FOTD for April 28th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reija, where do you buy your YSL Faux Cils mascara? I bought mine from Nordstrom, but it started to flake and clump 2 weeks after.

I think it was old
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Here is mine:
Face:

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation in Blush Ivory

La Prarie loose powder in Translucent

Dior blush in Glowing Rose

Eyes:

Clinique Quick liner in brown black

Armani eye shadow #6

YSL Faux Cils mascara in black

Lips:

English Ideas lip enhance pencil

Laura Mercier lipstick in Pink Champange

Everyone looks great!!!! I was barefaced today... letting some breakouts heal.

Lilla - Great pics!!!! I love that green!!!

Violet - Classy as always ~ you always look georgeous!

Trisha - Another winner! Those colors are awesome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks Janelle
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Everyone looks great!!!! I was barefaced today... letting some breakouts heal.
Lilla - Great pics!!!! I love that green!!!

Violet - Classy as always ~ you always look georgeous!

Trisha - Another winner! Those colors are awesome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Lilla, that is a big bummer about your YSL mascara. I have thought about buying that but just never have.

Thanks K*O*, KMEFH and Janelle!

KMEFH: This is the only digital camera I’ve had but it has 4.0 mega pixels so maybe just look out for one that has that.

I know Jen... It worked wonderfully at first and I even bought one for my sister and mailed it to her. She hasn't said anything because she only uses mascara for special occasions
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Jen Lilla, that is a big bummer about your YSL mascara. I have thought about buying that but just never have.

Bethany, what kind of light/lamp do you have? All your pictures come out same and pretty. I dislike my lighting where I put my mu; it is yellowish...
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Violet Thanks K*O*, KMEFH and Janelle!

KMEFH: This is the only digital camera I’ve had but it has 4.0 mega pixels so maybe just look out for one that has that.

Originally Posted by lilla Reija, where do you buy your YSL Faux Cils mascara? I bought mine from Nordstrom, but it started to flake and clump 2 weeks after. I think it was old
icon_sad.gif

I bought mine online through Amazon.com for about $27
icon_wink.gif
But honestly, i like the Ultima II Wonderwear (that i got free in a GWP- retails for $13) better... go figure
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Bethany, what kind of light/lamp do you have? All your pictures come out same and pretty. I dislike my lighting where I put my mu; it is yellowish...
icon_sad.gif
Yeah, please tell! I can never find the "right" lighting anywhere! LOL
icon_wink.gif

Really! I am a mascara freak!!! I try every mascara to see what will be my HG. So far nothing yet and believe me I will get one Ultima II to see what it does. I have fairly nice lashes but I would like to make them pop out
icon_rolleyes.gif
You know there is no ending for search because each company comes up with new formula but it is okay. Gives me a chance to toss the old one and get new one
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I bought mine online through Amazon.com for about $27
icon_wink.gif
But honestly, i like the Ultima II Wonderwear (that i got free in a GWP- retails for $13) better... go figure
icon_redface.gif

I'm bare faced today - but I just put the Ultima II on one eye, so you can see the difference compared to bare lashes... (Please ignore my red, irritated eye - my contact lens gave me some problems this morning!
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

Thank you hon, you're so nice
smile.gif
I like it and it doesn't look like it clumps. I am sure I'll give it a try
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm bare faced today - but I just put the Ultima II on one eye, so you can see the difference compared to bare lashes... (Please ignore my red, irritated eye - my contact lens gave me some problems this morning!
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

Originally Posted by lilla Bethany, what kind of light/lamp do you have? All your pictures come out same and pretty. I dislike my lighting where I put my mu; it is yellowish...
icon_sad.gif
I take my pics near the window so it's always in natural light. Have to do my make-up in natural light, too, otherwise it doesn't look right when I got outside! That's why I HATE it when it's winter and doesn't get light till 8am. If you can't do your make-up at the window very easily, a good trick - and I always have to do this at my SO's house - is to get a full-length mirror and place it on the floor, leaning against something to prop it up, so it's facing the window. Then when you sit on the floor at the mirror the light bounces off the mirror and onto your face.

Thanks for the info
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Violet I take my pics near the window so it's always in natural light. Have to do my make-up in natural light, too, otherwise it doesn't look right when I got outside! That's why I HATE it when it's winter and doesn't get light till 8am. If you can't do your make-up at the window very easily, a good trick - and I always have to do this at my SO's house - is to get a full-length mirror and place it on the floor, leaning against something to prop it up, so it's facing the window. Then when you sit on the floor at the mirror the light bounces off the mirror and onto your face.

Originally Posted by lilla Thank you hon, you're so nice
smile.gif
I like it and it doesn't look like it clumps. I am sure I'll give it a try
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Yeah... I really don't get much clumping, if any, with it... and if I do, It's because I'm globbing it on there! LOL But it fixes nicely with a lash comb or a demo/tester wand (which I use) and it makes em' real 'Purdy'
wink.gif
I thought that the YSL was very clumping... and it dried so fast that by the time I went to comb them, I thought I was going to rip the lashes right off my eyeballs!
eek.gif
LOL

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Eeeek, you don't wanna loose those lashes...
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah... I really don't get much clumping, if any, with it... and if I do, It's because I'm globbing it on there! LOL But it fixes nicely with a lash comb or a demo/tester wand (which I use) and it makes em' real 'Purdy'
wink.gif
I thought that the YSL was very clumping... and it dried so fast that by the time I went to comb them, I thought I was going to rip the lashes right off my eyeballs!
eek.gif
LOL

Originally Posted by lilla
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Eeeek, you don't wanna loose those lashes...
icon_eek.gif
LOL!! Yeah I need all the ones I can get!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Meeeee tooo! I used Shu Uemura's lash conditioner for 2 months, yet it didn't do anything special for my lashes!!! When I start my reviews, it won't be getting many hearts!!! I am starting a new product tonight "Mavala Double lash" will see how this puppy works...

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 LOL!! Yeah I need all the ones I can get!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Meeeee tooo! I used Shu Uemura's lash conditioner for 2 months, yet it didn't do anything special for my lashes!!! When I start my reviews, it won't be getting many hearts!!! I am starting a new product tonight "Mavala Double lash" will see how this puppy works... I like the Ardell Brow & lash growth accelerator... it was cheap & I just happened to see it... but it actually seems to work!
icon_wink.gif

Where do I buy it?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I like the Ardell Brow & lash growth accelerator... it was cheap & I just happened to see it... but it actually seems to work!
icon_wink.gif

Back