Feeling Bloated? You just got thinner!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ever feel so bloated that you can't see your

belly button?

014image2.jpg

Even models get bloated sometimes (see above). Babies and animals do too. But when it comes to women, the culprit is often hormons. Regardless, here are some helpful tips to keep you feeling less like a blowfish and more like yourself! Unless you are comfortable with the 'blowfish syndrome' read on!

Bloat Busters

1. Pass on the pretzels. Salty food promotes fluid retention. Skip snacks like pretzels, potato chips and salted nuts. Also avoid processed foods that are high in sodium, like soup, ketchup, mustard and salad dressing. Look for products with less than 50 mg of sodium per serving. (In other words, Cali's out, unless you mean, "Pass the pretzels.")

2. Cut out starchy carbs. How do celebs like Jennifer Aniston look so hot in their skin-tight red-carpet gowns? They skip carbs the day of the ceremony. Starchy carbs like pasta, rice and bread absorb water, leaving you bloated. (no bagels either! Maybe the blowfish syndrome ain't so bad? )

3. Eat asparagus. Here's another star secret: "Asparagus is the MVP diuretic," says Kirsch. "It really helps get excess fluid out of the body, which will make you slimmer." For lunch, Kirsch recommends that his clients eat a spinach salad with grilled chicken, asparagus and balsamic vinegar. (Chick food! Now you're talkin'!)

<TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=95 bgColor=#ffffff borderColorLight=#000000 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle>celery</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> 4. Chomp on celery. Since it's 70 percent water, celery helps flush excess fluid out of the body, says Kirsch. (tastes like nothing, not even chicken. Oh well.)

5. Have a banana. Fruits like banana and cantaloupe, which are high in potassium, help regulate the fluid balance in your body, which can counteract bloating. (Can you have chocolate with it? Just wondering. My friend wants to know.)

6. Can the soda. Want a flat belly? Skip soda. Carbonated beverages create bubbles in the stomach, making your belly expand. (No can do; I have a Coca Cola IV.)

7. Avoid alcohol. Imbibing before you go out might not be a great idea if you want to look thin. The alcohol's sugar will add instant bloat, as will the bubbles (in champagne, tonic or soda). (beer belly, beer belly! Neener neener neener!)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_3_1.gif 8. Pick up some parsley. And don't just use it to decorate your plate. It's a mild diuretic that will naturally help the body flush out excess water. Add some to your salad or steamed veggies. (In case you were wondering: Do not add to popcorn, pretzels, beer, or bread.)

And if you still look like this: https://www.makeuptalk.com/editor_files/editor_images/014image1.jpg well, maybe it ain't so bad? It's nothing that a tunic can't cover. Also try wearing a pair of your SO's Levis. At least you have nice breasts and a good tan. https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Irishgirl Wow..I guess the Soda and Carbs would be the hardest for me to cut out..LOL! Love the graphic! Hee Hee! Thanks Irish! LOL... I cut and pasted a man's belly onto the models. As if ya couldn't tell. It was therapeudic! LOL... snicker...Tonight I'm hoping my husband will take me out to the movies cause I want to see "The Village" and I want popcorn and coke. If I get bloated, I'll wear a big t-shirt when I go home. Hah. LOVE my popcorn!!!!

I am learning to eat less bread though. I think we eat too many breads. For example, a sub sandwich is great with half of the bread gone! You can taste the meat and flavor of the sandwich better. No need to clock on those extra calories unless you are going to the movies and are going to see "The Village" like me.
smile.gif

arg-lady-chips-tv-bluebg-url.gif

I agree about the Subway sandwich. We like to order a 6 inch and then double meat instead of the foot-long. We figured out that you can taste the actual stuff on the sub better, and then it's less bread. Bread is basically what we've cut out over here.
smile.gif

Enjoy "The Village!!!" It's excellent - not scary, but suspenseful and well-done. I have a "crush" on Joaquin Pheonix now, and I never cared for him before. (I'm a huge fan of his late brother, River, and never thought much of Joaquin, but he's a doll of a sweetheart in "The Village.")

Originally Posted by Californian Thanks Irish! LOL... I cut and pasted a man's belly onto the models. As if ya couldn't tell. It was therapeudic! LOL... snicker...Tonight I'm hoping my husband will take me out to the movies cause I want to see "The Village" and I want popcorn and coke. If I get bloated, I'll wear a big t-shirt when I go home. Hah. LOVE my popcorn!!!!

I am learning to eat less bread though. I think we eat too many breads. For example, a sub sandwich is great with half of the bread gone! You can taste the meat and flavor of the sandwich better. No need to clock on those extra calories unless you are going to the movies and are going to see "The Village" like me.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea I agree about the Subway sandwich. We like to order a 6 inch and then double meat instead of the foot-long. We figured out that you can taste the actual stuff on the sub better, and then it's less bread. Bread is basically what we've cut out over here.
smile.gif

Enjoy "The Village!!!" It's excellent - not scary, but suspenseful and well-done. I have a "crush" on Joaquin Pheonix now, and I never cared for him. (I'm a huge fan of his late brother, River, and never thought much of Joaquin, but he's a doll of a sweetheart in "The Village.")

I really enjoyed "The Village" Julia, and went to see it on your recommendation. IT was an English major's delight with all of the metaphors and story telling. My husband loved it too! Who would have guessed???? And I thought (so did hubs) that Ivy deserved an academy award for her performance. And yes, Joaquin has sex appeal. I agree! I can't quite name it, that's why it falls under "appeal" since it's ineffable! Go Joaquin, go! He's a great actor (I think) and Wm. Hurt did a nice job too.Thanks Julia for the rec!!!! Oh, the popcorn made me bloated, but it was good!

smile.gif

Originally Posted by pamperyou ROFLMBO!!! and some great info!!No soda? No pretzels........what shall I eat for FUN!!!!

LOL

Amie

LOL. I think you need cheesecake then!!!
013image5.jpg

no wonder i always feel bloated..im always eating chips and or drinking a can of diet soda

Latest posts

Back