Firewalls.. what do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What kind of firewall does everyone use? Out of the these 3 FREE software firewalls, which would you recommend ZoneAlarm, Sygate or Kerio? I stripped my PC last week & i want to download a firewall to keep safe!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura What kind of firewall does everyone use? Out of the these 3 FREE software firewalls, which would you recommend ZoneAlarm, Sygate or Kerio? I stripped my PC last week & i want to download a firewall to keep safe!
biggrin.gif

i use zone alarmbut i have the pro version. I like it.

Did you pay for that Angela? Paying for it isnt an option for us at the moment coz my parents don't understand computers and won't pay for it! They dont realise we need one

Originally Posted by Laura Did you pay for that Angela? Paying for it isnt an option for us at the moment coz my parents don't understand computers and won't pay for it! They dont realise we need one no i didn't pay for it. my dad is the same way he won't pay for firewalls or antiviruses (hhm maybe that's why his last computer was filled with viruses) after i reformated i coudln't get my norton to work since i only had the downloaded version so now i am using that free anti virus though and it seems to work fine it scanns my email which is what i want it for.

ok i am babbling again lol

I used to use the Firewall that comes in Microsoft XP, but I disabled it cause it was affecting my ability to get online. I do use google pop up blocker though.

I was using Norton but it started interfering with my school network connection after I downloaded some updates for it ... then I downloaded McAfee for free through my school and it crashed my computer every time I tried to install it! So right now, it's just the built-in Windows XP ... I *really* need to find an anti-virus program now, maybe I will try reinstalling Norton without the firewall and see if I can still get online ....

I use Windows XP and haven't had a problem with it yet. However, I did use Zone Alarm (the free version) and I really like it.

I just installed Norton Antivirus 2005 on my PC. It gave me an option to go with the Norton firewall vs. the Windows XP one. So I went for it. I don't know why, I guess I don't trust Microsoft.

I have the XP Firewall but I thought I’d need another one.. Do ye think I’d be ok with just that girls?

Originally Posted by Laura What kind of firewall does everyone use? Out of the these 3 FREE software firewalls, which would you recommend ZoneAlarm, Sygate or Kerio? I stripped my PC last week & i want to download a firewall to keep safe!
biggrin.gif

I use Innoculate - its by Computer Associates...its terrific !

Originally Posted by K*O* I use Innoculate - its by Computer Associates...its terrific ! me too! and their Pest Patrol *for spyware* and also the one that comes with XP... so I'm all good!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Thanks for the link Janelle. I'm gonna do the trial and check this out!! You're the best!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Welcome! Their building is actually right near my house! it's HUGE! They are a really well known pc company - great software...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yeah, I think I have heard of them before, but I dont have any first hand knowledge of any of their products. I'm happy to try their software out just because you really like it... that's good enough for me!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome! Their building is actually right near my house! it's HUGE! They are a really well known pc company - great software...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My father-in-law installed 4 free firewalls on our computer. We are using Microsoft Antispyware, AVG Free Virus Vault, Spybot, Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE. We haven't had any problems.

Originally Posted by Laura I have the XP Firewall but I thought I’d need another one.. Do ye think I’d be ok with just that girls? i wouldn't just use that one. but that's my opinion.

Originally Posted by stacie0129 My father-in-law installed 4 free firewalls on our computer. We are using Microsoft Antispyware, AVG Free Virus Vault, Spybot, Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE. We haven't had any problems. those aren't fire walls exactly. avg's is the antivirus, microsoft antispyware is a program that protects from spyware but after it gets ON your computer, spybot is for spyware too, and adaware is for spyware. you need a firewall program something that runs to block people from getting into your computer on open ports (which can happen)

Latest posts

Back