Fortune Cookie Soap: 2014 Spring Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Imberis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For anyone that has ever had something in the "Sally" fragrance from the Nightmare Before Christmas collection, if you remember what it smells like, could you tell me if it smells like coconut to you?

I ordered a body butter in "Sally" and got it today. I was expecting a fresh laundry kind of a smell, but instead it smells like coconut. Nice, but very coconutty. Someone in one of the reviews on FCS's website said it smells like Yankee Candles "Clean Cotton," and it smells nothing like that to me! I feel like I got the wrong scent in here or something.

I have Sally - soap and two different bottles of the room freshener - not coconut scented but like fresh laundry/cotton scented. Never had Clean Cotton from Yankee Candles but mine reminds me of when you have freshly washed laundry using something like Sun detergent.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have Sally - soap and two different bottles of the room freshener - not coconut scented but like fresh laundry/cotton scented. Never had Clean Cotton from Yankee Candles but mine reminds me of when you have freshly washed laundry using something like Sun detergent.

That's the smell I was expecting, the fresh detergent smell. They've been nice enough to send me a new container of the Sally body butter, so this one should smell more like what I was expecting. Plus it'll go way better with my Make It Rain sugar scrub.

Is there a Summer Soap Box thread yet? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I placed a small order for the whipped cream and roll-on perfume, both in Make it Rain (I am obsessed!), and one of the wooden soap dishes to keep my cookie soaps on until they collapse and are relegated to the soap saver (which I knit myself out of cotton). I have to keep my orders small as the shipping starts at expensive and moves up to ridonkulous with each addition of product. (Canada, sigh.) Love the cuticle butter. The scent is too sweet to be my fave, but far from the worst in the box, and that little sucker is going to last forever!

Back