Fun with Astrology!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you read your daily horoscopes? Or, have you ever gone further and done a natal chart and had an analysis done? What's your take on the subject?

I've enjoyed astrology since my teens, as a way to understand all the wierd and quirky aspects of my personality. I've had my charts done, read many books on the planets and aspects and by and large I've found it to be somewhat accurate and entertaining.

Here's a "short" description of my personality through astrology, courtesy of Astro.com. If you know your own birth data, you can get many reports like this for free. Very cool! http://www.astro.com/

Sun in Cancer, Moon in Leo

You were born with the Sun in Cancer and the Moon in Leo. Your individuality is under the rulership of Cancer. This means that internally you focus on emotions and instincts. When you can express yourself freely, you show a concern for family life as well as casual relationships. At the emotional level, at least, you are frank and trustworthy. You are very attached to your material possessions. You are very fond of pleasure and amusement. You are ambitious and desirous of prominent positions, as well as of the opportunity to perform in public. People view you as generous, honorable, and high-minded.

Your weaknesses lie in the emotions. The sign of Cancer gives you tremendous sensitivity in your relationships with friends. You are spontaneous and frank with them, and you will suffer considerably when these attitudes are not reciprocated.

The key to better integration of your personality is to enlarge your intellectual capacities.

Ascendant in Aquarius, Uranus in the Seventh House

At the time of your birth the zodiacal sign of Aquarius was ascending in the horizon. Its ruler Uranus is located in the seventh house.

You were born with a natural disposition to be humane, sympathetic, original and refined in your dealings with others. Among your features is the ability to understand human nature in a sympathetic manner. Unfortunately, you do not always act upon your intuitions and may become rationalistic at times when swift and prompt determination is required.

The common Aquarian is good and kindly, but usually led astray by eccentric and bizarre companions.

Your tastes are refined and your discrimination keen. You have a natural inclination toward the esoteric and mystical side of life and you could develop some clairvoyant abilities. Basically you are a lover of freedom; in the realization of this desire you may go to extremes.

Although changeable in appearance, your life is guided by very definite and fixed principles, one of which is a constant demand for personal freedom. In love you are a strange character. You can easily be emotionally attracted to one person and yet unpredictably terminate relationships.

As an inventor you have no rival; your problem is that sometimes you lack the practical ability to implement your creations. Professionally you will be successful in any of the following fields of activity: modern science, electrical work, photography, archaeology, astrology, radio etc.

This position indicates that you are extroverted in your behavior. You thrust yourself forward to meet people. You will have many unpredictable romantic liaisons in which you will behave impulsively and irrationally. Your partner may be an uncommon person with a flash of genius.

It is not going to be easy to maintain happiness in your relationship. If you can exert some effort to better comprehend your partner and obtain the same co-operation, then your relationship will last throughout your life. Otherwise there is danger of separation.

Saturn in the Third House

Saturn appeared in the third house at the time of your birth. This planet brings an aura of objectivity and contriving to all mental functions; the general attitude is reserved, serious, and lacking in dynamism, warmth and flexibility. You are a thinker and a slow, but determined planner.

The struggle to realize your life plans might be difficult, and you will receive little assistance from persons close to you.

You tend to worry needlessly or give excessive attention to plans which will yield very little in relation to the effort invested. We advise you to plan things carefully and realistically without overdoing it.

Saturn here represents duties that you must comply with and which are of an intellectual nature. It also points to tests of character occurring at critical points of human relationship, which can only be successfully "passed" by developing an altruistic and compassionate nature that will make pardon and forgiveness feasible.

Venus in the Fourth House

Venus was found in the fourth house at the time of your birth. This is usually a very favorable and fruitful position that grants excellent family relationships within peaceful and beautiful environments.

This position indicates many social affairs, feasts, parties, celebrations, and related activities. Near the end of your life you should experience financial gain and an overall economic improvement. A natural lover of country life and nature, you will find many opportunities to gratify these sentiments.

Sun in the Fifth House

The Sun was found in the fifth house at the time of your birth. This is a very significant location for the Sun.

There seems to be a progressive and gradual expansion of your feelings, especially the generative ones, throughout the years. Your life is oriented towards success in matters of enterprises, businesses, speculations, and society and pleasurable activities. Your love life promises to be very rich and will list many rewarding emotional attachments. In love you conduct yourself with dignity and certain poise.

Your pride is very sensitive in matters connected with your emotional nature. You are easily injured if your possessiveness and majesty in love is threatened. You can be very magnanimous and forgiving with the object of your love, and you will extend many positive qualities along with natural protection and strength.

Moon in the Sixth House

The Moon was found in your sixth house at the time of birth. Among other things, this indicates that throughout life your work duties will be varied, multiple, and require contact with many people. Healthwise, this may denote a propensity to suffer through excessive changes and motivations.

Psychologically, this position inclines you to act through subordinate roles rather than those of leadership. A final psychological trait is a secret desire to become known professionally.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Do you read your daily horoscopes? Or, have you ever gone further and done a natal chart and had an analysis done? What's your take on the subject?
I've enjoyed astrology since my teens, as a way to understand all the wierd and quirky aspects of my personality. I've had my charts done, read many books on the planets and aspects and by and large I've found it to be somewhat accurate and entertaining.

Here's a "short" description of my personality through astrology, courtesy of Astro.com. If you know your own birth data, you can get many reports like this for free. Very cool! http://www.astro.com/

Sun in Cancer, Moon in Leo

You were born with the Sun in Cancer and the Moon in Leo. Your individuality is under the rulership of Cancer. This means that internally you focus on emotions and instincts. When you can express yourself freely, you show a concern for family life as well as casual relationships. At the emotional level, at least, you are frank and trustworthy. You are very attached to your material possessions. You are very fond of pleasure and amusement. You are ambitious and desirous of prominent positions, as well as of the opportunity to perform in public. People view you as generous, honorable, and high-minded.

Your weaknesses lie in the emotions. The sign of Cancer gives you tremendous sensitivity in your relationships with friends. You are spontaneous and frank with them, and you will suffer considerably when these attitudes are not reciprocated.

The key to better integration of your personality is to enlarge your intellectual capacities.

Ascendant in Aquarius, Uranus in the Seventh House

At the time of your birth the zodiacal sign of Aquarius was ascending in the horizon. Its ruler Uranus is located in the seventh house.

You were born with a natural disposition to be humane, sympathetic, original and refined in your dealings with others. Among your features is the ability to understand human nature in a sympathetic manner. Unfortunately, you do not always act upon your intuitions and may become rationalistic at times when swift and prompt determination is required.

The common Aquarian is good and kindly, but usually led astray by eccentric and bizarre companions.

Your tastes are refined and your discrimination keen. You have a natural inclination toward the esoteric and mystical side of life and you could develop some clairvoyant abilities. Basically you are a lover of freedom; in the realization of this desire you may go to extremes.

Although changeable in appearance, your life is guided by very definite and fixed principles, one of which is a constant demand for personal freedom. In love you are a strange character. You can easily be emotionally attracted to one person and yet unpredictably terminate relationships.

As an inventor you have no rival; your problem is that sometimes you lack the practical ability to implement your creations. Professionally you will be successful in any of the following fields of activity: modern science, electrical work, photography, archaeology, astrology, radio etc.

This position indicates that you are extroverted in your behavior. You thrust yourself forward to meet people. You will have many unpredictable romantic liaisons in which you will behave impulsively and irrationally. Your partner may be an uncommon person with a flash of genius.

It is not going to be easy to maintain happiness in your relationship. If you can exert some effort to better comprehend your partner and obtain the same co-operation, then your relationship will last throughout your life. Otherwise there is danger of separation.

Saturn in the Third House

Saturn appeared in the third house at the time of your birth. This planet brings an aura of objectivity and contriving to all mental functions; the general attitude is reserved, serious, and lacking in dynamism, warmth and flexibility. You are a thinker and a slow, but determined planner.

The struggle to realize your life plans might be difficult, and you will receive little assistance from persons close to you.

You tend to worry needlessly or give excessive attention to plans which will yield very little in relation to the effort invested. We advise you to plan things carefully and realistically without overdoing it.

Saturn here represents duties that you must comply with and which are of an intellectual nature. It also points to tests of character occurring at critical points of human relationship, which can only be successfully "passed" by developing an altruistic and compassionate nature that will make pardon and forgiveness feasible.

Venus in the Fourth House

Venus was found in the fourth house at the time of your birth. This is usually a very favorable and fruitful position that grants excellent family relationships within peaceful and beautiful environments.

This position indicates many social affairs, feasts, parties, celebrations, and related activities. Near the end of your life you should experience financial gain and an overall economic improvement. A natural lover of country life and nature, you will find many opportunities to gratify these sentiments.

Sun in the Fifth House

The Sun was found in the fifth house at the time of your birth. This is a very significant location for the Sun.

There seems to be a progressive and gradual expansion of your feelings, especially the generative ones, throughout the years. Your life is oriented towards success in matters of enterprises, businesses, speculations, and society and pleasurable activities. Your love life promises to be very rich and will list many rewarding emotional attachments. In love you conduct yourself with dignity and certain poise.

Your pride is very sensitive in matters connected with your emotional nature. You are easily injured if your possessiveness and majesty in love is threatened. You can be very magnanimous and forgiving with the object of your love, and you will extend many positive qualities along with natural protection and strength.

Moon in the Sixth House

The Moon was found in your sixth house at the time of birth. Among other things, this indicates that throughout life your work duties will be varied, multiple, and require contact with many people. Healthwise, this may denote a propensity to suffer through excessive changes and motivations.

Psychologically, this position inclines you to act through subordinate roles rather than those of leadership. A final psychological trait is a secret desire to become known professionally.

I've always followed my horoscope..This one was dead on..Very weird how accurate it was

Hi Kitty! I have always had a facination for Astrology, as i believe it is actually a science. I have collected many books about Astrology and have had my chart done. I like to ask what birth sign people are because i believe it gives a little insight into the person in a general way, and it can be helpful in understanding where a person is coming from. I dont tend to read my stars every day, but if i do have a few Astrologers that i follow and i will read their predictions.

Latest posts

Back