Foundation brush...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody got any recommendations?

I've had a look in the reviews section and a few people like the benefit one, but I've had a couple of their brushes and not really liked them.

The only stipulation is that I can get it in the UK so Kevyn Aucoin is out, and probably some other brands too.

Originally Posted by Lealabell Anybody got any recommendations?
I've had a look in the reviews section and a few people like the benefit one, but I've had a couple of their brushes and not really liked them.

The only stipulation is that I can get it in the UK so Kevyn Aucoin is out, and probably some other brands too.

I have one from Japanesque, and one from the craft store... both work really well... except one cost about 10x the other!!! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

Paula Dorf, MAC, or Px. All of those companies make really good foundation brushes. Sephora's foundation brush is nice & manufactured by the same company as MAC's.

However, hit the art/craft supply store & see what you can find. I found a taklon brush the same size as the MAC brush & only paid $5 & it's JUST as effective.
smile.gif

HTH!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I have one from Japanesque, and one from the craft store... both work really well... except one cost about 10x the other!!! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif
Just checked on a website and Japonesque don't seem to be too expensive so i might give them a whirl. I only want it to touch up the area around my nose so I don't want to spend too much. I'm saving my moolah for a blush brush, I want one of those contour ones.

Originally Posted by Lealabell Just checked on a website and Japonesque don't seem to be too expensive so i might give them a whirl. I only want it to touch up the area around my nose so I don't want to spend too much. I'm saving my moolah for a blush brush, I want one of those contour ones. If you really wanna save - check the craft store first... they're only a few $$ and I think it's pretty much the same as my Japonesque one... then you'll have even more for your blush brush!
wink.gif

Lea if you're getting a Japonesque, check out HQhair.com first coz i think they stock Japonesque now so you MIGHT find it cheaper there.

I use a brush from The Body Shop and i quite like it but i'm more of a fingers girls to be honest!

I like the Prescriptives one - which i use to apply foundation on others.

But personally, i like to use the MAC Stippling/Skunk brush when applying my foundation. I find i use much less product and the finish is really nice.

Originally Posted by Merri Can someone explain exactly what they are for? I bought one and haven't used it yet from Giorgio Armani. Its very soft but expensive so I'm afraid to use it since I may return it. What do they accomplish?
icon_question.gif
They are really good for applying liquid or cream foundation to give you a more even & smooth application. Looks less cakey and a little more natural than with a sponge. I still switch between the brush & a sponge, as my MAC moisureblend I find are much easier to apply by sponge.
icon_wink.gif

Latest posts

Back