Favorite make up brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just noticed that a lot of people don't really like clinique. i'm not a big makeup user, but everything i've tried of clinique i loved. however, i will admit i haven't tried much more than their eyeshadows and lipgloss and lipstick- so do they flop horribly somewhere else? i'm just curious, that's all
smile.gif

Welcome Andria!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by andria2506

I would have to say my favorites are-Aveda

-Nars

-Makeup Forever

-Mac

-Dior

-Smashbox

Dislike:

-Mary Kay

-Hard Candy

-Cover Girl

Originally Posted by Kathee Hope I'm doing this right. (Clinique prod)In response to ditzybrunette's post I can't wear any eyemakeup (mascara, liner, shadow etc) cuz their products make my eyes tear. As far as their foundations go, to me they are all too pink or peach. I haven't found a good yellow based one yet. Never have tried their lipglosses and haven't worn their lipsticks in years.

Might have to check out their l/g and blushes.

I've been on the BB bandwagon for years and would like to jump off and try something less expensive.

Kathee

I haven't had good luck with their mascaras either
icon_sad.gif
Luckily I was just using sample sizes! I used to wear a few Clinique lipglosses, but I'm not sure if they've changed any of the formulas recently. I remember that the regular lipglosses were pretty sticky, but I liked the ones that had SPF (they actually weren't as sticky!) The most recent thing I tried from Clinique was the Tinted Superbalm, and these are really nice
icon_smile.gif
They are pretty sheer colors, and add a nice gloss to the lips. Also more moisturizing than other glosses. HTH!

Originally Posted by Kathee Hope I'm doing this right. (Clinique prod)In response to ditzybrunette's post I can't wear any eyemakeup (mascara, liner, shadow etc) cuz their products make my eyes tear. As far as their foundations go, to me they are all too pink or peach. I haven't found a good yellow based one yet. Never have tried their lipglosses and haven't worn their lipsticks in years.

Might have to check out their l/g and blushes.

I've been on the BB bandwagon for years and would like to jump off and try something less expensive.

Kathee

When I worked there, I had so many customers say that to me. They would be the skin care but the make up, they would pass. For me, the make up didn't have the staying power like MAC or Lancome does. That was my issue with them. So I would mix Clinique with other brands of make up when I worked at the counter and had to make sure it was one of the colors we had in case a customer asked what I was wearing.
icon_lol.gif

Back