Florida Area?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone here from Florida specifically Central Florida/Orlando Area?? I'm trying to do some research on relocating there.

I'm about 1.5 hours west of Orlando, in the St. Pete/Tampa Bay area. I'll be in Orlando on the 19th/20th for a meeting. If there's anything you'd like me to pick up, let me know!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Edited to say: I mean if you want me to send you some local real estate mags or newspapers. I'm sure the m/u selection is better where you're at!

Hi Diva,

I'm from north central Florida, a town called Ocala. I'm about 80 miles north of Orlando, I'll be glad to help any way I can, just ask
smile.gif

Okay, I'm going to editorialize on the Orlando area.
icon_biggrin.gif

The weather is pretty and there's LOTS to do, but by some standards Orlando has two big issues.

1. Crime is pretty high. Not as bad as NYC but still in the top 10% of metro areas for highest crime per capita.

2. Public school support for the Orlando area is below average. Funding is usually tight for schools and the number of pupils per classroom teacher is above average. Not that it's BAD-BAD, it's just not very good.

One other issue that may or may not affect you: lack of seasons. I know many former "Yankees" who are split on this issue. Some love the Florida weather and total lack of seasons (even around Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas) while others rue the day they moved here because of those very same reasons. Remember, you'll never have another multicolor autumn, cozy Thanksgiving or White Christmas.
wink.gif

Hey shoediva! I actually lived an hour west of Orlando for most of my life! I moved from NY when I was 8 or 9, and only moved from Florida when I got married in January 2003. Now I live in Houston, Texas.

What would you like to know about the area? My family still lives there, and I am very familiar with the Central Florida/Orlando area.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back