Quantcast

First Mac product ever.....

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
804
Reaction score
0
Just got my first MAC product in the mail today. I am fair skinned and normally freckled, but with the addition of the ole brown patchy, darkening of my natural freckles especially on my face. I emailed a "Mac consultant" and they advised my on the letter/ number system for foundations. I wanted to see how even and covered, yet still non "made up" I could get. She advised me on the "full coverage foundation." Perfect color, perfect coverage and almost can't see the freckles!!! I love it .....now what should I get next?


 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Welcome to MUT Kerri! I'm Joy from Los Angeles.

You'll find a lot of MAC fiends here, myself included.
I suggest you get some eye shadow or eyeliner next. What color eyes/hair do you have?

For eyeshadow colors, check out Trisha's notepad. It has much better color representation than the MAC website. She also has an awesome picture tutorial on how to do a colorful eye design. Also... you may want to check out D'Bohemia, coming out on May 5th (for fun, vivid summer colors).

 
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
804
Reaction score
0
Thanks Joy! I am blue-eyed and auburn haired....I saw Trisha's notepad and it looked incredible. I was thinking about a fluidline next. Not sure what color. My interest is already peaked for these new MAC lines I just read about.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Welcome to MUT Kerri! I'm Joy from Los Angeles.
You'll find a lot of MAC fiends here, myself included.
I suggest you get some eye shadow or eyeliner next. What color eyes/hair do you have?

For eyeshadow colors, check out Trisha's notepad. It has much better color representation than the MAC website. She also has an awesome picture tutorial on how to do a colorful eye design. Also... you may want to check out D'Bohemia, coming out on May 5th (for fun, vivid summer colors).

 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by kerri Thanks Joy! I am blue-eyed and auburn haired....I saw Trisha's notepad and it looked incredible. I was thinking about a fluidline next. Not sure what color. My interest is already peaked for these new MAC lines I just read about. The Fluidlines are great! No more liquid liner for me, lol!

What is your makeup style? Natural/dramatic/funky/classic etc? With your coloring, it could be really fun to try some greens (Surreal, Shimmermoss, Sprout etc) or maybe copper/bronze colors (ie: Mythology & Honey Lust) to make those blue eyes pop!

 
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
804
Reaction score
0
Hi! Well to be honest my style is natural, with a tendency to go more dramatic just in the eye area. In other words, since my eyes are probably my best facial feature, I am not afraid to use dark charcoal, violets, lavender. I have some bronze but for some reason (urban decay) I don't end up using it as much. I would love to try some greens because I have gold flecks in my blue eyes. Thanky you for those suggestions!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux The Fluidlines are great! No more liquid liner for me, lol!

What is your makeup style? Natural/dramatic/funky/classic etc? With your coloring, it could be really fun to try some greens (Surreal, Shimmermoss, Sprout etc) or maybe copper/bronze colors (ie: Mythology & Honey Lust) to make those blue eyes pop!

 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Yea, try some green eyeliners from MAC like Tealo, Forever Green, Rosemary & Thyme etc!

 
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
804
Reaction score
0
Liners, but not the shadows in green? or both......thanks

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Yea, try some green eyeliners from MAC like Tealo, Forever Green, Rosemary & Thyme etc!
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
welcome to MUT!!

there are ton of MAC fans on here. So you'll get lots of help. hehe


do you not have a MAC counter nearby to check out their products? Trisha and a bunch of us have pics in out notepads that have MAC products if you want to check out the different eyeshadow colors.

one of my favorite natural combos for eyes are Shroom, Mulch, and Embark. I use Shroom as an all over eye color, then Mulch in the outer corner/crease, and Embark as the liner even though it's an eye shadow. If you want to add some more to it maybe for a nighttime look, Embark in the outer v also.

 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Welcome to MuT Kerri
I love Mac eyeshadows and just can't live without them
You will be happy with them.

Originally Posted by kerri Liners, but not the shadows in green? or both......thanks
 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by kerri Liners, but not the shadows in green? or both......thanks Both! You could do either!
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Welcome to MuT Kerri! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you! I just got addicted to MAC a few months ago... and I'll never look back! LOL :icon_love Everything is so well made & so nice that I haven't been disappointed yet!


 
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Welcome to MAC addicts anonymous lol

I have blue eyes i did a FOTD on saturday with teals and it turned out great shimmermoss, surreal, aquadisiac, and steamy those are great colors. i have some shadows in my notepad as well

 
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
804
Reaction score
0
Thank you all for the welcomes to the site. I have been reading and watching for a little bit before posting a question. I can tell there are a lot of MAC fans on here. My next major investment will be some high quality brushes. This is a confusing market. I have looked at Bobbi Brown and MAC for starters.....but I know that high cost doesn't always mean "the best" but I think I couldn't go wrong with either. Do you all just buy brushes from different makers or collect from one make? I am about to order a couple of shadows ...my first again.........from MAC.....I have been a Stila e/s girl for a while.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by kerri Thank you all for the welcomes to the site. I have been reading and watching for a little bit before posting a question. I can tell there are a lot of MAC fans on here. My next major investment will be some high quality brushes. This is a confusing market. I have looked at Bobbi Brown and MAC for starters.....but I know that high cost doesn't always mean "the best" but I think I couldn't go wrong with either. Do you all just buy brushes from different makers or collect from one make? I am about to order a couple of shadows ...my first again.........from MAC.....I have been a Stila e/s girl for a while. Most of my brushes are from an art n' craft store (Michael's) and honestly they're great... (and cheap - usually under $9 ea. - most of mine were like $3 or $4) and I really can't tell the difference!
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by charms23 oh oh my goodness! I forgot to mention that after reading about it here, I went to the arts and crafts store today and bought three brushes! I'm so excited about it - they're so cheap and soft at the same time.
I love mine! They have so many choices... between the type of brush and the type of bristle... you can find a brush for EVERYTHING! And they don't shed, they last a looooong time, and you get perfect applications! I tried a MAC Shadow brush that my friend has - that I have in a "art" version... and honestly I couldn't tell the difference. Actually I like the results from my brushes better - I don't have to layer on the color a million times, and blending is a breeze! Enjoy em' Charmaine!!
 
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
804
Reaction score
0
Okay! Just spent 80.00 more with Nordstroms.com and ordered Mac e/s juxt and sprout as well as fluidline blue peep.....and a mac foundation brush for my new full coverage foundation. Argh.......the money she goes!!

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by kerri Okay! Just spent 80.00 more with Nordstroms.com and ordered Mac e/s juxt and sprout as well as fluidline blue peep.....and a mac foundation brush for my new full coverage foundation. Argh.......the money she goes!! LOL I know what ya mean!
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Janelle, what number is that shadow brush you bought from Micheal's?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I love mine! They have so many choices... between the type of brush and the type of bristle... you can find a brush for EVERYTHING! And they don't shed, they last a looooong time, and you get perfect applications! I tried a MAC Shadow brush that my friend has - that I have in a "art" version... and honestly I couldn't tell the difference. Actually I like the results from my brushes better - I don't have to layer on the color a million times, and blending is a breeze! Enjoy em' Charmaine!!
 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
I love Mac and I know what you mean how fast the money can run toward Mac counter....


Originally Posted by kerri Okay! Just spent 80.00 more with Nordstroms.com and ordered Mac e/s juxt and sprout as well as fluidline blue peep.....and a mac foundation brush for my new full coverage foundation. Argh.......the money she goes!!
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by lilla Janelle, what number is that shadow brush you bought from Micheal's? My favorite one for e/s is by Loew-Cornell, it's a purple'ish handle, says : 3/8 #270 Maxine's Mop


 

Latest posts

Top