foundation or tinted moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
which would you say is best to wear on combo, acne-prone skin during the summer (with no AC and about 90 degrees) and why?

i think tinted moisturizer because foundation will melt right off. i'm not sure, though.

what do you think?

Id say tinted moisturizer,i love neutrogena's healthy defense daily moisturizer,its has spf 30 and a hint of color.Its great for when its just too darn hot outside and i dont want to wear foundation thats just going to clog my pores and run off my face.

hmmm..i would be more careful with tinted moisturizer..alota them make me break out since most tinted moisturizer are made for dry/normal skin.

what i usually do (i know where u are coming from, i am from L.A., super hot!!) is put concealer on the paces i really need it. dust loose powder, and blot periodically with clean and clear oil blotting papers
smile.gif

definitely go for tinted moisturizer if you can pull it off. I wished I could as hardly any places in Austria have air condition, but I just have too many flaws to cover and a TM wouldn´t do the job.

Originally Posted by Arielle definitely go for tinted moisturizer if you can pull it off. I wished I could as hardly any places in Austria have air condition, but I just have too many flaws to cover and a TM wouldn´t do the job. Andrea ,you ,flaws,i dont think so,you look like you just walked off a magazine cover
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle definitely go for tinted moisturizer if you can pull it off. I wished I could as hardly any places in Austria have air condition, but I just have too many flaws to cover and a TM wouldn´t do the job. psssshhhh!!! you do not have flaws!at least try out a TM to see how it works on your skin.

*hehe* guys ya know what I´m gonna do-post a FOTD with NO makeup at all. ok not sure if I manage to put something like that online for everyone to see.

but my flaws are: very dark circles and red spots from past breakouts-uneven skintone alltogether
icon_redface.gif

you´ll see---maybe *lol*

Originally Posted by sugersoul hmmm..i would be more careful with tinted moisturizer..alota them make me break out since most tinted moisturizer are made for dry/normal skin.
what i usually do (i know where u are coming from, i am from L.A., super hot!!) is put concealer on the paces i really need it. dust loose powder, and blot periodically with clean and clear oil blotting papers
smile.gif

I agree, most tinted moisturizers are not formulated for oily skin. They also will not provide much coverage at all, just a little bit of evening out the skin tone.

I'd go for TM. though I just usually mix my foundation with moisturizer to make it sheerer.

Originally Posted by Jennifer which would you say is best to wear on combo, acne-prone skin during the summer (with no AC and about 90 degrees) and why?
i think tinted moisturizer because foundation will melt right off. i'm not sure, though.

what do you think?

I love tinted moisturizer! Like Trisha said, it's not going to give you a lot of coverage, but it will lightly even out your skin tone.

thanks for the replies!

this is actually one of those situations where you can't use oil-blotting sheets. my cousin is getting married next month overseas in a restaurant with 300+ people, no AC, at least 90 degrees, and she can't do anything but stand there. there's no going to take a break, blotting, reapplying makeup, bathroom, etc. i told her tinted moisturizer would be a better choice since it'll be so hot, with powder over it, but she had no idea, so we were both stuck and couldn't figure it out.

thanks!

Originally Posted by Jennifer which would you say is best to wear on combo, acne-prone skin during the summer (with no AC and about 90 degrees) and why?

what do you think?

I heard Neutrogena clear tint is very light and covers small flaws, I personally didn't use it yet though.

I'll have to agree with that.......I've never seen you have a bad face day.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Andrea ,you ,flaws,i dont think so,you look like you just walked off a magazine cover
smile.gif

hi I'm new and this is my first day, I have been battling acne forever and I have recently become an accutane survivor which is a harsh drug to get rid of acne. I really have not had the best luck with tinted moisturizers and I don't think they cover up really well, I have really bad scars and I need a good medium coverage for my face. If you want a really nice sheer coverage, I would suggest tinted moisturizer, but if your like me and need to hide major flaws than I would suggest a foundation. I really love love love neutrogena skin clearing foundation and I have found it is the only thing that my skin really loves! I wear it in the summer and the winter and have had no problems!!

Latest posts

Back