coverage, flawless finish but very pricey. Last but not least Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Foundation, fantastic coverage, flawless glowing finish and so quick to apply.

I have had great sucess with Cover Fx foundations. They recently introduced Mineral FX. A mineral foundation.

I have never tried mineral or powder foundations but right now I'm personally loving Prescriptives virtual skin. It's the only one that I've tried that doesn't oxidize on me. But its only sheer to medium coverage.

Current fav is Nuetrogena visibly even, becuase it doesn't break out my skin, is oil-free, and is non irritating to my sensitive skin. The covergae is moderate and not full, which is what i don't like. I'm searching for a full coverage, but that one isn't that bad. I used t o use L'Oreal true match and that stuff broke me out like crazy, it also made my skin itchy.

i have combo skin and I love bare minerals and also benefits play stick ( it is a studio fix type consistency) . I used to use studio fix a lot but not a big fan... i also tried dior foundation andI really liked it.

I'm a Revlon Colorstay girl hands-down, and I've tried a TON of foundations. Apply some Smashbox Photo Finish Primer under that, and you've got yourself a flawless face!

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a Revlon Colorstay girl hands-down, and I've tried a TON of foundations. Apply some Smashbox Photo Finish Primer under that, and you've got yourself a flawless face! Same here down to the Photo Finish.. Wish I got a flawless face but given what I'm starting with... I'm happy!! Lol

Originally Posted by andrrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyone notice this thread is from 2003? LOL It was the first thing I noticed! LOL!

Latest posts

Back