firefox sucks!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Laura I've never once had trouble with IE.. And i dont have a pop-up blocker enabled. I run Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Microsoft Anti-Spyware (ye gotta get this guys, its great!) & a virus scan every week.. i have all kinds of spyware programs. one of my faves is spyware blaster it blocks bad URLS if you have IE i suggest getting it. cus IE seems to get hijacked more than any other browser

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Really? I dont get that,... what happens when it gets hijacked?
icon_wink.gif
if you have ever had any toolbars that you didn't download show up on your browser then you've been hijacked

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for contacting RealNetworks Technical Support.

As I understand from reading your e-mail, you're unable to access music site using RealPlayer.

This could occur due to compatibility issues. Although many functions of the RealPlayer work with Mozilla Firefox, it is not officially supported. We do not guarantee functionality with Mozilla Firefox at this time.

RealPlayer requires Windows 98SE or better with Internet Explorer 5.0 or later. For the most up-to-date requirements, please see the Real Help topic on RealPlayer system requirements.

Thank you,

Jayaprakash

Technical Support

RealNetworks

thanks, jayaprakash
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 if you have ever had any toolbars that you didn't download show up on your browser then you've been hijacked Oh... nope - only the ones that I wanted are there... the Google one b/c I like the search box... and the smiley central one (that I hide anyway) b/c you need to keep it in order to keep the smileys... oh well - it doesn't bother me
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer Dear Jennifer,

As I understand from reading your e-mail, you're unable to access music site using RealPlayer.

This could occur due to compatibility issues. Although many functions of the RealPlayer work with Mozilla Firefox, it is not officially supported. We do not guarantee functionality with Mozilla Firefox at this time.

RealPlayer requires Windows 98SE or better with Internet Explorer 5.0 or later. For the most up-to-date requirements, please see the Real Help topic on RealPlayer system requirements.

Thank you,

Jayaprakash

Technical Support

RealNetworks

thanks, jayaprakash
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I guess that's your answer! LOL
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you,

Jayaprakash

Technical Support

RealNetworks

thanks, jayaprakash
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LOL, now that is LAME. It's only a matter of time that they fix it for FireFox. to put this all into perspective, Imagine that you were a makeup manufacturer and your company ONLY made makeup just for one race. LOL

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOL, now that is LAME. It's only a matter of time that they fix it for FireFox. to put this all into perspective, Imagine that you were a makeup manufacturer and your company ONLY made makeup just for one race. LOL LOL very true.

I am sorry that it gave you problems. I use WMP to play music and never had an issue.

Originally Posted by Marisol I am sorry that it gave you problems. I use WMP to play music and never had an issue. well, you should be sorry because it's all your fault.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer well, you should be sorry because it's all your fault.
tongue.gif

I know... have you tried using WMP? I think you might like it. But if you don't, dont tell the peeps here that I recommened it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I know... have you tried using WMP? I think you might like it. But if you don't, dont tell the peeps here that I recommened it.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL
no, i haven't. i always listen to mp3s, but when i'm in the mood, i listen to albo music, which means every single website only uses realplayer.

thanks, though!

I'm not good w/this computer stuff., so bear w/me - don't laugh - but if you have internet explorer, then you download firefox...how do you keep I.E. quiet??? Do you remove it, or just click the firefox icon when you want to surf the web - and forget I.E. all together?
icon_question.gif
duh

Originally Posted by K*O* I'm not good w/this computer stuff., so bear w/me - don't laugh - but if you have internet explorer, then you download firefox...how do you keep I.E. quiet??? Do you remove it, or just click the firefox icon when you want to surf the web - and forget I.E. all together?
icon_question.gif
duh I downloaded FF and just don't use IE. I set FF to be my default browser. I still use IE but only on rare occasions.

Originally Posted by Marisol I downloaded FF and just don't use IE. I set FF to be my default browser. I still use IE but only on rare occasions. Oh Marisol I love you....where & how do you make a default browser? Is there a special setting somewhere to click on??? I'd ask Janelle, but she's out & about!!!!

If you want Firefox to be your defaul player, go to Tools, Options and click on General. You should see it there. Let me know if this helps!

Originally Posted by Marisol If you want Firefox to be your defaul player, go to Tools, Options and click on General. You should see it there. Let me know if this helps! Marisol, mine doesn't say default browser??? like you showed me in your picture..? It says to change your homepage - then there's one says: delete cookie, delete temporary internet files...thats it? my computer must be totally stupid., its either it is., or I AM....

Originally Posted by K*O* Marisol, mine doesn't say default browser??? like you showed me in your picture..? It says to change your homepage - then there's one says: delete cookie, delete temporary internet files...thats it? my computer must be totally stupid., its either it is., or I AM....

Are you changing Firefox or IE? Do you want Firefox to be your default or IE?

Originally Posted by Marisol Are you changing Firefox or IE? Do you want Firefox to be your default or IE? I have IE....I d/l FF.... FF is saved on the desktop I didnt actually open it yet... that's why I didn't know what to do.... I just wanted to see what all the talk was about this FF? lol..... Im so nosey!!.....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by K*O* I have IE....I d/l FF.... FF is saved on the desktop I didnt actually open it yet... that's why I didn't know what to do.... I just wanted to see what all the talk was about this FF? lol..... Im so nosey!!.....
icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh ok... If you want to use FF, just double click on it like you would any other application. If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it.

Originally Posted by Marisol Oh ok... If you want to use FF, just double click on it like you would any other application. If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it. That's it??? I can do that... you're a life saver ha ha... now I understand what you were talking about...I was confused about the default browser thing....

thank you honey

Back