foundation primers: worth the money?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a sample of english ideas primer that i got with a sephora order and when i put it on under foundation, there's no difference. maybe this one just sucks, but are they really worth the money and time?

i'm sure the ones that are different colors to neutralize are worth it, if they work, but if i don't need to neutralize anything, do you think i should get one? what exactly do they do for you?

by the way, i loooooooove how my skin feels like SATIN the second i put english ideas on. has anyone ever used this before?

well they are supposed to help control oil (for us oily skinned girls) even skin out for foundation and make up application and help make up last longer.

I have the Smashbox primer and i like the way it leaves my skin feeling satiny.

I haven't used it much, but i do find that it makes my foundation last longer and my pores less visible.

Originally Posted by Bhav I have the Smashbox primer and i like the way it leaves my skin feeling satiny.I haven't used it much, but i do find that it makes my foundation last longer and my pores less visible.

i haven't tried smashboxes primer i have tried philosophy's the present but it makes my skin feel oilier sooner
frown.gif
which sucks cus i love it.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i haven't tried smashboxes primer i have tried philosophy's the present but it makes my skin feel oilier sooner
frown.gif
which sucks cus i love it. The few times i've used the primer, i've used very little of it, coz i didn't want it to make my skin feel oily.

Originally Posted by Bhav The few times i've used the primer, i've used very little of it, coz i didn't want it to make my skin feel oily. i never use much. maybe a pea sized thing or not even that much.i'm just blessed with an oily face
frown.gif

If you have a good enough foundation, there really is no use for a primer. The only time I use them is if I'm working on someone who has seriously problematic skin-then it coats the skin so the foundation goes on easier. With somewhat normal skin you really shouldn't need a primer.

Originally Posted by envymi If you have a good enough foundation, there really is no use for a primer. The only time I use them is if I'm working on someone who has seriously problematic skin-then it coats the skin so the foundation goes on easier. With somewhat normal skin you really shouldn't need a primer. that's what i thought! that's why i asked because at first, i was like, maybe i should be using one, even though i don't need it, but then i was like, i DON'T need it, so why bother?

Latest posts

Back