FOTD July 19th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that lid colour!

Here's mine (please let me know if this could be an acceptable look for working in an office - just got a job! Dress is smart but not really formal like wearing a suit. I would wear neutrals mostly, but do you think I could get away with a hint of colour or not?):

Base

Clinique Pore Refining Serum

BB Creamy Concealer in Porcelain

BB Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Pale Yellow

MAC Studio Stick Concealer in NW15

Cheeks

BB Desert Rose powder blush

Eyes

BB Creamy Concealer under eyes

UD Primer Potion on eyelids

Botanics Star Anise e/s on brows

Dior Snow e/s on brow bones, inner half of eyelids and inner corners

MAC Prose and Fancy e/s on outer edge of eyelids, crease, outer corners and lower lash lines

Boots 17 White Lines e/l pencil on lower inner rims (the second useless white e/l I've bought to try and replace my No7 ones that are stubs!...Prestige's ran all over my eyeballs and clouded my vision and this one doesn't seem to grip well at all!)

MAC Tarnish Eye Kohl blended lightly into lower lash line and smudged with Prose and Fancy and Bourjois Bleu Original e/l

No7 Intense Volume Mascara in Black

Lips

Dior Rouge l/s in Carefree Pink

Fragrance

Dior Addict 2

Gorgeous, Trisha! I love neutral eye looks with a pop of bright colour. I wish Tan Pigment looked more like that on me, too!! In the pot it looks like it does on you but on me it turns orangey! I still use it sometimes in small amounts but can't use too much of it.

Congrats on the new job B!
claps.gif
In my office I can get away with pretty much anything I want... it's a small office, so nobody really gets on your case.
wink.gif
But I think your look is great! It's pretty, and it's got color without being too 'over the top'...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Midgard - lovely!! I love the smokiness!!

Trisha - I love it!! Very creative!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And its two colors I have, so I might have to try that someday!
icon_cool.gif

I have MU on today - finally!!! But I didn't bring my cam - so I'll have to take pics after work when I get home... then I'll post em - used my new tailormade palette & lipglass... I'm liking them!!
wink.gif

Thanks Trisha, Bethany and Janelle!
icon_redface.gif

@ Bethany:

I work in a laboratory, so I can't compare that to an office job. Perhaps you should watch your co-workers to see, what can be overdone there. But I like it very much and in my opinion it isn't overdone. At my job I try not to wear dark colors. At the moment I'm on my holidays, so I can experiment with my makeup every day
biggrin.gif

@ Trisha:

Very summery, love that look!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Mine:
EYES:

MAC Eyeshadows - Electro Sky & Bagatelle

MAC Pigment - Tan

Stila Lash Visor Mascara - Black

one word: COOL!!!!
claps.gif

Midgard, you are sooo good at doing a softer smokey eye!!! I´m jealous of your skills. btw, is your real name Diana? just wondering...I like to call people by their real names. (but midgard is such a pretty name too)

Bethany, I don´t think this is inappropriate for work at all. it would be a little more than most women would wear to work I guess, but you softly enhance all your features instead of for example doing a heavy eye makeup so it still looks natural and pretty

Originally Posted by Arielle Midgard, you are sooo good at doing a softer smokey eye!!! I´m jealous of your skills. btw, is your real name Diana? just wondering...I like to call people by their real names. (but midgard is such a pretty name too) Thanks Andrea
icon_redface.gif

Yes, my name is Diana!

WOW......that is the coolest split color look!

Thanks again for all your stila help Trisha!

Originally Posted by Trisha Mine:
EYES:

MAC Eyeshadows - Electro Sky & Bagatelle

MAC Pigment - Tan

Stila Lash Visor Mascara - Black

Yes, I agree that Diana has a nice soft eye look and is very good at it!

Bethany you are most appropriate in my opinion for a professional work environment...

Originally Posted by Arielle Midgard, you are sooo good at doing a softer smokey eye!!! I´m jealous of your skills. btw, is your real name Diana? just wondering...I like to call people by their real names. (but midgard is such a pretty name too)
Bethany, I don´t think this is inappropriate for work at all. it would be a little more than most women would wear to work I guess, but you softly enhance all your features instead of for example doing a heavy eye makeup so it still looks natural and pretty

Originally Posted by kerri Yes, I agree that Diana has a nice soft eye look and is very good at it! Thank you! Every one here is soooo nice! I'm very comfortable here!

very pretty you guys!

trisha: i sold my electro sky. i just couldn't find anything to do with it. and didn't like the texture.

bethany: so pretty! prose and fancy looks so pretty. and don't get me started with your lashes. lol!

midgard: very pretty diana! ditto to what arielle said!

here's mine. i did it a couple of days ago, but oh well. lol. it's my c-squeeze fotd.

face:

-mac nc400 hyper real

-margin blush

eyes:

-beige-ing shadestick as a base

-orange tangent on inne lid (don't like this. too light for me and doesn't show up too well)

-bronze on outer corner

-sunsplosion in crease

-ricepaper as brow highlight

-shu mascara

Originally Posted by Liz midgard: very pretty diana! ditto to what arielle said! Thanky you! I like your look, too! :icon_love

simply beautiful, Liz!!!! damn it those teeth make a killer smile
claps.gif

what´s on your lips btw?

Originally Posted by Arielle what´s on your lips btw? This would be interesting for me, too!

Originally Posted by Arielle simply beautiful, Liz!!!! damn it those teeth make a killer smile
claps.gif
what´s on your lips btw?

thanks guys! for some reason, i can't get the colors to show up well on me
frown.gif
i think i blend too much or don't use enough product...?
i used mac's stripdown lip pencil, stila lemongrass lip glaze and mac's instant gold lustreglass
biggrin.gif

Nice Liz!!! I'm liking the CSqueeze shadows on you... now I really wanna see them!
smile.gif

By the way.... whaddya do with those giant binoculars!?!? Peeping Liz!!!
icon_eek.gif
LOL
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Liz thanks guys! for some reason, i can't get the colors to show up well on me
frown.gif
i used mac's stripdown lip pencil, stila lemongrass lip glaze and mac's instant gold lustreglass
biggrin.gif

hm..that happens to me when I start blending too much, the colors start looking alike and muddy. but they still look great on you, no muddiness there. looks very natural!I´d imagine it depends on your skin tone how well certain colors show up.

Originally Posted by Liz thanks guys! for some reason, i can't get the colors to show up well on me
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Noooo, the colors are great! Don't worry about that!
icon_cry.gif
I can't get Stila here
icon_cry.gif

Latest posts

Back