FOTD - 100 Day No Buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally want to get in on this! I just need to remember to take pictures when I have daylight. Loving these gorgeous looks from all you pretty ladies!
Yay! We'll be so happy to have you join us!!

@@eastofthesun Thank you! I've never actually thought about my nose either way, so I'm glad to hear it's cute :) My glasses aren't from Warby Parker, they're from Seraphin by OGI. It's funny you mention that company though, all of my other pairs of (sun)glasses are from there, and I love them! The only reason I didn't get these from WP is I had flex dollars to burn before the end of the year (and didn't need 4 pairs of glasses), so I went to a real store.

My FOTD looked about the same the rest of the days this week, with a slight variation on how I used the eyeshadows. I found a look that was tolerable, but I can't wait for tomorrow when I can stop using it. I'm taking this as a sign that I need to get the trio out of my collection. I'm super excited to try out my quad next week, I think those shades are more up my alley!
Cool, thanks for answering my question about your glasses. Hehe, I just finally bit the bullet and ordered some rx sunnies from Warby Parker after thinking about it for forever. I included it as an exception to my no buy because I think it's really important to my eye health that I have them. They are also cute, and I love that the company gives a pair to charity for every pair someone buys!!!

I love this look! The blending looks great in my opinion (though I only learned what blending was in the past 6 months, so my opinion may be a bit uninformed). I have some colors like that pink/purple that i've been wanting to use, but am a bit afraid of. You've inspired me to go for it!
Thanks! I'm really new to blending (especially matte shades) so it's good to know it doesn't look too crazy!

Yeah, it's going to be a bit difficult to use up the same palette and still come up with different looks.... but maybe I'll allow myself to add in some other eyeshadows as long as I still use at least one or two shades from my pan palette.

Here's my look for today! I was playing around with all sorts of stuff and although in real life I looked like a hot mess, the iphone photo looks pretty decent! I like the look of it! I was wearing so much, though:

photo(48).JPG

OCC Skin Tint

Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation

Tarte Glisten blush

NYX Taupe blush as contour around hairline, jawline, under cheekbones, and around nose

Tarte matte black ES and Clinique matte brown ES as brow definer and on lower lashline

BITE Beauty for sephora Rouge lipstick under MAC Fleur d'Coral lipstick blotted with Tarte maracuja lipgloss in 'star' on top

Hard Candy 1000 lashes primer on eyelashes as base, and a different tube of the same product on brows to add fullness

Physician's Formula pink tube mascara

Lorac Front of the Line Pro black liner

NARS eyeliner as top tightline

Nailtini cream gloss eyeshadow in Ambrosia

Amy Head eyehsadow mosaic in confetti

And I think that's it.... that is so much! But I was just playing around, hope you like the look!!! I didn't use my pan palette today... I will excuse myself from it on the weekends, but will try to keep using it daily anyway.

I don't really like wearing makeup on weekends unless I'll be going somewhere, so if I apply it on the weekends, it'll mostly be for playing around with.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's FOTD time!!!!!

I pulled a face this time because we've got to keep it interesting!!!

This time I used the same stuff as yesterday, except I did not use the mosaic eyeshadow, and I didn't use the brow or lash primers. I also didn't use the lipgloss or the NARS eyeliner to tightline. Also didn't use the black eyeshadow for brows- just the brown clinique one mixed with a NYX brow powder.

photo(50).JPG 

Hey gals!

Ok, here are my FOTDs from yesterday and today:

IMG_1734.JPG

Yesterday, 1/12/15

I think I wore a sample of Jane Iredale poweder foundation, a sample of Benefit's Fake Up (horrible), NYX eyebrow powder, Blinc dark brown mascara (really wet and hard to work with- may be getting old), and NARS Rikugien lip crayon.

IMG_1737.JPG

Today, 1/13/15 No makeup, just happy skin!

I was so happy with my skin today that I am not going to wear makeup.

Last night I used a PTR cucumber mask sample, and then a MURAD Intensive C Radiance Peel, and finished with a sample of Fresh Seaberry facial oil. I woke up so happy with my skin!!!! I am wearing a little tiny bit of the Bite VIB Rouge lipstick with balm blended in.

Ok, so by the afternoon my skin stopped looking so glowing, and started looking more oily and kind of... just patchier. So I blotted my face with some blotting linens, and then applied makeup. I also just wanted to use up more of my palette.... and I feel like wearing makeup whenever possible helps me sharpen my skills, so here's my second FOTD for today, this time with makeup.

IMG_1745.JPG

Today's face!

Blush - Hello Waffle Inu

Eye shadow - GDE Baking Season

Lips - Kiss My Sass tinted balm in Just Peachy

Mascara - one that I tested for L'oreal. No idea what it is, but I like it!

Here's my FOTW, face of the week. I've moved on from the other shadow palette to the L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Quad in Out of the Blue. (It has a gold, a copper, a light blue and a dark blue). It's at least 4 years old, so I probably should have gotten rid of it a while ago. I remember now why I don't like the palette, the gold and copper are too warm for me. In the picture below I wore them over the barely branded color tattoo to make them cooler. On previous days, when I didn't' do that, they looked yellow and orange.   I think this might be out the door too at the end of the week.

The rest of my products are the same as last week.

I really need to learn to take these pictures before I work out and sweat off half my makeup!

Edited to spoiler the photo

tumblr_ni66xqNDSy1r0aqmoo1_400.jpg
tumblr_ni66xqNDSy1r0aqmoo2_400.jpg

Literally all I'm doing today is going to the dentist...

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Inked in Pink (base)
Kozmic Colours 50 palette (I know, right?)
GOSH Velvet touch eyeliners in Grape Stain (top) and Lemon Soda (bottom)
L'oreal Voluminous Natural mascara

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation (ughhh)
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
Essence All About Matt! Powder
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
SO MUCH POWDER it's bc I don't like the foundation.. I need to moisturize dammit.

Body Shop All in One blusher (project pan!)
Mac lip liner in cranberry (project pan!)
Bath and Bodyworks mentha lip treatment in lemon.

That purple is amazing! You look super cute!!!!!!!!! I'm also dying to see what you do with neutrals since you mentioned trying to start using them in another thread.

Here's my FOTD from 1/14 and today!

IMG_1750.JPG

1/14 was kind of a crappy day and I definitely look like it. Sometimes my eyelids get uneven because I have slightly hooded eyes and sometimes one folds up more than the other and I just look all asymmetrical, but whatever!!!

IMG_1759.JPG

Today- not too bad, but really terrible at putting on eyeshadow today.

Used my Monday Club stuff, except today I used e.l.f. mineral pearls as a powder instead of Hourglass Diffused Light, and also, I used NARS satin lip pencil in Rikugien instead of MUFE sephora b-day lipstick. Oh, I also used my sample of Benefit Fakeup instead of my NARS concealer today, just because it was easier. My mascara is getting really dry and I think it may be time to replace it, but .... I don't want to start using my samples because they aren't as good as this!!!!

Honestly, not really enjoying my makeup this week because I'm having a baddish week. I will hopefully figure out a better way to do my eyes if I watch some more tutorials on youtube for my palette.

So much pretty in this thread!  I"m about to go to bed, but commenting so I remember to share my looks in the future!  

OK maybe ONE crappy selfie from Tuesday!  Hello Waffle's Fey and Ethereal Voice shadows, GDE blush in Day Job, and my lippie is that TheBalm blush/lippie sample in Pie from Birchbox forever ago.  Never wore it before Tues because the packaging was "too cute" to use.  NO MORE.  I WILL MESS THAT SEXY COWBOY UP.

901692BF-C49B-4FE0-9773-8ACFA3D40BE3_zpspsydlpwn.jpg

So much pretty in this thread!  I"m about to go to bed, but commenting so I remember to share my looks in the future!  

OK maybe ONE crappy selfie from Tuesday!  Hello Waffle's Fey and Ethereal Voice shadows, GDE blush in Day Job, and my lippie is that TheBalm blush/lippie sample in Pie from Birchbox forever ago.  Never wore it before Tues because the packaging was "too cute" to use.  NO MORE.  I WILL MESS THAT SEXY COWBOY UP.
You are STUNNING!!!! If that's a crappy selfie for you, then I have no clue how much more pretty you can be! Just lovely!!! That also seems to be a great angle for you! Green looks wonderful on you. And your eyebrow game is just so good!!! Share more selfies!!!!!

Also- I hate when a product's packaging is so cute I feel like I don't want to use it. this happens to me all the time. In fact, I'm having that issue with my pan palette for 2015. I want to hit pan, but I hate messing it up. It's so silly! Hahah!

Edited to add my FOTD today! I went bolder with the eyeshadow today, and I hope it doesn't look overdone, though a male coworker of mine said something that made me think he thought I wasn't wearing makeup... hahah sometimes guys are so clueless!

IMG_1762.JPG

Sorry for the grouchy face! I think I was trying to look artful. HAHAH!

eyesfotd16.jpg

Opened up 3 more Hello Waffle colors this morning!  23 is above the crease, One of Us! across the lid, and Mozart in the crease and blended up.  It was a neutral look, but very strong and shimmery.  Lips are Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie gloss in Maverick, and I forgot how much it makes my lips "tingle" (aka BURN).  I'm gonna give it a few more tries, and give myself permission to toss it if I still don't like it.  It's sticky, my hair gets stuck in it, and of course, the burn.  But it's a pretty color!

8EC6E122-D05B-486F-BF31-E26F9D2DF9B3_zpsapttg1z9.jpg

and a closeup of my eye makeup (@@eastofthesun my brows need some work! Yikes!):

39884460-9cf3-480a-91cf-600703927cfd_zps27b21411.jpg

Today!
tumblr_nihdc8ss4a1r0aqmoo1_1280.jpg
(I'm at Tim Hortons, sorry for the recycling bins in the bg.)

Aside from my unchanging brow/face powder combo, I'm wearing..

MUFE HD blush sample
TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer on cheekbones and eyes
The Body Shop e/s single in some mauvey colour idk
Too Faced Jingle All the Way travel phone palette
Mac Cranberry lipliner (PP)
Rimmel Vinyl Gloss (PP)
Annabelle Stay Sharp liner in ultraviolet

@@eastofthesun, I'm not very good with neutrals yet! 

This is a matte look, I like shimmers better!
I actually think that looks pretty good! I kind of like shimmers better, but I have to have at least 2 mattes in my look. I'm doing all mattes with my pan palette, but .... I'm getting a bit sick of it! I'll have to dig through my stash and find a single shimmer to incorporate.

Opened up 3 more Hello Waffle colors this morning!  23 is above the crease, One of Us! across the lid, and Mozart in the crease and blended up.  It was a neutral look, but very strong and shimmery.  Lips are Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie gloss in Maverick, and I forgot how much it makes my lips "tingle" (aka BURN).  I'm gonna give it a few more tries, and give myself permission to toss it if I still don't like it.  It's sticky, my hair gets stuck in it, and of course, the burn.  But it's a pretty color!

8EC6E122-D05B-486F-BF31-E26F9D2DF9B3_zpsapttg1z9.jpg

and a closeup of my eye makeup (@@eastofthesun my brows need some work! Yikes!):

39884460-9cf3-480a-91cf-600703927cfd_zps27b21411.jpg
You look gorgeous! That lip color is soooo pretty! And I love the sublte metallic sheen from your eyeshadows!

Today!

(I'm at Tim Hortons, sorry for the recycling bins in the bg.)

Aside from my unchanging brow/face powder combo, I'm wearing..

MUFE HD blush sample

TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer on cheekbones and eyes

The Body Shop e/s single in some mauvey colour idk

Too Faced Jingle All the Way travel phone palette

Mac Cranberry lipliner (PP)

Rimmel Vinyl Gloss (PP)

Annabelle Stay Sharp liner in ultraviolet
Looking *really* good here. This is my favorite of the looks you've posted so far!

----

Here are some FOTDs that I haven't had a chance to post yet:

photo 1.JPG

FOTD 1/17/2015

Nothing special- doesn't even look like I'm wearing anything.

You can see my glittery nail polish!

photo 2.JPG

FOTD 1/18/2015

Again, nothing special I think, but I did kind of cake on the mascara, and I wore a red lip, but it's kind of sheered out.

photo(11).JPG

FOTD 1/21/2015

I used my DS of Tarte's Flawless primer, and I really like it so far! It's the first primer I've tried that actually feels good going on and is hydrating! I think it works pretty well under my BareMinerals BareSkin foundation.... but we'll see as the day goes on.

I need to try to kind of.... branch out in my looks, maybe try a cat eye or something... I don't want these to be boring and the same thing every day, hahah!

@@eastofthesun if you have any light purple eye shadow, I think it would look AMAZING on you!!!  You are so gorgeous, I'd love to see you try more color in your eye looks!  You have those fantastic big blue eyes, play 'em up!   :wub:

Sorry if this is sideways... I'm on my phone and don't know why it's rotating!

Today I'm wearing:

Porefessional primer

Loreal test foundation

Maybelline Age Rewind concealer

Rimmel Stay Matte powder

Old Clinique blush from a GWP... Gonna toss it after winter is over

Physician's Formula mosaic bronzer

UD Naked palette (Virgin and Naked)

ELF Glitter Glue

Notoriously Morbid's Choo Choo for Chucky eyeshadow

Benefit BadGal mascara

Wet n Wild lipstick in Wine Room

image.jpg

FoTD! I finally remembered! I intend to do it more often, to see if I'm getting any better over time, and to see if there are products that generally look good (or bad) on me.

Products:

eRe green spf50 primer

Lorac porefection primer

WnW coverall cream

TheBalm concealer

It Cosmetics undereye concealer

TheBalm Sexy Mama

Anastasia dipbrow

Pumpkin&Poppy oakbark contour powder

Aromaleigh Thistle blush

Nars eye primer

GDE mannequin eyeshadow

GDE disclose eyeshadow

like 3 different eyeliners because I kept changing my mind. Nothing fancy or interesting.

Too Faced better than sex mascara

Maybelline clear lip liner around and on my lips

Life's Entropy milky way lipstick

@ thank you! (HUGS) I think I have a few light purple eyeshadows- I have a Tarte one and a Lorac one. I'll give them a go! I have a dark purple in my Tarte palette, but I wonder if I could mix it with the cream to make it really light?

@@lindzebra Wow you are so pretty! The colors you chose really suit your skintone! Also, I love how your eyeshadow matches your peach top! So cute!

@@TooMuchElectric Ooh I love those eyeshadows on you. I guess I'll have to start getting into indie products. You are really, really pretty! Love your lip shape and your nose- they look kind of elvish to me! In a good way, of course!

I have some FOTDs to catch up with!!!

IMG_1881.JPG

FOTD 1/22/15 My 30th birthday!!! I wore a fancy suit! HA!

IMG_1937.JPG

FOTD 1/24/15 I used some shimmery eyeshadows this time from my Lorac MegaPro because I was going out to drink and salsa dance for my birthday, but you can't tell. Also, that lipcolor does not suit me. I think it's NYX matte lip cream in San Paulo mixed with Monte Carlo. Yikes!

IMG_1987.JPG  IMG_1992.JPG

FOTD 1/27/15 (Left) and (Right-- but this time wearing NARS Audacious Anita, a lipstick I plan to buy when the no buy is over!

Do you guys think this color suits me? I feel like it's my perfect nude lip and it brightens my face. The photo has some yellow overcast, so I'll try to get a better picture next time I try it on.)

IMG_2086.JPG IMG_2087.JPG

FOTD 1/28/15: Eyes open and closed

Today I used my sample of NARS eyeshadow primer, and tried lining my eyes all the way to the inner corners. I also lined past the outer corners to enlongate my eye.

Latest posts

Back