Five Hot Spring Shoe Trends

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Step Out in Style With Five Hot Spring Shoe Trends

<!--BEGIN RIGHT-ALIGNED TABLE--><!--END RIGHT-ALIGNED TABLE--><!--BSHSTARTBODY-->By Lisa Kovalovich

More magazine

Shopping for spring fashion can make even the coldest winter months seem tolerable. But if you're not quite ready for the three-way mirrors and pasty-skin baring that come with shopping for spring clothes, take a detour to another department: shoes! Here, five spring shoe trends we love -- snap 'em up now (no dressing room required): Wedge Sandal

This spring, kick off your spindly heels -- wedges are back! These '70s-inspired heels are comfy and stable, and at the same time totally stylish in a laid-back, weekend kind of way. Our favorite wedges of the season: espadrilles with woven or straw detail on the heel and ribbon ankle ties.

T-Strap Heels

The proper T-strap heel makes a comeback this season, but this time around, it's embellished. We love T-straps with detailing on the straps -- think suede cutouts, chunky faux jewels and turquoise, even metallic leather. Heels are either sleek and slim or curvy wedges. Designers paired T-straps with everything from short circle skirts to slim pants to long gowns.

Prints

Canvas and straw aren't the only trendy shoe materials for spring; printed fabrics and beading are everywhere, too. Today's prints run the gamut from ultra-feminine, delicate flowers on a wedge heel to granny-funky embroidery on a mule to hippie-style beading on a moccasin thong. Tip: Make printed shoes the focus of your outfit, and keep your other pieces neutral.

Preppy Flats

Flats continue to stay in season, but this spring, they take a decidedly preppy turn. Jaunty designers showed patent, feminine loafers, pink-and-green Mary Janes, and comfy Birkenstock-type thongs in preppy prints. Most of these styles are perfect for relaxed weekend wear; the more tailored ones can even go to the office in summer months. Grecian Sandals

If you're not in the mood for sky-high wedges or T-straps, but need something more relaxed than a preppy flat, try a flat Grecian sandal. These leather, woven slip-ons are reminiscent of Bass styles from the '80s, but the 2005 versions are sleeker, with richly-colored leather and pretty, Grecian accents like ankle ties.

Excited about the wearing wedges again. Still can't find any Grecian sandals in-store but I'm sure they'll arrive soon.

oh one of my favorite topics "SHOES'!!! I love all of these except for flats. I dont do well with flats, they make my back hurt, seems like im too useto heels. Cant wait to see the new sandals that are coming out for spring.Thanks for posting this.

Latest posts

Back