first trip to the derm!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i went there, expecting her just to give me some advice on what i should do about my face and body. my body has acne, which is gross and sometimes looks okay, but other times, it's gross, especially my chest. my face is pretty much clear (except during that time of the month), but is so uneven.

so, here's what i was prescribed. i'd love any feedback on it, if anyone has tried it, or have known someone who has.

• differin (3 days a week), which i've heard good things about from janelle, and i'm excited because i was about to ask to prescribe this for me
    icon_cheesygrin.gif
  • triaz cleanser with 3% benzoyl peroxide
  • dynacin (minocycline) tablets 100 mg
  • clindagel (sp?)
i bought cetaphil cleanser which works pretty well (i've used it before) and i'm looking to buy a moisturizer with SPF in it because i'd hate to apply it separately.
thanks for any feedback
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i went there, expecting her just to give me some advice on what i should do about my face and body. my body has acne, which is gross and sometimes looks okay, but other times, it's gross, especially my chest. my face is pretty much clear (except during that time of the month), but is so uneven.
so, here's what i was prescribed. i'd love any feedback on it, if anyone has tried it, or have known someone who has.

• differin (3 days a week), which i've heard good things about from janelle, and i'm excited because i was about to ask to prescribe this for me
    icon_cheesygrin.gif
  • triaz cleanser with 3% benzoyl peroxide
  • dynacin (minocycline) tablets 100 mg
  • clindagel (sp?)
i bought cetaphil cleanser which works pretty well (i've used it before) and i'm looking to buy a moisturizer with SPF in it because i'd hate to apply it separately.
thanks for any feedback
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yup!!! I love that Differin Gel!!! :icon_love Its my little magic potion against zits... I think that Clindagel is supposed to be similar, but I'm not positive on that - I've heard someone mention that before. But I think you will really like the Differin - its awesome & it's not very drying either (on me anyway, & I usually start peeling from acne meds before the zit is even gone) but not w/ differin... seems to just make it disappear!
smile.gif
I use to use Oxy10 back in the day, and it never seemed like the pimple got any smaller, but the skin on & around it would dry up and peel - yet the zit still remained... Differin's something that finally attacks the zit without attacking my skin...
smile.gif

When I was in my late teens I had acne and I recall my mom taking me to the derm. Back then I remember being prescribed Tetracycline Tablets, Clindamycin lotion and some beige colored lotion called Sulfacet.

All three worked like a charm and cleared my skin right up.

i want to go to the derm so they can tell me what to do. i also want to get microdermabrasion from them, or a face peel.
icon_redface.gif

I used to use Clindagel and Differin, it worked pretty well but after a while my derm switched me to Clindagel and Tazorac which worked even better. Now I'm using OTC stuff hoping to save money (and because I'm too lazy to find a new derm after I moved!) but it's not working that well so I may break down and go back to the doctor
frown.gif

I'm currently using an OTC product with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and seems to be working pretty well, I haven't used it long ... many creams have 10% benzoyl peroxide and that usually dries out my skin.

Originally Posted by Trisha Really?? Would this help to diminish acne scars i have that are slightly darker than my skin? Oooh I have these too - DO TELL KIM!
icon_eek.gif

thanks for the replies!

looks like what i was prescribed will help some. my acne isn't bad (except for my body sometimes), so i'm sure the process won't be a pain.

thanks again!

Originally Posted by destiny how much $$ is differin? i have no idea because my insurance covers it, but i just found out i need authorization to get it, so i had to call them up, fax shit over, then they had to get faxed the forms, etc., so i won't get it for another week or so
mad.gif

Latest posts

Back