Favourite/HG Skincare

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by moniKa. can anyone recommend a really really good yet inexpensive acne treatment that doesnt need a prescription?
please!
smile.gif

I like the treatment lotion that comes in the Murad Acne Complex Kit
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm updating my post since most of my products have changed!

Skin Type: Normal to dry

Day time:

Cleanser: "SHU by ai" Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Enriched

Toner: DHC Skin Softener

Serum: None, but I do use a thin film of DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture for hydration

Day Sunscreen: Shiseido SPF 55 sunscreen for face and body

Eye Cream: DHC Concentrated Eye Cream

Night time:

Makeup Remover: "SHU by ai" Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Enriched

Cleanser: Usually none, though occasionally I'll use Olay Daily Renewal Cleanser

Toner: DHC Skin Softener

Serum: None at night

Night Cream: Either DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture or RoC Actif Pur Anti-Wrinkle Treatment

Eye Cream: DHC Concentrated Eye Cream or RoC Correxion Intensive Eye Care

Exfoliation 2x per week: Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

After many years of trying all the most expensive treatments and going through skincare hell, I've found the natural oils approach works really well for me.

SKIN TYPE: Dry/somewhat prone to breakouts

CLEANSER: Alpha Skincare Jojoba cleansing oil

TONER: none

MOISTURISER: day-camellia oil and jojoba oil,

night-Alpha Skincare yerba mate cream

EYE CREAM: Alpha Skincare rose cream

FACIAL WASH:same as cleanser

EXFOLIATOR:microdermabrasion cloth 2-3x a week(at night only)

ACNE TREATMENT:Seabuckthorn berry oil

MASK:none

By the way, I guess I should introduce myself
icon_biggrin.gif
27 year old single mom in CA. Used to be in the entertainment biz, now I occasionally do makeup and hair among other things
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Everyone's been so nice so far, just wanted to say hello to everyone!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SKIN TYPE (Normal, dry, oily, combo, dehydrated, acne prone, sensitive): normal

CLEANSER: olay foaming cleanser

TONER: none

MOISTURISER: (day and/or night): olay total effects 7x

EYE CREAM: mary kay instant action

EXFOLIATOR: st. ives apricot scrub

ACNE TREATMENT: mary kay acne treatment gel (a god-send)

MASK: queen helene mint julep masque

MAKE UP REMOVER: mary kay eye makeup remover

LIP EXFOLIATOR: mary kay

LIP BALM: burt's bees during the day and mary kay satin lips before i go to bed

SKIN TYPE: Normal to dry and sensitive

CLEANSER: Dr. Denese and Elizabeth Arden

TONER: Dr. Denese

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): Dr. Denese and Elizabeth Arden (both work nice with my skin)

EYE CREAM: Dr. Denese

FACIAL WASH: same as cleanser

EXFOLIATOR: Dr. Denese

ACNE TREATMENT: Never needed one (Thank goodness)

MASK: Dr. Denese<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SKIN TYPE: Normal

CLEANSER: Albolene Liquifying Cleanser

TONER: Sometimes - (Clinique)

MOISTURIZER: (day and/or night): Elizabeth Grant

EYE CREAM: Elizabeth Grant

FACIAL WASH: Dr. Pierre Ricaud towelettes

EXFOLIATOR: Epidermx

ACNE TREATMENT: None

MASK: Actual Mineral Mud from the Dead Sea, - Amman, Jordan<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SKIN TYPE (Normal, dry, oily, combo, dehydrated, acne prone, sensitive): dry & acne prone

CLEANSER: md formulations Facial Cleanser

TONER:none

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): md formulation Facial Creme

EYE CREAM - md formulations Vit-A-Plus Eye Creme

FACIAL WASH:md formulations Facial Cleanser

EXFOLIATOR:Benefit Honey Snap Out of It Scrub

ACNE TREATMENT:md formulations Glycare Acne Gel

MASK: none

Karen, I've never known anyone else who's ever used Albolene! I used it years ago, but I've never heard about anyone else using it for their face!

Hi Envymi -lol... yeah I've been using Albolene ever since I was about 17 yrs. old - I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world....For me,its the best, ~ it seems like the makeup melts off your face as you tissue off. I guess that's why they called it a liquifying cleanser...duh....lol
biggrin.gif
I luv it !!!

ROFL!!!!!! I like your signature "The BIGGER the hair, the smaller the waist." ROFL!!!!!!!!!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* Hi Envymi -lol... yeah I've been using Albolene ever since I was about 17 yrs. old - I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world....For me,its the best, ~ it seems like the makeup melts off your face as you tissue off. I guess that's why they called it a liquifying cleanser...duh....lol
biggrin.gif
I luv it !!!

SKIN TYPE: combination, bit oily-er in summer, bit drier in winter

CLEANSER: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

TONER: Molton Brown Exfoliating Toner

MOISTURISER (day): First put on Decleor Neroli Oil, and follow with either Decleor Hydrafloral Emulsion or REN Rose Otto Moisturiser

MOISTURISER (night): Decleor Balm Essential, or REN Frankinsence & Bosiwella Serrata Reapir Cream

EYE CREAM - Elemis Absolute Eye Serum & Elemis Eye Support

FACIAL WASH: Philosophy Purity Made Simple, or REN Rosa Centifolia Facial Wash

EXFOLIATOR: Origins Never A Dull Moment, or Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel

ACNE TREATMENT: N/A

MASK: Decleor Hydrafloral Mask, or Elemis Herbal Lavender Mask

I like to mix and match my brands!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 ROFL!!!!!! I like your signature "The BIGGER the hair, the smaller the waist." ROFL!!!!!!!!!
icon_lol.gif
And she practices that motto daily! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

SKIN TYPE: Norm/dry, sensitive, occasional acne in t-zone

CLEANSER: Dove fragrance-free foaming cleanser for sensitive skin

TONER: Dior Snow X2 or Proactiv

MOISTURISER (day and/or night): Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer (day) and Amore La Neige Water Sleeping Pack (night)

EYE CREAM: Shiseido Bio-Performance super eye-contour cream

EXFOLIATOR: use a warm washcloth after cleanser

ACNE TREATMENT: Proactiv Repairing Lotion

MASK: Charmzone Medicell Biostone Pack (similar to queene helene mint julep, but skin is smoother)

PRIMER: Clarins Beauty Flash Balm or Laura Gellar Spackle

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hi all, This is my first post. I had problem skin for years and still breakout with the use of a lot of products but what FIXED my skin was Paula's Choice. I use the gentle soap cleanser, the salicylic lotion in the lowest amount and then the 2.5% blemish fighting solution every night. Then in the morning I use cetaphil moisturizer with spf 15. But I also have probelms depending on which foundation I use.....it seems I breakout to a lot of foundations with sunscreen, the best one I have found that doesn't irritate my skin is NARS oil free. THIS ROUTINE SERIOUSLY FIXED MY SKIN ALONG WITH CHANGING FOUNDATIONS!!! I had been going to a dermatologist that had only made my skin worse!!

If you need more specific names of the face products to find them let me know.......they are not in front of me at the moment.

Originally Posted by moniKa. can anyone recommend a really really good yet inexpensive acne treatment that doesnt need a prescription?
please!
smile.gif

Welcome to MuT DallasGirl
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Hi all, This is my first post. I had problem skin for years and still breakout with the use of a lot of products but what FIXED my skin was Paula's Choice. I use the gentle soap cleanser, the salicylic lotion in the lowest amount and then the 2.5% blemish fighting solution every night. Then in the morning I use cetaphil moisturizer with spf 15. But I also have probelms depending on which foundation I use.....it seems I breakout to a lot of foundations with sunscreen, the best one I have found that doesn't irritate my skin is NARS oil free. THIS ROUTINE SERIOUSLY FIXED MY SKIN ALONG WITH CHANGING FOUNDATIONS!!! I had been going to a dermatologist that had only made my skin worse!!
If you need more specific names of the face products to find them let me know.......they are not in front of me at the moment.

Originally Posted by Trisha Heres mine then:
SKIN TYPE (Normal, dry, oily, combo, dehydrated, acne prone, sensitive): Oily, acne prone skin with dehydrated patches where I use acne treatments

CLEANSER: Eve Lom

TONER: Rarely use onem have never found one i liked or thought was making a difference!

MOISTURISER: (day and/or night): Philosophy Hope In A Jar

EYE CREAM: Almay Brightening & Tightening Eye Cream

FACIAL WASH: I am in search of new mild fac wash!

EXFOLIATOR: Dr Brandts Microdermabraison In A Jar (twice weekly) then Origins Never A Dull Moment the rest of the time.

ACNE TREATMENT: Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel

MASK: Origins Out Of Trouble & Origins Drink Up

Philosophy has a very gentle cleanser called purity made simple,I love it.

skin type: acne prone

cleanser: aveeno clear complexion

toner & exfoliant: stridex pads for sensitive skin

moisturizer: sundari neem and avocado

eye cream: prescriptives vibrant

acne treatment: nv perricone acne gel

masque: dermalogica multi-vitamin or hydrating depending on what my skin needs at the time

i've been using these products for about 3 months and i haven't had a breakout, other than a stray pimple, for about 2 months. i am looking for a new eye cream. anyone familiar with skyn iceland relief eye cream?

i love to mix and match also. i did try the entire line of products for each brand i use currently, but ended up with only one or two items that really worked well for my skin.

Originally Posted by Bhav SKIN TYPE: combination, bit oily-er in summer, bit drier in winter
CLEANSER: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

TONER: Molton Brown Exfoliating Toner

MOISTURISER (day): First put on Decleor Neroli Oil, and follow with either Decleor Hydrafloral Emulsion or REN Rose Otto Moisturiser

MOISTURISER (night): Decleor Balm Essential, or REN Frankinsence & Bosiwella Serrata Reapir Cream

EYE CREAM - Elemis Absolute Eye Serum & Elemis Eye Support

FACIAL WASH: Philosophy Purity Made Simple, or REN Rosa Centifolia Facial Wash

EXFOLIATOR: Origins Never A Dull Moment, or Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel

ACNE TREATMENT: N/A

MASK: Decleor Hydrafloral Mask, or Elemis Herbal Lavender Mask

I like to mix and match my brands!!
icon_biggrin.gif

the one thing that wasn't on the list was lip balm. i'm using a product called sue's amazing lip stuff. it contains hemp seed oil, avocado oil, beeswax and peppermint oil. a good lip balm is a must for me. i don't wear lip pencil, lipstick or even gloss without it.
icon_lol.gif

I just saw my dermotologist today so all this could change:

Skin Type: combination

Cleanser: Cetaphil bar soap

Toner: Sea Breeze

Eye Makeup Remover: Johnson's Baby Oil

Exfoliator: St. Ive's Apricot Scrub

Moisturizer: DCL Facial Moisturizing Cream (I was using ROC Night Cream)

Mask: Spot treat with Queen Helene Mint Julep (too strong for all over)

Eye Cream: ROC Night Eye Cream

Acne Treatment: None

Lip Balm: I have several brands that I rotate:

Burt's Bees

Kiehls

Chap Stick

Neosporin Lip Ointment

Latest posts

Back