Foundation!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I currently use foundation from clinique, but I'm not thrilled with applying it by my fingers. Any reccomendations on how to apply it, or better foundations? Thanks!

Originally Posted by freetshirt I currently use foundation from clinique, but I'm not thrilled with applying it by my fingers. Any reccomendations on how to apply it, or better foundations? Thanks! Questions: Hi FreeT --- Well, what kind of coverage are you looking for? For example, would you like a sheer coverage, or a more substantial coverage? What is your goal? Do you want to even out skin tone, conceal, tint with a bronze look, etc.... etc...? Is your skin youthful or more mature? After you answer some of these questions, I bet the mods will be better able to help you out with suggestions.

Also, are you applying it all over your face? Foundation is supposed to be for trouble spots only. IF the color is a good match for your skin, you should have no troubles at all with the application.

Just let us all know so we can help. Tx.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Well I am putting it all over my face, bronzer would be nice, and yea I prefer substantial coverage(nothing too heavy though.) Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by Californian Questions:Hi FreeT --- Well, what kind of coverage are you looking for? For example, would you like a sheer coverage, or a more substantial coverage? What is your goal? Do you want to even out skin tone, conceal, tint with a bronze look, etc.... etc...? Is your skin youthful or more mature? After you answer some of these questions, I bet the mods will be better able to help you out with suggestions.

Also, are you applying it all over your face? Foundation is supposed to be for trouble spots only. IF the color is a good match for your skin, you should have no troubles at all with the application.

Just let us all know so we can help. Tx.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi freetshirt! Since you are battling blackheads and blemishes, I would recommend Neutrogena Healthy Skin (because of high SPF) or Skin Clearing (because it clears up blemishes and meant for oilier skins) foundations. I think these are lightweight enough to not add more breakout problems.

Great thanks a lot! I appreciate it so much.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Hi freetshirt! Since you are battling blackheads and blemishes, I would recommend Neutrogena Healthy Skin (because of high SPF) or Skin Clearing (because it clears up blemishes and meant for oilier skins) foundations. I think these are lightweight enough to not add more breakout problems.

Or you could try Bare Minerals Powder Foundation.. it has natural ingredients (i think) that won't clog pores & depending on how you apply it, you can have natural coverage or heavier coverage!

which clinique foundation are you using, and what specifically about it do you not like? does it feel sticky, does it not stay, etc? you could apply it iwth a foam wedge sponge, or a brush. i just picked up a windsor and newton goat hair brush for my blush (its a paintbrush) and it was under $5. it could be used for foundation, no problem.

Originally Posted by freetshirt I currently use foundation from clinique, but I'm not thrilled with applying it by my fingers. Any reccomendations on how to apply it, or better foundations? Thanks! Dear Freetshirt,You might also want to check this out. It is from an MuT post a few months back:

56 Best Beauty Products

The Cosmetics you’ll want to use time and time again

Excerpted from May 2004 Town & Country<O
tongue.gif
</O
tongue.gif

<O
tongue.gif

A team of well known makeup artists and stylists as well as the beauty editors of Town & Country and other beauty magazines compiled this “best of†list.

<O
tongue.gif

BEST FACE MAKEUP

<O
tongue.gif

[*]Laura Mercier Foundation. A sure bet for a perfectly polished finish. It’s especially good for evening. In oil-free and moisturizing formulas.

[*]Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Elegantly enhances without masking skin.

[*]Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup SPF 15. Sheer to medium coverage with a dewy satin finish.

[*]Diorskin Pure Light Sheer Skin-Lighting Makeup SPF 15. Illuminating and oil-free, for that I’m-not-wearing-makeup look.

[*]Prescriptives custom Blend Foundation. Hand-mixed while you wait, to match your skin tone precisely.

[*]Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick. Portable and user-friendly, for the girl on the go.

[*]Shu Uemura Nobara Cream Foundation. Fade-resistant, with the smooth texture of a liquid and the convenience of a compact.

[*]Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15. An ingenious product for casual wear- or foundation-phobic.

[*]Dermablend Cover Crème. Cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists recommend this heavier preparation to post surgical patients.

[*]Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. The standout favorite concealer among makeup artists and beauty editors.

[*]Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer. This stick is another overwhelmingly popular pick because of its silky consistency and effective coverage.

[*]Laura Mercier Secret Camoflage. Classic, and still the best blend-to-match concealer around.

[*]Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Every purse should hold this totable complexion-brightening pen.

[*]Prescriptives Vibrant Vitamin Infuser for Dull, Stressed Skin. The pearlescent finish awakens tired-looking complexions.

[*]Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder. Matte, transparent and oil-controlling. And everyone loves its big mirror.

[*]Shu Uemura Loose Face powder. A satin texture with a sheer or matte finish.

[*]T. LeClerc Loose Powder. These pastel tints can even out skin tone or extend summer tans.

[*]Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. Makes achieving matte skin a breeze.

[*]M.A.C. Blot Powder. Shine control without noticeable color or texture.

My mother uses the I.D. Bare Escentuals bare Minerals foundation, and after seeing the infomercial, was compelled to head to Ulta to try it in my shade... they are having a SALE this week on it!!! For $40 you get a video, a foundation, the mineral veil and their "warmth" all over color... I absolutly LOVE this stuff! Feels like you have nothing on - but look like you spent an hour getting made-up! I MUST go review this one!

Hi freetshirt, Which Clinique foundation are you using? I used to use Clinique for a few years. The first foundation i bought from that range is called Creamy Glow.I used this along with their powder Transparancy 1. It was in a long green tube with a silver cap. After a while i changed to their lighter formulations which still had good coverage. The last foundation i used had ( i will find the exact names) a sheerer coverage but lasted for hours, in the shade Healthy. I remember i wrote a review on it at the product review center. Depending what foundation you are using, if it's a creamy texture perhaps a damp sponge would make it easier to apply. I really like Clinique products because even if you do have a skintype prone to spots, oil or acne their products are perfect and are hypoallergenic. What are your thoughts on Clinique?

Latest posts

Back