Favorites

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tell me what your favorites are & why if you like. Shampoo Conditioner Soap Showergel Facial Cleanser Toner Body Lotion Shaver Facial Moisturizer Eye Cream Sunblock Deodorant Foundation Consealer Eye Shadow Eye Liner Blush Lip Liner Lipstick/gloss Pressed Powder Loose Powder Bronzer

Shampoo: I don't stick to one but fave brand is redken Conditioner: Nioxin Soap: Irish spring Showergel: Tone Facial Cleanser: Awake Toner: Dove Hydrating toner Body Lotion: St. Ives whipped silk Shaver: Gilette venus Facial Moisturizer: Bobbi brown Eye Cream: Bobbi brown Sunblock: Neutrogena ultra sheer (dunno what it's called exactly)Deodorant: Sure Foundation: Armani LSF and Chanel Double perfection Concealer: Dior Eye Shadow: Most MAC colors, Most Shu colors, Stila sun Eye Liner: Stila smudgepot Blush: Stila Tint Lip Liner: MAC stripdown Lipstick/gloss: MAC hug me, MAC half and half, MAC viva glam V, Stila Emily, Just about all of MAC lipglass, Chanel praline, NARS sunset strip, oh heck, all the lipglosses in the world Pressed Powder: don't use one Loose Powder: Laura Mercier Bronzer: Chanel Originally Posted by Tinydancer Tell me what your favorites are & why if you like. Shampoo Conditioner Soap Showergel Facial Cleanser Toner Body Lotion Shaver Facial Moisturizer Eye Cream Sunblock Deodorant Foundation Consealer Eye Shadow Eye Liner Blush Lip Liner Lipstick/gloss Pressed Powder Loose Powder Bronzer

Shampoo-Nexxus Thereapy ConditionerNexxus Ensure Soap-Ivory Showergel-BBW Orange Ginger Facial Cleanser-(Rx)Plexion Toner-don't use Body Lotion-St.Ives Whipped Silk or Palmer's Coco butter Shaver-Shick intiution Facial Moisturizer-currently using Avon O2 mousse Eye Cream-currently looking Sunblock-Water babies spf 45(I fry like a mutha) Deodorant-Degree(shower clean scent..Stuff rocks!) Foundation-Jane Iredale Amazing base Consealer-CD Hydrating Eye Shadow-MAC Eye Liner-MAC Blush-lancome Miel Glace Lip Liner-Avon Clear Lipstick/gloss-Can't pick one Pressed Powder-LM Translucent pressed Loose Powder-LM Translucent loose or EL Lucidity loose Bronzer-NARS Laguna

Tell me what your favorites are & why if you like. Shampoo- Frederick Fekkai Baby Blonde, makes my color stay and doesn't weigh down my fine hair, Garnier Fructise Conditioner- Frederick Fekkai, Garnier Fructise Soap- Lever 2000 antibacterial Showergel- Victoria's Secret and Lancome Facial Cleanser- Avene Toner- don't use Body Lotion- Biotherm, MMU and Fanie Shaver- Schick Intution- don't need a separate shaving cream Facial Moisturizer- Christian Dior, doesn't make my skin breakout and gives it a nice luminous look Eye Cream- Christian Dior, gets rid of the wrinkles Sunblock- Dermatologica Sensitive Skin, the best sunscreen for my sensitive skin, doesn't make me breakout and doesn't irritate Deodorant- Secret, Dove Foundation- Christian Dior Consealer- Cle De Peau Eye Shadow- Christian Dior and MAC Eye Liner- MAC and Laura Mercier cake liner Blush- Shu Uemura Lip Liner- MAC Lipstick/gloss- MAC and Shu Uemura Pressed Powder- Christian Dior Loose Powder- NARS and Laura Mercier Bronzer- Estee Lauder, very natural color and big container for the price

Shampoo - Organix Moroccan Argan Oil. Is a MUST for dry hair.   

Conditioner - Organix Moroccan Argan Oil AND LaCoupe Orgnx Volumizing Conditioner (I alternate between the two). Both are musts for dry or damaged hair.  

Soap - Village Naturals Foaming Milk Bath/Body Wash. I LOVE the Vanilla scented wash. It smells good and is so soothing. I don't use bar soap.  

Facial Cleanser - Mary Kay Botanicals, Alba Coconut Milk Facial Wash, and Aveeno Positively Radiant. The MK Botanicals works best to hydrate my skin and just give me that clean feeling and gives me a radiant glow. Alba smells amazing, and makes my skin feel firm and cleansed. Aveeno is good for when my skin is looking a bit dull.

Toner - I don't use toner, since it drys out my skin.   

Body Lotion - Hemp Body Moiturizer for dry skin. My hair stylist actually recommended this to me when one day I went to get my hair done and my knuckles we dry and cracked. She told me to head of to Sally's and buy this and my dry skin would clear up in no time. The next day my skin was back to normal, plus it smells amazing. I swear by this stuff.   

Shaver - Satin Care Shave Gel with a touch of Olay. Before I started using this stuff (and the Olay razor to match it) I used to get ingrown hairs, dry skin, and razor bumps after shaving. Not any more!  

Facial Moisturizer - Mary Kay Botanicals, Alba Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream, Yes To! Cucumbers. The MK Botanicals is again, my favorite, as it moisturizes my skin the best.  I use the Alba moisturizer when I'm in the mood to use the cleanser I mentioned before. Yes To is my go to product whenever my skin is especially dry.   

Eye Cream - I'm not too big on eye creams too be honest. I've used Mary Kay Firming Eye Cream before, and I like that. Never dry out my eyes.  

Sunblock - Okay... I know I should but I don't really use sunblock unless I know I'll be in the sun a lot, and even then I sort of throw on whatever is in the house. The Primer I used to use (Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Primer) had SPF in it and so did the BB Cream I used to use.   

Deodorant - Alba Clear Enzyme (Tea Tree with baking soda and alpine lichen. NO ALUMINUM)   

Foundation - I used to use a BB Cream, but since it made my skin a little orange, I made the switch to Mary Kay Luminous Wear when I started selling their products. Usually when I get a foundation I find myself liking it...until it dry out my skin and makes me break out a few days later. I had that problem with Fit Me. I've been using the MK foundation for awhile and I still love it.   

Consealer - I believe I'm using the Fit Me consealer still. The only time I use consealer is if my eyes look especially dark in the morning.   

Eye Shadow - I LOVE Sephoras Pro Lesson: Smoky Eye Pallet, and it only costs $35 dollars when I bought it months ago. It is hands down my favorite eyeshadow.   

Eye Liner - I use Physican Formula for my stick line (the mechanical pencil) and on my upper lid I use Revelon Colorstay Gel Liner  

Blush - I like MAry Kay Mineral Blush and Physicans Formula blush as well. Both come in very pretty shades and go on evenly.   

Lip Liner - Not too big on lipliner, so whatever random drugstore brands I think are pretty.   

Lipstick/gloss - Loreal Infallible Lip Gloss/Color Sealer Duo. I used this stuff on my wedding day. The down side is that it CAN dry your lips out and sometimes the lip gloss looks cracked after it drys. Your lips have to be REALLY soft and moisturized. Loreal Color Riche Caresse. I've been on the search for the PERFECT pink for the longest time, and I finally found it in the Casresse lipsticks. As far as lips gloss goes I like Mary Kay lipgloss as well as Loreal Colour Riche LeGloss.  

Pressed Powder - I prefer loose powder.   

Loose Powder - Physicians Formula and Mary Kay loose Mineral Powder.   

Bronzer - I prefer not to use bronzer. 

Shampoo - Living Proof Anti-Frizz (expensive but so far it's one of the few things that helps smooth out my coarse, thick hair)Conditioner - Living Proof Anti-Frizz (see above)Soap - Lush Dirty Soap (interesting scent that isn't girly or "soapy" smelling)Showergel - Lush Ponche (smells like orange jello with a hint of warm spice, makes my skin so soft it's crazy)Facial Cleanser - Neutrogena Naturals (keeps the shine at bay on my oily skin without being drying)Toner - Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner (good on my oily skin, though I am not sure whether it helps with pores)Body Lotion - Boscia Whipped Body Cream (very lightweight but smooth, very light scent)Shaver - Venus (use it out of habit but I like it)Facial Moisturizer - Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration (very lightweight and has SPF)Eye Cream - Origins Eye Doctor Moisture Care (not too heavy, light pleasant scent)Sunblock - Neutrogena Ultra Sheer (comes in really ihgh SPF, not greasy, can use it occasionally on my face without breaking out)Deodorant - Degree Nature Effects in Orange Flower & Cranberry (I hate the "deoderant" smell, and this stuff smells nothing like it.  Nice pleasant scent.  I think these are discontinued though.  Sad.)Foundation - Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin (one of the few foundations almost pale enough for my skin, good coverage, doesn't make my face shiny)Concealer - Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer (expensive but lasts FOREVER, versatile, comes in a good light shade for me)Eye Shadow - Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (I don't really have a single favorite eyeshadow, so this is the palette I use most.)Eye Liner - Stila Smudge Sticks, especially Moray (don't give me raccoon eyes, though I only use on the top lid, great pigmentation, they don't tug on my eye)Blush - NARS Luster (really gorgeous, slight shimmer but no sparkle, warm color that is almost like a bronzer on my pale skin but not quite.  Goes with a lot of looks.)Lip Liner - NYX liners (I don't care that much either way about lip liners, but these do the job and they are retractable.)Lipstick/gloss - YSL Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balms (so glowy, sheer but buildable gorgeous colors, I really can't get enough.  They smell awesome too.)Pressed Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder (great as a setting powder or as a light coverage foundation, keeps oil at bay)Loose Powder - Laura Mercier Mineral Powder (I don't really like loose powders, but this is the one that I like most so far.  Decent buildable foundation.  Good color range for pale skin.)Bronzer - Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (matte bronzer that works well on pale skin, plus it smells like hot chocolate powder.  Cannot beat that.)

Shampoo: DevaCurl Low-Poo because it cleans without completely drying out my hair, and makes my curls even prettier :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Conditioner: Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong because it's super moisturizing and makes my hair insanely soft!!  

Soap: Softsoap (I guess -- I'm not picky for hand soap as long as it's liquid)  

Showergel: Whatever smells good and is cheap, currently using Up & Up Cool Moisturizing Body Wash  

Facial Cleanser: 3-way tie between St. Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub, Aveeno Active Naturals Smart Essentials and Clean & Clear Advantage Oil-Absorbing Cream Cleanser because they make my skin nice  

Toner: Clinique Clarifying Lotion because it really gets all the dirt and oil out  

Body Lotion: 2-way tie between Jergens Ultra Healing and Cetaphil Fragrance Free Moisturizing Cream because they're super moisturizing but not too eavy  

Shaver: Schick Quattro (I guess -- honestly, I'm not too picky, as long as it's got at least 4 blades)  

Facial Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion because it's not heavy or greasy but is very moisturizing  

Eye Cream: N/A -- don't use  

Sunblock: N/A -- don't use (and please don't lecture, I know I "should" but I'm dark-skinned, so it's less of a problem for me  

Deodorant: Dove Visibly Smooth Wild Rose Anti-Perspirant Deodorant because it smells pretty good and it makes shaving super easy!!   

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear because it matches my skin pretty much perfectly and lasts all day  

Consealer: N/A -- don't use  

Eye Shadow: Whatever has a pretty color! 'Nuff said.  

Eye Liner: Covergirl Perfect Point Plus because it glides on smoothly, blends beautifully, and lasts forever on!  

Blush: N/A -- don't use  

Lip Liner: N/A -- don't use  

Lipstick/gloss: E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Color because it's cheap, has a color that matches my lips basically perfectly, and goes on nicely.  

Pressed Powder: L'Oreal True Match because there's a color that basically matches my skin perfectly.  

Loose Powder: N/A -- don't use  

Bronzer: N/A -- don't use

Latest posts

Back