Foundation problems

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a big problem finding a foundation that works for me. I had one that worked wonders for my complexion a couple of years ago - L´oreals Invisible Perfection, it made my skin look so natural and still so good.

Does anyone know any foundation that is similar?

My skin is very pale with a lot of freckles (so it can´t give to much coverage- coz that looks really weird, but I still want some coverage to hide "everthing else") and is dry, and I have some nasty blackhead on my nose and chin, that I want covered up.

I have been asking at my department store for a replacement and they have recommended L´oreals Visable lift (didn´t work at all, not the least bit similar) and Lumenes Skin supporter (worked ok but had a nasty smell). Why they keep recommending foundations that helps against wrinkles I don´t know, coz I don´t have any (just some small ones by the corner of my eyes)
smile.gif

Another big problem is that I have become very sensitive to perfumes, so now I need one that´s unscented and very gentile since my skin is sensitive.

Right now I´m using Cliniques Perfectly real makeup in shade No 02. The color of this one is very good, but the coverage is not that great and I find it hard to apply, it just won´t get that even, and I find that it easily makes those tiny little facial hair show ;( . I also find that my skin probably is a little to dry for this one.

So does any of you kind girls have any idea what I could try?

/Jenny

P.S I hope you forgive me for any spelling or grammar mistakes I´ve made, I haven´t been practising my English for a long time

Aloha & Welcome to MuT Jenny! You've come to the right place for help w/any & all questions about cosmetics.

Have you tried L'Oreal's True Match? I got a sample trio @ the store & found the quality to be quite impressive for drugstore quality. It's lightweight & matches skin tones well b/c they have a variety of shades. However, it doesn't cover too much, but since you're just trying to even out your skin, this might be a foundation for you.

158595.jpg

If you don't have access to it, you may also want to look into Giorgio Armani's Matte Silk Foundation. This is a wonderful semi-sheer foundation that provides great coverage w/out looking too heavy. I know in Europe, they have the Hydra Glow forumla available which is supposed to have a little more of a dewey finish to it & contains an SPF. It hasn't hit the US stores yet, but I hear it's rather nice.

Another line to look into would be Christian Dior's DiorSkin foundation. They have powder & liquid formulas that provide great coverage w/out looking to heavy or cakey. I haven't had problems w/it, but found that I love Armani's stuff much better. (Note: I've only tried the 1st formula of liquid & powder pictured)

P37728_hero.jpg
P64317_hero.jpg

P37729_hero.jpg
P56206_hero.jpg

One last line to consider might be Bobbi Brown. I no longer use her foundtion stick, but it's quite good for spot coverage. Plus, it's perfect for travel or just toting w/you in your handbag.

p750733r200.jpg

Good luck w/your search. I'm sure the other ladies will be able to help you out as well.

Again, Aloha & Welcome to MuT!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tussan I have a big problem finding a foundation that works for me. I had one that worked wonders for my complexion a couple of years ago - L´oreals Invisible Perfection, it made my skin look so natural and still so good. Does anyone know any foundation that is similar?

My skin is very pale with a lot of freckles (so it can´t give to much coverage- coz that looks really weird, but I still want some coverage to hide "everthing else") and is dry, and I have some nasty blackhead on my nose and chin, that I want covered up.

I have been asking at my department store for a replacement and they have recommended L´oreals Visable lift (didn´t work at all, not the least bit similar) and Lumenes Skin supporter (worked ok but had a nasty smell). Why they keep recommending foundations that helps against wrinkles I don´t know, coz I don´t have any (just some small ones by the corner of my eyes)
smile.gif

Another big problem is that I have become very sensitive to perfumes, so now I need one that´s unscented and very gentile since my skin is sensitive.

Right now I´m using Cliniques Perfectly real makeup in shade No 02. The color of this one is very good, but the coverage is not that great and I find it hard to apply, it just won´t get that even, and I find that it easily makes those tiny little facial hair show ;( . I also find that my skin probably is a little to dry for this one.

/Jenny

P.S I hope you forgive me for any spelling or grammar mistakes I´ve made, I haven´t been practising my English for a long time

Welcome to MakeupTalk, Jenny! I'm Janelle from New York. Glad you came here!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I agree with Gail... the True Match is really nice. Have you tried Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundations? They are a mineral powder, so it covers without looking like foundation.. if you know what I mean. It gives you the look like you are not wearing any makeup - that you were just blessed with great skin. http://www.bareescentuals.com/

I definitely think mineral makeup might be the way to go, but I found Aromaleigh to be way better than Bare Escentuals. You can apply it the regular way which is as a loose powder foundation or add some moisturizer and apply as a cream/liquid foundation.

Hiya Tussan, welcome to MakeUpTalk from a fellow European! I'm Laura from Ireland
biggrin.gif

I think the girls recommended some great foundations for you here. I've tried DiorSkin & i really liked it. I plan on buying that or Armani MSF next! Bare Escentuals might be worth a look too but i'm not sure if its available in Europe. Can anyone back me up on this?

Anyway, if you need help with anything just SHOUT & one of us will come to the rescue
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi Jenny! How are you! Reija, one of the admin's here is from Finland! She lives here in the US now tho.

Anyhow wanted to welcome you to MakeupTalk!

Originally Posted by Tussan

I have a big problem finding a foundation that works for me. I had one that worked wonders for my complexion a couple of years ago - L´oreals Invisible Perfection, it made my skin look so natural and still so good. Does anyone know any foundation that is similar?

smile.gif

/Jenny

If your skin is senstive you may want to try something from Prescriptives -- their makeup is non-comedogenic (does not clog pores -- makeups labeled "oil-free" do not contain oils but may still have other greasy ingredients that can clog pores) and I don't think they use many perfumes and stuff either, since they are designed for people with senstive skin. I used to use their Traceless foundation, but it had so little coverage I don't think it did any good. I never tried any of their other foundations since I can no longer get that brand in my town, but I've heard a few other girls recommend their Virtual Skin foundation.

Welcome to MakeupTalk! It's nice to see someone from Scandinavia! I was born and raised in Finland now living in the US. I used to visit Sweden 2-3 times a year when I lived in Finland. I loved shopping in Sweden. My favorite store was NK department store and H&M. To answer your question about the foundation, I agree what others said about L'Oreal True Match being a good option. My mom uses it and loves it. I haven't tried it yet though. I like Diorskin foundation because it's light and also Clarins. My friend swears by Lancome Photogenic.

Thank you all soooo much!

True match sounds like it could be a good idea. I had given up on Lóreal, their foundations being so packed with perfume, but this one supposed to be fragrance free
icon_cheesygrin.gif
.I´m hoping it´s available in my store.

Have any of you tried it? Lately it has seemed to me that most foundations are made for oily skin, or is it just coz my skin has gotten drier?

The bare minerals also seemed nice, but I doubt I can find them where I live ;(

Has anyone tried Max Factors foundations? They are all fragrance free, I tried them a couple of years ago but I found them to be too oily and just lie on top of my skin, maybe they are working better now that my skin has gotten dry.

//Jenny

I actually bought the True Match, but I got the wrong shade. They have only introduced 10 of the 24 shades here in Sweden ;(. Meaning that NONE of the palest neutrals were available (not so clever in a country full of pale people IMO
icon_evil.gif
, I think I´m 1N. Well I got the 1W instead, witch turned out to be really yellow ;(, well that´s better than too pink I think. The sales person said that it should work just fine on my dry skin, it didn´t, it was even worse than my Perfectly Real that´s not supposed to work on dry skin. Well I can use it, but it doesn´t look that good ;(

I also bought Max Factors 3in1 compact foundation out of desperation. I remembered that I had found it too oily when I didn´t had dry skin so I thought I give it a try.... Well it´s too pink (not that pink I can´t use it, but I would like it to be more on the yellow side) and my skin still looks and feels dry, yet it strangely skids across my skin like its too oily and creases during the day and just feels itchy. To much silicone's maybe??

Well, well so I´m back to my Perfectly Real, witch at least has a good color and looks better then the other two. So it´s just to keep looking or hoping that my skin stops being so dry when the winter is over
smile.gif

But thank you all so much for your help

//Jenny

hi Jenny welcome to the board.

I personally use Bare Escentuals I have oily skin and have found that liquids never work for me my face turns to grease not long after i put it on. I would like to try other mineral make up but right now i have 2 jars of BE to go thru so that's going to have to wait. I also use MAC's studio fix another powder. But i have to say after yesterday just using Studio fix i really like BE a bit better I like the finish even though some people say it's to shiny. Since I have oily shiny skin i am always on the lookout for something that is TOO shiny and I didn't seem to have that problem.

I tend to get dry skin in the winter, and I recently got MAC Moistureblend foundation... seems to be really nice!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 hi Jenny welcome to the board.
I personally use Bare Escentuals I have oily skin and have found that liquids never work for me my face turns to grease not long after i put it on. I would like to try other mineral make up but right now i have 2 jars of BE to go thru so that's going to have to wait. I also use MAC's studio fix another powder. But i have to say after yesterday just using Studio fix i really like BE a bit better I like the finish even though some people say it's to shiny. Since I have oily shiny skin i am always on the lookout for something that is TOO shiny and I didn't seem to have that problem.

Envy Mi has tried Aromaleigh mineral makeup and really likes it , better than BM. The only place you can buy it from is their website. The good thing though is that they sell samples for $2!! and it looks like they have a wide selection of colors. They're not expensive at all.

Latest posts

Back