Firewalls.. what do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Anya1976 those aren't fire walls exactly. avg's is the antivirus, microsoft antispyware is a program that protects from spyware but after it gets ON your computer, spybot is for spyware too, and adaware is for spyware. you need a firewall program something that runs to block people from getting into your computer on open ports (which can happen)

Thanks for the info Angela! I don't know what we have then, if anything. I will check out ZoneAlarm.

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Yeah, I think I have heard of them before, but I dont have any first hand knowledge of any of their products. I'm happy to try their software out just because you really like it... that's good enough for me!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Our IT tech at work is all for CA products -he just recently went for training to be able to use/sell their software for his clients. He recommended it to me and uses it for all his customers. He is a genius when it comes to the pc's - so If he uses them to protect the networks of big $$ companies, then its good enough to use at home for me! lol
wink.gif

Originally Posted by stacie0129 Thanks for the info Angela! I don't know what we have then, if anything. I will check out ZoneAlarm. no problem
smile.gif
my uncles who build computers and everything use zone alarm my one uncle is like the smartest computer guy i know he helps me with all my computer issues so if he uses zone alarm on his home computer it must be good or he'd find something else lol

Back