Fortune Cookie Soap Box : Summer Soap Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Instagram, I know what the mystery product is!

Solid sunblock. I thought it might have been lip balm.
My blood sugar is dangerously low (our lunch order got screwed up, so it's taking an extra hour to get fixed), so reading the card is making me dizzy, but I'll give it another shot tonight when I get home from work if no one beats me to it.

I got my box today! Love new box goodies. I had no email or notice that it was coming so it was a nice surprise to come home to. One of the items is a jelly and the heat completely melted it. I wonder if I should stick it in the fridge.

I got my box today! Love new box goodies. I had no email or notice that it was coming so it was a nice surprise to come home to. One of the items is a jelly and the heat completely melted it. I wonder if I should stick it in the fridge.
If it's anything like the ones Lush sells, it's actually recommended that you keep them in the fridge in the summer so they're nice and cool in the heat. ETA: Refreshing! That's the word I was trying to remember.

I got my box today and I could smell it as soon as I opened my mailbox. I haven't had a chance to open it but I think I know what one of the scents are and it made me super happy!

Ooh, no tracking activity on my box -- until it magically showed up as delivered today! I had been thinking about going to a movie after work, but now I'm headed directly home. And I get to leave in twenty minutes!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, no tracking activity on my box -- until it magically showed up as delivered today! I had been thinking about going to a movie after work, but now I'm headed directly home. And I get to leave in twenty minutes!
Yippee! Excited to hear what you think! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box came as well. My Jelly Shot also melted. Read on Fortune Cookie's FB page that other people have received melted Jelly Shots as well.

Hmmm where do you live zadidoll? I hope mine didn't melt. It was rainy and in the 50's today *fingers crossed* I'm not familiar with their products. Is there a way to remedy it?

Okay, for those who want a box line-up, here it is!  Scent names in bold, descriptions from the card, my comments in parentheses:

• One in a Melon Fortune Cookie Soap -- watermelon Jolly Rancher
  • I Scream You Scream Sugar Scrub -- creamy vanilla, sweet strawberries, & chocolate ganache
  • Body Shot Don't Be Jelly -- raspberry lemonade.  (Note:  This was slightly melty when I got it out of the mailbox, so it went directly into the fridge for a couple of hours while I made a grocery store run.  It worked beautifully, and I would actually recommend keeping this baby in the fridge in the summer in part because it will get gooshy if left out in the heat but mainly because it's nice to have cool stuff when it's hot out)
  • Aquaholic Sea Salt Hair Spritz -- pina colada
  • Mother Pucker Shower Steamer -- (no scent description, but I just used it, and to me, it's citrusy, like lemon-lime.)
  • What? It's Five O'Clock Somewhere! Whipped Cream -- fruity cocktails with the colorful umbrellas
  • Do You Salsa Or Mango? OCD Hand Sanitizer -- island mango & citrus lime with hints of chile and cilantro
  • …Where the Sun Don't Shine Solid Sunscreen Stick -- coconut-y banana

I've tried the sugar scrub (love the product, not big on the chocolate part of the scent, so I'll get this is a different scent.  It's great for shaving my legs!  The sugar melts down, leaving a nice slick for the razor to glide down), Don't Be Jelly (love the scent *and* the product!  Too bad I'm on a shower gel no-buy for, like, literally years), and Shower Steamer (it didn't thrill me, but I'm glad that they sent out a non-bathtub item).  Tomorrow, I'll try the rest.  The summer line apparently launches next Saturday, and they didn't send out preview boxes (so everyone is getting their boxes at approximately the same time whether they're subscribers or official reviewers), so box reviews will undoubtedly start going up this weekend.

I got mine too and my jelly was melted too...I'm not too worried about it, though. I doubt I will keep it in the fridge since my shower is on the second floor. I can't wait to try some of these goodies out...I think I'm going to really like this sub!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, for those who want a box line-up, here it is!  Scent names in bold, descriptions from the card, my comments in parentheses:

• One in a Melon Fortune Cookie Soap -- watermelon Jolly Rancher
  • I Scream You Scream Sugar Scrub -- creamy vanilla, sweet strawberries, & chocolate ganache
  • Body Shot Don't Be Jelly -- raspberry lemonade.  (Note:  This was slightly melty when I got it out of the mailbox, so it went directly into the fridge for a couple of hours while I made a grocery store run.  It worked beautifully, and I would actually recommend keeping this baby in the fridge in the summer in part because it will get gooshy if left out in the heat but mainly because it's nice to have cool stuff when it's hot out)
  • Aquaholic Sea Salt Hair Spritz -- pina colada
  • Mother Pucker Shower Steamer -- (no scent description, but I just used it, and to me, it's citrusy, like lemon-lime.)
  • What? It's Five O'Clock Somewhere! Whipped Cream -- fruity cocktails with the colorful umbrellas
  • Do You Salsa Or Mango? OCD Hand Sanitizer -- island mango & citrus lime with hints of chile and cilantro
  • …Where the Sun Don't Shine Solid Sunscreen Stick -- coconut-y banana

I've tried the sugar scrub (love the product, not big on the chocolate part of the scent, so I'll get this is a different scent.  It's great for shaving my legs!  The sugar melts down, leaving a nice slick for the razor to glide down), Don't Be Jelly (love the scent *and* the product!  Too bad I'm on a shower gel no-buy for, like, literally years), and Shower Steamer (it didn't thrill me, but I'm glad that they sent out a non-bathtub item).  Tomorrow, I'll try the rest.  The summer line apparently launches next Saturday, and they didn't send out preview boxes (so everyone is getting their boxes at approximately the same time whether they're subscribers or official reviewers), so box reviews will undoubtedly start going up this weekend.

My youngest pretending to eat the fortune cookie soap. LOL I have a feeling that is going to disappear and probably soon. LOL

The sugar scrub was... interesting. I'm not entirely sure if I like it or not due to the hint of chocolate. To me chocolate scent can come off as real or artificial (stinky) and I'm really on the fence with it.

My body shot was melted. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Luckily it didn't spill so I sat it over the vent under my desk and allowed the ice cold air to solidify it again and it was fine.

Aquaholic - love it. It DOES smell like pina colada.

Mother Pucker smells like Sun laundry detergent. I use to buy Sun just for the smell. It's a citrus scent.

The whipped cream....smells like a certain bubble gum I use to chew as a kid. The one with a zebra on it and it has strips.

OCD hand sanitizer... my middle girl loved Dirty Hoe from the previous box (I need to buy her more) and likes this one as well.

Oops with the sunscreen stick... thought it was lip balm. LOL

The items will be up on their site on the 15th if I recall right.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The whipped cream....smells like a certain bubble gum I use to chew as a kid. The one with a zebra on it and it has strips.
Did you see the mini collection they released this week (maybe even just released today)?  Gum!  Big Red air freshener, bubblegum Don't Be Jelly, Doublemint shampoo bar, and... Fruit Stripe Fortune Cookie Soap!  Well, okay, they named it after the zebra on the pack, but my love of the Beastie Boys forces me to look for every opportunity to use "Fruit Stripe."

LOL Fruit Stripe! THAT'S the name! I'm always forgetting it but I remember the zebra on it. LOL Loved that gum as a kid. Yes, I'm eying that mini collection.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL Fruit Stripe! THAT'S the name! I'm always forgetting it but I remember the zebra on it. LOL Loved that gum as a kid. Yes, I'm eying that mini collection.
Haha...that was my favorite gum! I was always so miffed because the flavor didn't last long enough.

Omg i cant stop smelling everything!!!! Any advice on how to use the body shot jelly? The texture is completely new to me! I can't wait to try everything! Hubby is curious about the shower steamer. So am I! He says if its cool, he wants me to buy him some. I was kind of hoping for a bathtub item but that's okay! This is a super fun box! I'm definitely gonna stick around!

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Omg i cant stop smelling everything!!!! Any advice on how to use the body shot jelly? The texture is completely new to me! I can't wait to try everything! Hubby is curious about the shower steamer. So am I! He says if its cool, he wants me to buy him some. I was kind of hoping for a bathtub item but that's okay! This is a super fun box! I'm definitely gonna stick around!
I'm really curious about the jelly (I didn't get the box but I am thinking I will be ordering the fall one, possibly some products before then...) 

I didn't get the box, but it all sounds so good that I ended up ordering a few things, and I will most likely be gettin the fall box.

If the jelly gets too melty, fridge it. If it's anything like the ones from Lush, it will be fine at room temp in cooler weather. I tried the sea salt spritz today. This is not a product for me because I like smooth, shiny hair, not beachy texture, but I'm digging the scent despite being a little queasy (sun + the slightest bit of heat + movie with some handheld camera work = not feeling so great). If they have this scent in other things, I might have to pick those other things up.

Latest posts

Back