FOTD for May 21st

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty glamspam!! i don't think i've ever seen a pic of you
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Awesome Janelle.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You should do another tutorial one of these days. I can't for the life of me get the outer v like yours.
Looking forward to seeing you use Unreally Blue and Contrast.

I completely agree. Janelle, you´re an outer v-pro!!!! I´m so jealous. you look HOT in pink/purple
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam I was trying to upload from my computer, but I'll try it from Photobucket...
Ok, it acted like it was going to work...but the picture never showed up. Maybe it will be a thumbnail after I submit the post? Here goes.

wow how cute are you!! love your cheeks, makes me wanna pinch them
icon_cheesygrin.gif
and the blush looks so good on your dark skin. grr, I want your cheeks!

Angela I like that natural look. I don´t think I´ve tried Nyphette, but on you it looks like the exact color I´ve been looking for lately. and I was gonna get Melon pigment too but I can´t work with the 2 pigments I already have ;-(

Originally Posted by Arielle Angela I like that natural look. I don´t think I´ve tried Nyphette, but on you it looks like the exact color I´ve been looking for lately. and I was gonna get Melon pigment too but I can´t work with the 2 pigments I already have ;-( thank you
smile.gif
pigments aren't hard to work with it all depends on what u use to apply them. i use my 239 or 231 brushes depending on how i want them to look. what's your main issue with working with the pigments? i know fall out can be a pain in the butt but if you use a tissue under your eye or loose powder there you don't get color all over your cheeks.

I dont end up wearing my nymphette very often but it was either that or prrr and i like nymphettes gold sheen.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 thank you
smile.gif
pigments aren't hard to work with it all depends on what u use to apply them. i use my 239 or 231 brushes depending on how i want them to look. what's your main issue with working with the pigments? i know fall out can be a pain in the butt but if you use a tissue under your eye or loose powder there you don't get color all over your cheeks.

I dont end up wearing my nymphette very often but it was either that or prrr and i like nymphettes gold sheen.

my problem is: my brushes (cheap ones!) do pick up a lot of the pigments but always too much and when I try to get it off the brush everyhing falls off. when I try to apply it to the lid everything falls straight off when I try to blend it a little.I know good brushes make a huge difference, but I have been so annoyed by my piggies (I only have Rose and Cornflower) that I don´t even wanna invest in brushes to use with them
icon_frown.gif

i used to use different brushes. i would tap off excess. or i would use the lid to try to get some of the excess off (i still have that problem sometimes lol) i kinda do the bare escentuals "swirl and tap" lol or if i get too much i have to blend like a madwoman. so it's evenly distributed.

I love this look and thanks for letting me know how you did it! The colors look great on you and they are colors I would probably choose for myself.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Ok... well I guess I'm the one & only today? LOL
♥ FACE: ♥

MAC Fix+ Spray

MAC Moistureblend Foundation in NC42

MAC Blot Powder in Dark

Ulta Blush in Sun Kissed

♥ EYES: ♥

UD Primer Potion

MAC Shadestick in Beige-ing

(From the MAC "Chromezone2" Palette - just got in the mail from Ebay BNIB!)

e/s in Pinkling (inner lid)

e/s in Nocturnelle (Outer V & Crease)

MAC Powerpoint liner in Engraved

Ultima II Wonderwear Mascara in Black

♥ LIPS: ♥

Ulta Lipliner in Mink

MAC l/s in Rio Babe

Lovely, Janelle! Really like those colours on you.

I went out last night and decided to do a purple eye for a change - hadn't done one for ages! As it turned out, last night was a really crappy night and I ended up in tears but at least I took some pics of my make-up beforehand! I've included a pic from when the night was going well, too.

Base

BB Oil-free Even Finish Foundation in Porcelain

BB Creamy Concealer in Porcelain

BB Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Pale Yellow

MAC Studio Stick Concealer in NW15

Cheeks

Too Faced Flushed Blush Pretty in Pink

Eyes

BB Creamy Concealer under eyes

UD Primer Potion from lash line to brow

Botanics Star Anise e/s on brows

Botanics Blazing Star e/s on brow bones

MAC Prunella Eye Kohl on upper lash line, flick to outer corners, inner edge of inner corners, lower inner rims and lower lash line

MAC Violet Pigment on inner 2/3 of eyelids and inner corners

MAC Electra e/s to highlight eyelid

Stila Cassis e/s on outer 1/3 of eyelids, crease and lower lash line

Clinique Lash Building Primer

Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black

Lips

Chanel Volage Glossimer

Fragrance

Dior J'Adore EDP

Bethany you should do a purple eye more often, it looks very sexy!! I´m sorry to hear you didn´t have a good time last night. what happened? (sorry, I´m the nosiest person ever *lol*)

btw, I love J`adore too!

Originally Posted by Arielle Bethany you should do a purple eye more often, it looks very sexy!! I´m sorry to hear you didn´t have a good time last night. what happened? (sorry, I´m the nosiest person ever *lol*)btw, I love J`adore too!

icon_smile.gif
Yes, I will. I love purple anyway. I also bought MAC Crystal and Petalescent eye shadows recently and they'll be great for purple eye looks.
It was a strange night because there was only me, my SO and friend out and when we arrived at the club it was literally empty! Only the people who worked there were there! We stayed until about 12:15am (at that point only 8 more people had arrived!) and my SO decided to go home whereas my friend and I went to another club. Later on I got a text message from my SO saying he was back at the club we were at because our other friends had phoned him saying they had just arrived (which was annoying because the club we were at was crap anyway). He phoned me after that, while I was in the toilet, and when I came out my friend had gone (she said she thought I'd gone to meet my SO)! So I had to hang around outside on my own until everyone came back to meet me. I was too drunk and hormonal anyway so was seriously p****d off at that point! I was swearing at everyone and then I was in floods of tears! It didn't help that drunk men kept harrassing me as I was waiting for my friends and SO either.

oh yeah that does sound like a bad night. I sometimes get really emptional too when I´m drunk and I just start crying like a baby *lol*

and don´t you just love drunk guys hitting on you telling you they´re the best you could ever get ;-)

hope your next night out will be more fun
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle oh yeah that does sound like a bad night. I sometimes get really emptional too when I´m drunk and I just start crying like a baby *lol*
and don´t you just love drunk guys hitting on you telling you they´re the best you could ever get ;-)

hope your next night out will be more fun
wink.gif

I feel a bit put off going out again now! I'm sure I'll want to again but not for a couple of weeks. I think the club my friend and I ended up at wouldn't have been so bad if there weren't sleazy guys trying to dance with us and have pointless conversations with us!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Violet I feel a bit put off going out again now! I'm sure I'll want to again but not for a couple of weeks. I think the club my friend and I ended up at wouldn't have been so bad if there weren't sleazy guys trying to dance with us and have pointless conversations with us!
icon_lol.gif
that´s soo annoying, I completely agree. my friends have their favorite bar, they go there every single weekend. but I´m not going with them anymore cause there are 2 times as many males than females and you get hit on by the most drunk guys that just grab your ass when you walk by. oh I hate places like that.
icon_frown.gif

Originally Posted by Violet

Lovely, Janelle! Really like those colours on you.
I went out last night and decided to do a purple eye for a change - hadn't done one for ages! As it turned out, last night was a really crappy night and I ended up in tears but at least I took some pics of my make-up beforehand! I've included a pic from when the night was going well, too.

Base

BB Oil-free Even Finish Foundation in Porcelain

BB Creamy Concealer in Porcelain

BB Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Pale Yellow

MAC Studio Stick Concealer in NW15

Cheeks

Too Faced Flushed Blush Pretty in Pink

Eyes

BB Creamy Concealer under eyes

UD Primer Potion from lash line to brow

Botanics Star Anise e/s on brows

Botanics Blazing Star e/s on brow bones

MAC Prunella Eye Kohl on upper lash line, flick to outer corners, inner edge of inner corners, lower inner rims and lower lash line

MAC Violet Pigment on inner 2/3 of eyelids and inner corners

MAC Electra e/s to highlight eyelid

Stila Cassis e/s on outer 1/3 of eyelids, crease and lower lash line

Clinique Lash Building Primer

Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black

Lips

Chanel Volage Glossimer

Fragrance

Dior J'Adore EDP

Very nice teeth Bethany!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Very nice teeth Bethany! I agree! You have a great smile Bethany!! Sorry to hear about your night.
icon_neutral.gif
But everyone looks great!!! I'm so glad so many people added their pics & looks!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Erica, pinks look great on you! Ang, I love your natural look... I wish mine came out like that!
wink.gif
Jess, you are adorable! I love the l/g!!! And Bethany, I love purple, it looks so pretty and soft on you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And thanks for the nice comments on my V tutorial! LOL To answer Liz, I just drew the eye on some printer paper! lol Which is why the shadow wasn't really cooperating - but you get the idea! lol
wink.gif

Somehow I knew that was coming, Tony! But I agree with you - you have a lovely smile, Bethany!
smile.gif
I also love your purple eye... you may have just inspired me for today, LOL!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme

Somehow I knew that was coming, Tony! But I agree with you - you have a lovely smile, Bethany!
smile.gif
I also love your purple eye... you may have just inspired me for today, LOL!

LOL Fiesty!

Back