foundation matching chart

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
the foundation page if youre in the market for a new foundation or just want to play around, this page is great. it tells you approximately which shade you would wear in a ton of brands. for instance, i know im a MAC studio fix C3. according to their chart, im a FFF (fair foxy female. who makes up these acronyms? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) say id like to try jane stay calm foundation, but wouldnt know where to start since they dont have testers. according to the chart, i would be one of these shades: dream cream, or naturally. i do have naturally, and its a pretty good match. ta da!

Thanks for posting this---very helpful. I am forever trying to figure out my shade with drugstore foundations and usually getting it wrong.

I still don't know whether I am fair or medium. Shrugs. But I dig the chart. It seems like a fine line between shades. I know that I am not dark and that I am not porceline. That narrows it down somewhat.

youre welcome, guys.
smile.gif

cali, do you have a brand/shade of foundation that you wear and know matches you well? if so, itll tell you what category you fit into.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse the foundation page if youre in the market for a new foundation or just want to play around, this page is great. it tells you approximately which shade you would wear in a ton of brands. for instance, i know im a MAC studio fix C3. according to their chart, im a FFF (fair foxy female. who makes up these acronyms? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) say id like to try jane stay calm foundation, but wouldnt know where to start since they dont have testers. according to the chart, i would be one of these shades: dream cream, or naturally. i do have naturally, and its a pretty good match. ta da! Hi Halo, Yes I have the foundation that matches me but it does not include any that are listed on the chart. Maybe there is a chart somewhere with more brands? tx Ry

Originally Posted by Californian Hi Halo, Yes I have the foundation that matches me but it does not include any that are listed on the chart. Maybe there is a chart somewhere with more brands?

tx

Ry

im not sure if i understand the question.
smile.gif
your brand isnt in their database at all?
frown.gif

Cool webpage but I have 3 foundations and none of them are listed. Neutrogena has been totally left off the list and Clinique's newest foundation isn't there, neither is Maybelline's powder foundation. I did find Revlon's Colorstay Stay Natural foundation listed. Still it's a very interesting webpage & if I want to try another brand, at least I know where to start in the color range! Thanks for letting us know about it!

Latest posts

Back