...for 2008?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea for a thread Celly!! I want to do alot next year. I'm trying not to be TOO ambitious because then I won't beat myself up when I don't accomplish them all. But...

1.) I need to get myself in a pile financially. Too much debt and I hate that.

2.) Learn to take smaller steps. I try to do everything and when I can't I get overwhelmed and go into freeze mode and do nothing.

3.) Get more organized. I'm now a single parent and I feel like my life and my mind are so scattered all the time. I want to be a better role model for my daughter.

4.) I'd like to lose more wieght. I've lost some, but I'd like to get back to where I was when I moved back to NY. So...that would require about another 25-30 lbs. Ughhh!! I wish I didn't like food so much! LOL!!

1. Start keeping track of money and start taking care of my student loan bill (that's a big source of anxiety and I know I have to deal with it but it's so overwhelming!)

2. Get in the habit of regular exercise and healthy eating, lose some weight.

3. Get married
smile.gif

4. Improve my attendance at work so I can have a good chance at getting a better job either within the company or outside of it, a job where I won't be stuck on the phone all day.

just quickly, HA to the losing weight goal of mine... i know what i have to do in order to lose weight but sometimes I just feel so down I NEED a few kfc fries. not to mention, my stick thin jerk ass of a bf never puts a pound on and eats like a heiffer. Makes me feel like not making an effort at all!

so yeah, just thought Id be clear on that issue right now. It'd be foolish to think of losing weight in 2008 as a goal since i dont think it will happen. SIGH

rotfl.gif

this will be my 50th year! i'm so excited! the thing most important to me happened in 2007 (my son graduated from college), so 2008 is all about me! i don't think i'll make too many plans, just kind of let it flow and enjoy each and every day. i've spent most of my life chasing something or trying to get somewhere. it feel good to just BE for a change! if i had to pick something i'm thinking maybe a graduate degree is in my future!

Good topic.

I have a lot of plans for 2008. I want to travel to some far-off exotic places, visit my sister, complete my degree and apply for a job.

1) Get my license

2) Have the rest of my teeth worked on

3) get a job to pay back my parents for my teeth and to help pay for my bros second baby

4) Start being more active and eat healthier

5) Get all As and Bs to bring my GPA up

6) and have another wonderful year with my boyfriend, friends and family

I got a ton of plans for 2008:

1. lose about 50 pounds

2. Me and Richard are going to a cabin in the mountains to relax for a week

3. Get Mario 2 more levels above his grade.

4. Teach Trey how to read

5. Get Willow one level above her grade

6. Start my student teaching so I can run get my teaching license

7. Work on my Master's degree

8. Find a job, a good job

I left out plenty!

Woop.

Change those "I want" and "I'd like" to "I will"... hopefully it all happens for you guys!

Motivate yourselves and take on one challenge or whatever, one at a time!

I'mma be bumping this thread, you best believe it.
biggrin.gif

I thought of another thing! the bf and I agreed that we'd like to travel, but we have decided in order to give us time to earn money to afford it that we'd wait until 2010 to go. I want to (I WILL, Celly, LOL) make a file about different countries and where I'd like to go and basically build up a collection of resources that will help me choose from a big list of possibles.

AND.. get a good stable job to assist with the paying of this holiday, LOL

Well 2007 pretty much sucked for me. I didnt do anything constructive or contributory to my life and future and in the space of one year managed to get kicked out of university, get fired from my job and lose my boyfriend lol.

so 2008...

i'm 23 tomorrow so i'm gonna go work abroad next summer (if i can be brave enough!) i figure i gotta do it now while i have no mortgage/kids/commitment

when i come back i'm gonna apply to and hopefully get into another university and this time i'm gonna work hard, not slack and get my nursing degree cos its the only thing i wanna do.

hoping to keep my weight at about 8 stone and maybe tone up a little.

Cool thread topic. It's interesting seeing what everyone has in common.

Okay, so my list is

1. Get my GPA up (not leave things to the last moment ect)

2. Get into the student exchange program and keep my money saved to go overseas!

3. Try not to be so moody with the bf lol

4. Stop being indecisive about simple choices

5. Relax and love life sticking to the concept that i can't control everything and be such a perfectionist.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I thought of another thing! the bf and I agreed that we'd like to travel, but we have decided in order to give us time to earn money to afford it that we'd wait until 2010 to go. I want to (I WILL, Celly, LOL) make a file about different countries and where I'd like to go and basically build up a collection of resources that will help me choose from a big list of possibles.
AND.. get a good stable job to assist with the paying of this holiday, LOL

Haha, woman... you better say I Will.That sounds like a cool idea, actually. About the files of different countries. I might steal that... if I can remember to do it later.

Originally Posted by jakk-attakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well 2007 pretty much sucked for me. I didnt do anything constructive or contributory to my life and future and in the space of one year managed to get kicked out of university, get fired from my job and lose my boyfriend lol.
so 2008...

i'm 23 tomorrow so i'm gonna go work abroad next summer (if i can be brave enough!) i figure i gotta do it now while i have no mortgage/kids/commitment

when i come back i'm gonna apply to and hopefully get into another university and this time i'm gonna work hard, not slack and get my nursing degree cos its the only thing i wanna do.

hoping to keep my weight at about 8 stone and maybe tone up a little.

Aw, hope next year is better.Studying or working abroad sounds really cool...

Tell those that I love how I really feel about them.

Manage money better

Lose weight

Get a grip on my life

Accept things that I cannot change

Stop whining. LOL

I'm so ready for a new year!

in 08 I will

1. Complete my first year of teaching and take more opportunities for professional development.

2. Go to Colorado in the Spring and Italy in the summer

3. Save more money

4. Move

And I'm hoping for a proposal sometime this year!

Oh lord:

Regain some abbage... I so miss the toned body I one had
frown.gif

Move back to Fl

Get a banging job that PAYS ME WHAT I SHOULD BE PAID!!!!! GRRRR

Visit my friends in Japan

Go home for Christmas

Save more money

Club some unsuspecting dude, drag him back to my lair, and feed him sweat rice so he never leaves me
biggrin.gif

lol!

Latest posts

Back