Quantcast

Fotd 5/22/05

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
No one has an FOTD yet?!


Kind of plain today

Face:

-Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in "almond"

-NARS orgasm blush

Eyes:

-Beige-ing shadestick as a base

-Beaded as a wash

-Shroom as a brow highlight

-Rummy as the liner

-Mystery as my brow filler

-Diorshow mascara in black.

I'm LOVING my Diorshow!!! They're bordering on looking like fake lashes! They're kind of feathery :icon_love:icon_love:icon_love:icon_love

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
I am really glad that you liked Diorshow. Its my HG mascara from now on.

 
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Messages
2,230
Reaction score
0
The color products I used are listed on the pic, but I also used:

FACE:

Max Factor Panstik in Nude Ivory

Neutrogena Visibly Even in Softest Gold

Physician's Formula Translucent Pressed Powder

EYES:

L'oreal Quickstick - base

NYC Browser Kit in Brunette - brow powder only

Maybelline Brow Gel in Taupe

LIPS:

Palmer's CB Swivel Stick



 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
I just got samples of Deckchair and Coco and will have to try them out.

 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
Liz and Erica, looking goood
I was chilling today so no mu for me.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Lookin' good gals!!! Loving that Lipglass on you!! Might have to check that one out!
I was bare today.. .but through on some of the pinkling/nocturnelle combo I did last night. Little lighter though.


 
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
1
You ladies are too lovely! You're giving me ideas!

But I wanted to post my first FOTD. I didn't get any pics, but I was hanging out with a photographer friend, and she wants me to do my make up like this again so she can take some portraits.

Face:

Paula Dorf Magic Stick Concealer, lightest shade

Clinique City Base Oil Free Foundation in Cloud (or whatever the lightest shade is called)

Eyes:

MAC Humid all over lids

Urban Decay Blunt blended with Humid into the crease, a little up on the brow bone, and a touch in the outer corner

Kryolan Aquacolor metallic gold all over the lids over the Humid for a green-gold look

Urban Decay Thames Liquid Eyeliner

Tony and Tina black mascara

Lips:

Stila lipliner, a pink nude shade

Urban Decay Rebel Lip Gunk

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Liz No one has an FOTD yet?!

Kind of plain today

Face:

-Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in "almond"

-NARS orgasm blush

Eyes:

-Beige-ing shadestick as a base

-Beaded as a wash

-Shroom as a brow highlight

-Rummy as the liner

-Mystery as my brow filler

-Diorshow mascara in black.

I'm LOVING my Diorshow!!! They're bordering on looking like fake lashes! They're kind of feathery :icon_love:icon_love:icon_love:icon_love

I really wanna try this Diorshow I've been hearing about - but that one doesn't come in waterproof though, right?
 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I really wanna try this Diorshow I've been hearing about - but that one doesn't come in waterproof though, right?
I just checked sephora online and they do have it in a waterproof formula.
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Marisol I just checked sephora online and they do have it in a waterproof formula. they do!?!?! Figures, I just put in a sephora order tonight!?!?! Wonder if I can add that on... hmm.
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
you should definitely try out diorshow. i like the fuller brush cause it makes my fashes fuller and not spidery. there might be a place where you can modify your order since it's sunday, it might not have gone through yet.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Liz you should definitely try out diorshow. i like the fuller brush cause it makes my fashes fuller and not spidery. there might be a place where you can modify your order since it's sunday, it might not have gone through yet. Just checked... they wont modify it since it says "sent to warehouse" as the status - go figure.
I'm glad it has a big brush.. I absolutely LOVE big brushes!! You should also try Ultima II Wonderwear - huge brush & nice results!
 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
it's nto so much the big brush. i don't really like the size of it. i like how full the bristles are. it helps seperate my lashes. that's one of the reasons i don't like badgal from benefit

 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Here was my face (all MAC unless noted)

Skin:

Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion (SPF 30)

Face

Hyper Real Foundation NC20

Select Cover up in NC20

Fancy Ray (creme) + Margin (powder) blush

Eyes:

Corn shadestick - as a base

Provence pigment - wash from lashline to browbone

Bagatelle - lid

Light as Air powerpoint pencil - lower liner

Tilt e/s - over Light as Air

Out to Sea - lower inner rims

Pro Lash in Periwink-wink (blue!) - upper & lower lashes, I then made little "pigeon stompings" of blue mascara in the crease & around outer corner of the eyes. Made for a very avant-garde eye look, it was fun.


Lips:

Chicory lipliner

Overload l/s

Enchantress l/g

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Joyeuux Here was my face (all MAC unless noted)
Skin:

Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion (SPF 30)

Face

Hyper Real Foundation NC20

Select Cover up in NC20

Fancy Ray (creme) + Margin (powder) blush

Eyes:

Corn shadestick - as a base

Provence pigment - wash from lashline to browbone

Bagatelle - lid

Light as Air powerpoint pencil - lower liner

Tilt e/s - over Light as Air

Out to Sea - lower inner rims

Pro Lash in Periwink-wink (blue!) - upper & lower lashes, I then made little "pigeon stompings" of blue mascara in the crease & around outer corner of the eyes. Made for a very avant-garde eye look, it was fun.


Lips:

Chicory lipliner

Overload l/s

Enchantress l/g

ooooh... pics???
 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 ooooh... pics???
My camera batteries are dead
& I washed it off (go Cleanse Off Oil, lol!).
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
9,100
Reaction score
31
Joy, I have one question (since you and me seem the only people on here using Hyper Real):

I´m planning on getting Strobe cream too and wearing it under Hyper Real for added glow. do you think this would be too much? cause HR itself makes me pretty glowy already. how much of a difference does the strobe cream make?

cause I don´t wanna end up shiny, just really glowy.

 
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Quote:
Joy, I have one question (since you and me seem the only people on here using Hyper Real): I´m planning on getting Strobe cream too and wearing it under Hyper Real for added glow. do you think this would be too much? cause HR itself makes me pretty glowy already. how much of a difference does the strobe cream make? cause I don´t wanna end up shiny, just really glowy. Strobe Cream will make a big difference, I love that stuff! If you don't want to look too shiny, apply it before you put on your foundation. Blend across your cheekbones, from the hairline inward. I personally would stay away from the T-Zone, for obvious reasons.

You can also mix Strobe Cream with an iridescent powder like Silver Dusk, to use on your decolletage, arms etc. That's fun for a glowy evening look!

 

Latest posts

Top