Flats are back!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
CX%7B%7B0QIVQR2P%60%5B-G%7D+A4P,.jpg

Name: Lara Alcantara

Shoes: Aldo

Style: Basic jeans get a bohemian makeover with oversize sunglasses, an ethnic-inspired scarf, and these funky flats with heart-shaped details. It's important to get the length of your pants just right. These jeans are perfect -- short enough to keep from dragging under flats but long enough to lengthen legs.

By Sasha Emmons

0E+2F~C5NXYUIZ%5DI~1XS,.jpg

Name: Candace Spann

Shoes: Esprit

Style: Punk meets ladylike in these grommeted, pointy black flats. Flats dress up these denim capris, making them Casual Friday appropriate

ss_model06crop.jpg

Name: Marisol Antunez

Shoes: Payless

Style: Since flats won't do much to make legs look longer, be sure to pair them with flattering skirts, like this black, knee-length A-line. Mary Jane-style flats complete this feminine look.

ss_model08crop.jpg

Name: Laura Eckstein

Shoes: Sam & Libby

Style: An unexpected pop of red gives your favorite lived-in jeans new life. Pointy toes mean shoes won't be buried under bootcut legs.

ss_model13crop.jpg

Name: Dina Alessi

Shoes: Diane B

Style: The best part about flats? They can be comfy and elegant. These sleek black flats, adorned with a flower, tie this black-and-white combo together perfectly.

Source: Ladies Home Journal

biggrin.gif
I love those Daisy ones and the black patent, my daughter has a pair for school like that. I just got a pair of pale blue suede slouch boots with a wedge heel but its really hot today so by the time winter comes they will be like yesterday

Those are way cute! I am looking for a pair, I actually dont own any flats except for flip flops. I am only 5'2 so I feel really short in flats, but I'm gonna give it a try!

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk
biggrin.gif
I love those Daisy ones and the black patent, my daughter has a pair for school like that. I just got a pair of pale blue suede slouch boots with a wedge heel but its really hot today so by the time winter comes they will be like yesterday

Originally Posted by shoediva
CX%7B%7B0QIVQR2P%60%5B-G%7D+A4P,.jpg
Name: Lara Alcantara

Shoes: Aldo

Style: Basic jeans get a bohemian makeover with oversize sunglasses, an ethnic-inspired scarf, and these funky flats with heart-shaped details. It's important to get the length of your pants just right. These jeans are perfect -- short enough to keep from dragging under flats but long enough to lengthen legs.

By Sasha Emmons

0E+2F~C5NXYUIZ%5DI~1XS,.jpg

Name: Candace Spann

Shoes: Esprit

Style: Punk meets ladylike in these grommeted, pointy black flats. Flats dress up these denim capris, making them Casual Friday appropriate

ss_model06crop.jpg

Name: Marisol Antunez

Shoes: Payless

Style: Since flats won't do much to make legs look longer, be sure to pair them with flattering skirts, like this black, knee-length A-line. Mary Jane-style flats complete this feminine look.

ss_model08crop.jpg

Name: Laura Eckstein

Shoes: Sam & Libby

Style: An unexpected pop of red gives your favorite lived-in jeans new life. Pointy toes mean shoes won't be buried under bootcut legs.

ss_model13crop.jpg

Name: Dina Alessi

Shoes: Diane B

Style: The best part about flats? They can be comfy and elegant. These sleek black flats, adorned with a flower, tie this black-and-white combo together perfectly.

Source: Ladies Home Journal

Those Aldo shoes are really cute. But the red Sam and Libby's look odd to me. The flower shoes are almost cute except for if you blow on them they might spin like pinwheels.
I am trying to face my 'inner dwarf' and pull off some of those flats! LOL! I'll be short as heck!

Flats can be really cute, especially ballet flats. Those flats those women are wearing are really cute.

I'm happy they're back, though I never stopped wearing them!Even though I'm just 5'4 and 1/2" inch, I love ballet flats(come in so many varieties)and a few other types, and it's like they let my feet exhale the way heels don't--when I wore heels, it was like I was always holding my breath, never entirely comfortable.

Thanks for the post!

Never owned a pair of flats, but I am reconsidering! If I can wear them in the winter and fall...that would be cool, too. Haha.

I personally like wedges. Just bought 3 pair of Areosoles "Kin Ship" Cute and comfy. I do like flats too!

Flats rock! They're comfortable and cute and go with almost everything!!!

I actually never realised there was a time when they were 'out'.

I prefer heels, but I'm glad they're back in for people who don't like to wear heels.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back